Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    THE MARKLYNE BABIES THE PEOPLE WANTED

Did you put them up on the gallery? ;)

We will soon have HUNDREDS of Marklyne babies, @LadyLobster :open_mouth:

The dream will soon be a reality ;)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited January 2018

Yeah but what if they're ugly. :confused:
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »

Their parents will love them anyway....
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »

The most important question of the day. :D
  • Options
    Hehe my friend has promised to send me pictures of the eggs and baby fishies... so we will hopefully see in time how they come out ;)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    First of all, I don't know what you have about your poses. Harper's facial expression is great - I wish I could do that!
    Second, Marklyne are great :joy: Don't know why, it even feels like a good clownfish name. Somewhat marine :joy:
    And it just hit me that Tomato's broadly smiling face on your avatar might be an attempt of bribery toward your readers. How are we supposed to tell you what we really feel when we keep feeling bad for Tomato? :D
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    Hahahaha @MrsRacooney I love your evil theory about my adorable avvie :naughty: Muahahahha

And I agree that it’s a great clownfish name ;)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Today Zayne talks about being a grandfather... and his thoughts on Harper’s sentence...

6.54: Never Would Have Dreamed
    cdHsRCL.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    It's good hearing things from Zayne's perspective again (in that it's been so long!) - we've been seeing things filtered through Harper's point of view, and that totally changes the meaning and our understanding... it's good to know how he's feeling.

I'm mostly excited to see Harper in prison. Or will there be a time jump?
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    @superkyle221 I’m glad you enjoyed Zayne’s POV!

And the answer to your question is no time jump :tongue: The next 20-ish chapters (maybe more!) will all be while she’s in prison haha. Fasten your seatbelt!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    So nice to see things from Zayne's point of view. He has lots to feel guilty for but Joce is right. I'm glad that Harper was the one to call her parents back to stay with her while giving birth. No one should be alone for that. I'm so happy that Erik is seeing his baby and is happy about it. Maybe he is getting better now. So now Harper is off to prison. Hopefully she will use her time there well. But knowing you @CitizenErased14 probably not. :/
    Great update! :) I was so happy to see this today. I haven't got your schedule set in my mind yet. So now counting to myself...
  • Options
    SpectresValkyrieSpectresValkyrie Posts: 317 Member
    I am glad to see that Erik is seeing Phoenix. I was momentarily concerned that he wouldn't. Joce of course is right about regretting and focusing too much on the past. Yes bad things have happened but who knows what can happen in two years. This could be for the better and dwelling on all the past mistakes can make one bitter about the future. Zayne buddy, I am sure it is easier to blame Erik for things but he wasn't the one who stole from Joce. He didn't tell Harper to do it. He seemed rather appalled to learn that she did. Sure he didn't really try to stop her but he didn't know where the money was coming from at first. It doesn't excuse any of what he did but it was mostly Harper. She took the money, turned her back on her friends and family. Blaming them for everything and stealing. I do feel kind of bad that Harper is missing the first two years of her son's life but she sort of did this to herself. Imagine what would have happened if she stole from someone who wasn't family. She could have gotten worse. I missed Zayne's POV. I know it isn't his generation anymore and it was refreshing to see. Seeing things from his eyes was interesting. He could see the changes in Harper and told us his fears for the future. He has a right to be worried but the time with his grandson should help. This was a really enjoyable chapter. I am worried for what is going to happen when Harper gets out.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    @haswh I’m glad you enjoyed hearing from Zayne’s perspective :) And you are right — Erik is getting much better! At this point, he’s been in rehab for about three months. So he is off the heroin and his mind is much more clear. I think there’s a lot more hope for him at this point than Harper... but we’ll see! :tongue:

And speaking of schedule... Saturday is the next update, and after that I’m going back to Wednesdays and Satudays :)

@SpectresValkyrie You make a great point about Zayne maybe blaming Erik a little too much. I think he sees him as a bad influence on his daughter and feels like he’s responsible for things snowballing out of control. If he had a job and wasn’t high all the time, Harper probably wouldn’t have been so desperate for money. That’s Zayne’s line of thinking, at least!

I’m glad you liked seeing his POV again! I’ve missed writing Zayne. His gen has been the longest so far, so I’ve been in his head longer than anyone else’s
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,767 Member
    I think Zayne needs to take a Mental Health First Aid class
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @MadameLee LOL maybe that would help! :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    orangeplumboborangeplumbob Posts: 1,102 Member
    Not sure if I'm mad at Zayne or Citizen, but to both of you:
    tenor.gif?itemid=4207811
    22892962.gif
    anigif_sub-buzz-26517-1490288620-1.gif?downsize=715:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto
    dontlike2.gif
    OqEajml.gif
  • Options
    I make no apologies @orangeplumbob :naughty:

(Hehe love u! :heart::kissing_heart: )
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Zayne you have no idea how much you're like Harper and because of this, I somehow believe Harper is going to change too. Don't lose hope because often when you do, that's when things get worse. Well, at least, that's what has happened in this scenario. Zayne lost hope and got Harper arrested. Now, Zayne has to hold onto the hope that he can rebuild his relationship with Harper.
  • Options
    @simscognito Well, Zayne's lost "Hope" before... and managed to win her back and make things good again ;)

Maybe that will happen to the lowercase-h "hope" too :tongue: (Sorry, I couldn't resist)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    @simscognito Well, Zayne's lost "Hope" before... and managed to win her back and make things good again ;)

Maybe that will happen to the lowercase-h "hope" too :tongue: (Sorry, I couldn't resist)

You...you really did that... :lol:
  • Options

@CitizenErased14 No worries. I was trying to restrain from making a Hope pun in my response too. :D It's true though, he has almost lost 'Hope/hope' on a number of occasions.
  • Options
    PurplishSimEaterPurplishSimEater Posts: 563 Member
    Me @ Zayne right now:

tenor.gif?itemid=4550781
    giphy.gif

So in summary,
    i-hate-you-gif-12.gif
    Works in Progress: Fitzgerald Family Fables
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • Options
    LMAO I love your awkward Voldemort hug for Zayne @PurplishSimEater :joy:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    PurplishSimEaterPurplishSimEater Posts: 563 Member
    @CitizenErased14 I Googled "awkward hug GIF" and it was the first thing to pop up - it's so fitting, too :joy:
    Works in Progress: Fitzgerald Family Fables
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • Options
    xbecky685xxbecky685x Posts: 323 Member
    I'm so sad for Harper :'(
    I don't really like Zayne anymore. I know what Harper did was wrong but i don't think phoning the police was the right thing to do. And now shes going to leave her baby :'(:'(
    Gallery xbecky685x

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top