Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    alifesizeddollalifesizeddoll Posts: 55 Member
    Psssst. I'm still here!

@rosemow it's like you knew... my baby was due Jan. 1st ;)<3
    My l.o came a few weeks early, and it's been hectic around here with the holidays, but since my S.O took off some time to help, I had time to build and upload a room and pics! Yay!

So here is my nursery for the week. You can see in the screenshot I actually did two, one is fairly close to my actual shared nursery for my kids, and the other is more fun. Since I already shared a similar nursery based off my IRL one, here I decided to just do the fun one instead. :)

--♥--♥--♥--♥--♥--♥--♥--♥--♥--♥--♥--♥--♥--♥--♥--♥--♥--♥--♥--♥--♥--♥--♥--♥--♥--♥--♥--♥--♥--♥--♥--♥--

Theme for the week: A nursery for a new baby
    Gallery name of room : A Nerdy Nursery
    Origin id : alifesizeddoll
    Pictures of the room :

JYJgwP5.png
    SVEqeN0.png
    jKyicIZ.png
    GWd9hJZ.png
    xGC95tQ.png

A few shots of "Emily" in the room
    aj6OfNU.png
    KlsymoO.png

Hope everyone's holidays were great! I'm forever lurking and checking out all the builds :)<3 XO
    like vines we intertwined carelessly growing up and growing old; life was on our tongue

Gallery: alifesizeddoll
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,643 Member
    Congratulations on the birth of your precious new little baby! @alifesizeddoll <3 I send hugs to you and your new little baby at this very special time <3 I will be back later to post about your Nursery but just wanted to say now that it lovely to hear your special news of the birth of your baby :)
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Hi Rose and everyone! I am finally starting to feel better from my surgery on Dec.21st. I hope everyone enjoyed Wonderful Holidays! <3

Gorgeous Nurseries everyone! I Love each and every one of them! :blush:

I am so sorry to hear about your heating and water leaks @coolsim9999999. :( So glad the repair guy was able to get you some heat on one floor at least. I hope everything gets fixed up ASAP and you don't have too many repairs and clean up. <3

Congratulations on the birth of your new baby daughter @alifesizeddoll! Such an exciting way to celebrate the New Year! :blush:

• Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Entry Form
    Challenge 144
    Theme for the week: A Nursery for A New Little Baby.
    Gallery name of room: Welcome Baby Girl
    Origin id: wrathofcath
    Pictures of the room:

01-06-18_6%253A33%253A07%25C2%25A0PM.png

01-06-18_6%253A34%253A38%25C2%25A0PM.png

01-06-18_6%253A35%253A04%25C2%25A0PM.png

01-06-18_6%253A35%253A19%25C2%25A0PM.png

01-06-18_6%253A41%253A31%25C2%25A0PM.png

01-06-18_6%253A36%253A39%25C2%25A0PM.png

• Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Thank you for the nice comments @rosemow! Great nurseries @chips46, @WrathofCath, and @alifesizeddoll! Congrats on the birth of your bundle of joy @alifesizeddoll! I know you'll have her playing the sims in no time. :)

Good to hear you have some heat @coolsim9999999; hope your heat and water get fully repaired soon. It's bitterly cold in a lot of places in the US right now.

Glad to hear you're feeling better @WrathofCath. I hope you have a full recovery soon.

I had surgery too on Dec. 29 and can't drive or do anything physical for a month but am allowed to use the computer, read or watch TV. So I'll be playing the sims quite a bit I think. :p
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Nerdy Nursery is a very nice room for the new little baby ! @alifesizeddoll :) The brown, cream and pink colour scheme of the room looks very nice. Very nice corner bassinet windows nook for sunshine to come in onto the baby. The corner angled sofa seat sitting nook is very nice! The parents will enjoy sitting there reading a story from a book on the wall bookshelf to their little baby. The variety of themed posters, pictures, mysims decals and elephant tapestry on the walls add a very nice look to the room. The hand wall candle light looks great! The sims will enjoy playing lullabies on the keyboard whilst looking out through the windows at the outdoirs views. Very nice changing table corner. The pink colour of the drawers looks nice and the towels, toiletries and tissues there are homely touches, It is nice that there is a pink mirror on the wall. The neon bar sign adds a great look to the area ! The unicorn and Skelly bear are cute in the room!
    The furnishing of the nursery is very nice ! Thank you very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • Options
    Hello @lsnishi :) I send hugs to you as you recover from your surgery <3 I hope that the recovery and healing process after your surgery goes smoothly. Have fun simming! :)
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @lsnishi :) I send hugs to you as you recover from your surgery <3 I hope that the recovery and healing process after your surgery goes smoothly. Have fun simming! :)

Thanks @rosemow! I actually feel OK so it's an effort not to do things. The doctor scolded me for lifting things and doing household chores on my first follow up visit. I thought if it didn't hurt, I could do it; but apparently she's serious about me doing as little as possible. That's really harder than it sounds! (And here I thought I'd like a life of leisure....) :)

PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    Hello @WrathofCath :) I send hugs to you <3 as you continue to recover from your surgery. I am glad that you are starting to feel better. I hope that each day will help in the healing process after the operation.
    Welcome Baby Girl is such a very pretty Nursery! :) Very nice pink and white colour scheme of the room! It looks such a calming and gentle nursery! The pink flooring and the white floor rug on it looks nice. Very nice furnishing of the room! The corner armchair nook is very nice for sims to enjoy sitting there playing lullabies on the violin to their little baby or reading a story to the little one. The bunnies and cat are cute there! The milk bottle for the baby is a great touch ! The pink floral lamp is pretty placed behind the armchair, Very nice changing table nook! It looks nice how the cabinets and bathroom product wall cabinets have been placed there to create the nook. The toiletries are a great touch on the table. The floral and bird themed wall decor look very nice on the walls in the room. The design of the toddlers bed looks so very nice! It looks very great how the resized floral wedding arches have been used there! The animal pictures on the wall are very cute for the child to look at when in bed ! It is nice that there is a tub of toys and a doll house to have fun playing with in the room. The cat and unicorn soft toys are very cute either sides of the door! The lady print door is a nice touch in the room. Very nice windows booknook area! The cats, giraffe, llamas and bunny wall prints there are cute!
    It is a special nursery for the little baby! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,141 Member
    edited January 2018
    @alifesizeddoll --- Congratulations on your new baby B)!
    @WrathofCath --- I'm glad that your recovery from surgery is going well :)!
    @lsnishi --- I'm glad that your recovery from surgery is going well :)!
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    pepper090889pepper090889 Posts: 3,354 Member
    Theme: a Nursery for a new little baby
    Gallery Name: New Year Nursery
    Origin ID: pepper090889
    YouTube Link: CLICK ME
    Screenshots:
    XbHZN0c.jpg

Xr0wIib.jpg

D5nyPOl.jpg

4AfjSVH.jpg

Ultg18h.jpg

au0WRbu.jpg

TTj4ytA.jpg
    ofNj4ul
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Update:
    Thank you very much for your very nice messages @leashahampton @Chips @kilra0 @WrathofCath and @lsnishi :)! There was a cancellation, and so, the heat repair guy was able to come earlier last night, and he fixed part of the problem, so we have heat on the first floor again --- although, it's not as good as it will be when the guy comes back on Monday to fix the second floor heat and the pipes --- although, we still have to deal with the water damage that's already occurred. He said that we will not get any more water damage. So, we'll sleep downstairs with an extra blanket. So, we'll be warm enough.
    I still can't believe that there's water damage, but we'll fix it little by little, but it really stinks, as well as having to wait for the second floor heat and pipes to be fixed.
    We were all surprised when there was a cancellation, and we were calling around to see which relatives were around if we needed to spend a couple of days at one of their houses. Yeah, I hope the repair man shows up on Monday. We have a spot locked in on the waiting list, but we have no idea how many people are ahead of us.

@leashahampton ---- I live in one of the colder areas of the US.

@kilra0 --- ha ha --- I was thinking something along those lines because of my screenname...lol!

Awesome rooms, everyone!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    The furnishing of New Year Nursery is very nice! @pepper090889 :) The light blue colour of the walls creates a calming setting for the baby to sleep, and golden patterning of one of the walls adds a very nice look to the room. The dog toy animal in the corner of the room and the heart teddy, llamas and koala on the shelves are very cute ! It is great that there is a potty and a cute cat themed toy chest with toys surrounding it in the room for the baby to use and play with when becoming a toddler. Very nice nice windows bassinet area! It is nice that sunlight will come in through the windows onto the baby. The type of curtains used looks very nice. The blocks look great placed beside bassinet. The towels, basket of clothes and tissues are nice homely Nursery touches on the dresser and it is great that there is a clothes hamper in the room. The toiletries wall shelf looks great in the room. Very nice armchair nook for the parents to sit and relax, whilst keeping a watch on their sleeping baby. They will enjoy reading a story to their little child there also. It is nice that there is a keyboard for the sims to enjoy playing lullabies to the baby. The pictures and the baby shoes wall decor are nice touches on the keyboard area wall.
    It is a very nice Nursery for the new little baby! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • Options
    I hope that the repair man comes as early as possible for you on Monday @coolsim9999999 :) I am sorry that you are needing to now clear up the damage done by the water. It is an unpleasant situation when water damage occurs.
  • Options
    Thank you very much for your thoughtful message @rosemow :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    Wow These Nurseries ARE SO PRETTY!!! <3<3<3
  • Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Hi @rosemow all the nurseries are so cute and full of creative details <3 It is a nice and hopeful theme to start the new year :# Thanks for the challenge o:)

@WrathofCath @lsnishi I wish you both a fast recovery, take care <3

Entry Form
    Challenge 144
    Theme for the week: A Nursery for A New Little Baby.
    Gallery name of room: Alien Nursery
    Origin id: osiazul
    Pictures of the room:

WJujAnM.png
    frgaxwj.png
    UQiW0Ha.png
    J9R0Y4h.png
  • Options
    alifesizeddollalifesizeddoll Posts: 55 Member
    Thank you so much @rosemow ! & as always thank you for the lovely comments on my room, and hosting a great challenge :)

@WrathofCath thank you! I hope you're feeling better & 2018 is a year brings a speedy recovery and good health!

@lsnishi Thank you! My 2 y.o already loves sims, especially now that there are pets, so I'm sure her little sister won't be far behind ;) Good luck with being on bedrest and a speedy recovery! It can be THE WORST! But at least Sims is low energy enough to keep you occupied.

@coolsim9999999 Thank you! Sorry to hear about all the trouble you're having and I hope things work out soon!
    like vines we intertwined carelessly growing up and growing old; life was on our tongue

Gallery: alifesizeddoll
  • Options
    kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    All nurseries are wonderful <3
    Your alien themed rooms are so cool @emere & @carolynrosser! and I love yours as well @chips46 <3
    @WrathofCath welcome back! hope you recover soon. Your room is so lovely - love your toddler bed :love: !
    @alifesizeddoll Congratulations to your new baby! What a lovely present for the new year <3
    @Ainsleyf thank you! Your room is so much fun!
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    You're welcome @alifesizeddoll :)! Thank you for your nice comment about my no heat on the second floor issue.
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    The alien themed nursery looks great! @emere :) The shape of the room is great and very nice furnishing to suit an alien family! The purple, blue, pink and black colour scheme of the room looks very effective! The alien plants garden nook looks great! It is very nice that there is an alien type bassinet for the new little baby. The patterning on the floor using the purple and pink circles and squares gives a very nice look to the room! The science themed door suits the room type well! Very nice dresser nook. The alien on top of the dresser is a nice touch and the towels will be helpful to use in the room, The pink crystals add to the great look of the room, and chompie, the robot and the mysims on the shelves are great touches in the room. The dragon is cute in the room! The parents will enjoy sitting on the seats playing lullabies to their baby on Grim’s freezer bunny guitar!
    Alien families will enjoy having your nursery in their homes! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • Options
    Thanks @alifesizeddoll for the good wishes. Yes, I'm playing the sims more than normal now since I can't do much right now. May have to binge watch Game of Thrones since I've never seen it....

Oh @emere, really cool alien baby nursery. I almost did one of those too! You somehow managed to make yours cute and futuristic which is no small feat. Great job on that!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    oh @lsnishi I totally missed you :# of course I wish you all the best for a soon recovery :* Sometimes it's quite hard to keep with the pace ;)
  • Options
    No worries @kilra0; I'm recovering well and mostly bored right now. Thank goodness for the sims! :)
    PDWxp40.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top