The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stolen Computer

So I have a sinking suspicion that I already know the answer to this question, but I figure that I may as well ask it anyway, right?

So my home was broken into earlier this week, and my computer was stolen. Now obviously I haven't backed up the save from this computer onto a flash drive or anything because I wasn't expecting the computer to be stolen.

So the question is: are all of my old saves gone forever? No way to recover them unless I loaded the sims onto the gallery?

Thanks.
I don't remember how to change my signature.

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    If you did not back up your game on a flash drive or external hard drive, your game saves would be gone. You should be able to recover your sims if you uploaded them to the gallery. Sorry you lost your computer. :'(
  • Options
    korniwalkkorniwalk Posts: 4 New Member
    No way to recover them unless I loaded the sims onto the gallery?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,715 Member
    Hello
    I am sorry that your home was broken into, and your computer stolen :( It would have been very upsetting for you.
    If you didn’t back up your save files onto an external drive, you won’t be able to recover your saves. I am sorry :(
    It would be best to change all the passwords of any programs that you had on your computer. Change your Origin account password.
    You can only recover sims that you uploaded to the community section of the gallery.
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Thanks all, that's kind of what I figured. And of course, since I didn't expect the computer to be stolen, I of course didn't create backups on an external hard drive.

Not the end of the world, but it's what I expected would be the case.

Thanks for the help.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited January 2018
    korniwalk wrote: »
    No way to recover them unless I loaded the sims onto the gallery?

You have to put your saves on an external hard drive or USB flash drive.. If you don't copy your saves for safe keeping, there is no way to recover your saves due to a stolen computer or your hard drive goes bad etc. The only things you could recover is anything you uploaded to the gallery. It's a good idea to invest in an external hard drive or usb flash drive to save your game files so you don't loose your game should something go wrong.

If your computer has more than one internal hard drive, you could drag your save game files to the second hard drive for safe keeping, however this would not help if your computer gets stolen
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Origin has Cloud though.

So, the big question is does Origin Cloud support TS4 and the next question would be did you turn it on in the client? If the answer is yes to both of those then the news could be good.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,715 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    Origin has Cloud though.

So, the big question is does Origin Cloud support TS4 and the next question would be did you turn it on in the client? If the answer is yes to both of those then the news could be good.

Hello
    Sims 4 doesn’t use Origin Cloud.