Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New American Style Houses

Hi everyone. My specialty is the New American House. They are known for being big and beautiful. I hope you enjoy.

I will upload photos over time.

Comments

• Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited January 2018
    This is my January 2018 house. It is located in Lucky Palms. This is my first house with the Generations EP and those big windows on the front of the house are beautiful! This house is my first attempt where I made my garage at a 1-stair level so I can easily connect my garage to the house. I think it does work pretty well.
    R8TPmt9.jpg
    Front of the house. Notice the difference in foundation from the garage side to the right side of the house.
    SJfQ7sV.jpg
    PSaErc4.jpg
    D1m8Gfm.jpg
    raaSmqg.jpg
    LAub8YG.jpg
    9xgGEQg.jpg
    lemmvgQ.jpg
    mo9ghnd.jpg
    FTqhx5s.jpg
    rpiO8sk.jpg
    QTF7sez.jpg
    lgCrkNE.jpg
    qLDCjmm.jpg
    W8KtXLI.jpg
    xWHPGGU.jpg
    Y8Lyzye.jpg
    Post edited by Anthonydyer on
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    The exterior design of your January 2018 home looks very nice! :) Very nice roofing! The wall textures give a very nice look to the home. It is great that there are backyard areas where sims can enjoy swimimg in the pool., relax in the hot tub, or enjoy resting on the loungers in the sunshine. Very nice layout of the interior of the home. The dining area is a nice light filled place for sims to enjoy sitting at the dining table eating a meal with sunlight coming in through the glass doors. The wall texture in the kitchen adds a nice look to the area. Sims will enjoy relaxing on the sofa in the living room area, watching tv.
    It is a very nice American style home :)
  • Options
    This is my November 2017 house. It is located in Sunset Valley. I built an open-concept family room near the kitchen, but my sims were much more interested in the study with the bookshelf and fireplace. It does seem like a cozy room though. :)
    QusMwpA.jpg
    G8c2nVe.jpg
    eHCHKSy.jpg
    FpPVoA2.jpg
    xWrdH01.jpg
    RFlgBDx.jpg
    75nenmi.jpg
    Vc6es4M.jpg
    7YkkoID.jpg
    Hf8e7JH.jpg
    Owuhun0.jpg
    p888nua.jpg
    EiRypQM.jpg
  • Options
    funkeeferretfunkeeferret Posts: 415 Member

Very nice houses! A great open feeling and plenty of living space. :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    The exterior design of your November 2017 home is very nice also! :) Very nice back patio areas for sims to enjoy relaxing in the hot tub or enjoy cooking meals on the bbq to sit and eat in the sunshine on the loungers. It is great that there is a harvestsble garden for sims to enjoy growing and harvesting plants. Very nice layout of the interior. The blue and green colours of the walls look nice and calming. The pink blossoms are pretty touches on the bathroom sink. Very nice study room! Sims will enjoy relaxing there near the fireplace reading a book, or doing studying on the computer at the study desk table. The double study desks looks great! They will enjoy watching tv there also.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    Thank you for the kind words. @rosemow You always have a great taste in design!

It always is tough to get started. Many times I will try something and then have to undo it because I do not like the look of it. I have fought garages for years. I have tried doing garages at the level of in-foundation basements. I just discovered a new technique which involves making the foundation 1 step high. It looks better than having a large drop off.

I love vaulted ceilings! It offers an exquisite view.