Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fix things falling out of the queue already!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Mendota wrote: »
    I'm beginning to doubt that this will ever be fixed. The Sims 4 came out in 2014 and none of the major bugs have been really fixed. Like when they patch the game more stuff ends up breaking. I thought patches where suppose to FIX the base features of the programming. So why in now 2018 does my sims still feel the need to stop doing what I tell them to play with a ball of clay? (I swear the clay is evil!) You would think that EA would feel some sort of way when people compare their newer game to the older ones and more than often people say the older games are better. From a marketing standpoint, you would want the opposite. People should be saying how the newer game is better than the older ones. Granted there are some features that are better than Sims 1-3, but the overall gameplay isn't. If someone new to the sims asked me what generation I recommend, I'm going to say Sims 2 or 3. The Sims 4 isn't worth paying for as it is now. I'm really hoping that with all the cash grab EA has been doing with this game a Sims 5 will be on the horizon in 2019. I really would be disappointed if they continue to stretch the game out for another 2 years, it's just not worth it. Better to start on the next generation and take the time that a life simulation needs, hopefully going back to the roots of the Sims franchise, getting some help from the creator of the Sims, and listening to the community for an idea of what people want.

I have to disagree with that. I like the sims 4 a great deal, better than Sims 2 which is my favorite, and well I hated Sims 3. I have to say this because I dislike it when people post things such as; Get rid of Sims 4. I think the issue is that the developers think that most players play with full autonomy and want to see the sims always doing things, and they have gone overboard. Still I prefer the gameplay and the game. For me and many others it is indeed "worth it". So please speak for yourself.
    First, if you like Sims 4 better than Sims 2, Sims 4 is your favourite, not Sims 2. And second, they are speaking for themselves. Like you. “More than often people say the older games are better” is a fact. Like for you and many others Sims 4 is worth it is a fact.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I'm beginning to doubt that this will ever be fixed. The Sims 4 came out in 2014 and none of the major bugs have been really fixed. Like when they patch the game more stuff ends up breaking. I thought patches where suppose to FIX the base features of the programming. So why in now 2018 does my sims still feel the need to stop doing what I tell them to play with a ball of clay? (I swear the clay is evil!) You would think that EA would feel some sort of way when people compare their newer game to the older ones and more than often people say the older games are better. From a marketing standpoint, you would want the opposite. People should be saying how the newer game is better than the older ones. Granted there are some features that are better than Sims 1-3, but the overall gameplay isn't. If someone new to the sims asked me what generation I recommend, I'm going to say Sims 2 or 3. The Sims 4 isn't worth paying for as it is now. I'm really hoping that with all the cash grab EA has been doing with this game a Sims 5 will be on the horizon in 2019. I really would be disappointed if they continue to stretch the game out for another 2 years, it's just not worth it. Better to start on the next generation and take the time that a life simulation needs, hopefully going back to the roots of the Sims franchise, getting some help from the creator of the Sims, and listening to the community for an idea of what people want.

I have to disagree with that. I like the sims 4 a great deal, better than Sims 2 which is my favorite, and well I hated Sims 3. I have to say this because I dislike it when people post things such as; Get rid of Sims 4. I think the issue is that the developers think that most players play with full autonomy and want to see the sims always doing things, and they have gone overboard. Still I prefer the gameplay and the game. For me and many others it is indeed "worth it". So please speak for yourself.
    First, if you like Sims 4 better than Sims 2, Sims 4 is your favourite, not Sims 2. And second, they are speaking for themselves. Like you. “More than often people say the older games are better” is a fact. Like for you and many others Sims 4 is worth it is a fact.

Well I don't want to get into an argument with you, but I was commenting on what was said about Sims 4 not being worth it as a blanket statement. They didn't say "It is not worth it for me." And quite frankly if a game is not "worth it" to you, the best thing to do is to stop playing. Yes Sims 2 was my previous favorite. You always seem to come around to react whenever someone remarks negatively on Sims 3. Yes I hated it... But you know what? I allowed those who were enjoying it at the time to do so. NOT ONCE did I come onto the forums during it's run to say things like: "I wish it would end already" or "It is not worth it". I accepted different strokes for different folks. And that is all I am asking.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2018

Well I don't want to get into an argument with you, but I was commenting on what was said about Sims 4 not being worth it as a blanket statement. They didn't say "It is not worth it for me." And quite frankly if a game is not "worth it" to you, the best thing to do is to stop playing. Yes Sims 2 was my previous favorite. You always seem to come around to react whenever someone remarks negatively on Sims 3. Yes I hated it... But you know what? I allowed those who were enjoying it at the time to do so. NOT ONCE did I come onto the forums during it's run to say things like: "I wish it would end already" or "It is not worth it". I accepted different strokes for different folks. And that is all I am asking.
    I don’t care what you think about Sims 3, apart from the fact it’s irrelevant here, which is why I didn’t react to that (to be honest I hardly noticed that remark because I already know you do). You always seem to come around to react whenever someone remarks negatively on Sims 4 and that was why I reacted in this case. There was no ‘blanket statement’, they clearly said “more than often people say the older games are better”, which is true. People do say that. Doesn’t mean you have to agree. That simmer was clearly talking for themselves, not for you. The ‘not worth it’ remark was introduced by the phrasing “If someone new to the sims asked me....” And “I’m really hoping”. So they did make it perfectly clear it was their opinion. You in fact are trying to speak for someone else when you say the best thing to do is stop playing. Everybody decides for themselves what is the best thing to do. They state the game isn’t worth it ‘as it is now’. Apparently they still haven’t given up hope.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member

I don’t care what you think about Sims 3, apart from the fact it’s irrelevant here, which is why I didn’t react to that (to be honest I hardly noticed that remark because I already know you do). You always seem to come around to react whenever someone remarks negatively on Sims 4 and that was why I reacted in this case. There was no ‘blanket statement’, they clearly said “more than often people say the older games are better”, which is true. People do say that. Doesn’t mean you have to agree. That simmer was clearly talking for themselves, not for you. The ‘not worth it’ remark was introduced by the phrasing “If someone new to the sims asked me....” And “I’m really hoping”. So they did make it perfectly clear it was their opinion. You in fact are trying to speak for someone else when you say the best thing to do is stop playing. Everybody decides for themselves what is the best thing to do. They state the game isn’t worth it ‘as it is now’. Apparently they still haven’t given up hope.

If I didn't agree with criticism, I wouldn't have added my own comment about the issue. And she/he has no idea that more often anything. And if anyone feels that the game is "not worth it" their words, then yes stop playing is the rational thing to do. Why make yourself miserable? Play the game you like. That is what I and others did. We went back to Sims 2. It is just that simple. And it is not your job to tell me what is clear or not. I read it as I read it, and that is how it came across to me. And they did not say anything along the lines of holding out hope. What they said was, they didn't even want it to go on for 2 more years, but wanted the developers to move onto Sims 5. I can read quite well thank you, so I don't need you to tell me what they meant or intended.

And this is my last comment to you as this is derailing the thread and it's intent. And I want the developers to take heed to the issues presented.
  • Options
    MorinGlory23MorinGlory23 Posts: 64 Member
    I really would be disappointed if they continue to stretch the game out for another 2 years, it's just not worth it. Better to start on the next generation and take the time that a life simulation needs, hopefully going back to the roots of the Sims franchise, getting some help from the creator of the Sims, and listening to the community for an idea of what people want.

Sorry if I offend. But most of the people that I know who have been playing the Sims don't really like the Sims 4 GAMEPLAY over the other generations. It's cool that you like it, you and others who do like the game will keep giving EA the revenue they want/need. I never said "get rid of the Sims 4" It's already here, so can't really get rid of it. (Unless the Sims AI starts hacking peoples' computers and starts taking over as the AI learns and adapts!) I was just saying that EA/Maxis should, if they haven't already, start thinking about The Sims 5. IDK how long the Sims 1 was in development before launch and I can only guess when they started on 2 and 3. But I think they should start building a team to prepare the groundwork for The Sims 5 as there are many in the community looking forward to it, and not just because of The Sims 4 but because it's almost the end of a Sims game lifespan (If you go by the previous games). It's only logical to start thinking about what could be next for the Sims Franchise. Heck, if The Sims 5 was an updated Sims 2 with features from the Sims 3 and 4, like the CAS and Create a Style, among other things that the community wants, I'll pay for it.
  • Options
    MorinGlory23MorinGlory23 Posts: 64 Member
    @Mendota I am a girl, which happens to be the demographic the Sims was aimed at (The Sims Gurus have confirmed this). Why shouldn't I share my thoughts and opinions in the FEEDBACK thread? o:) Listen, I get where you're coming from, you like the Sims 4 and 2. I like the Sims 2 and 3 for their gameplay (Sims 2 for Legacy and nostalgia; Sims 3 for the gameplay and challenges) I do appreciate the Sims 4 for some of the advancements they tried to make. The CAS is super powerful and this is the first time we can make puppies from CAS!! :D But as a player, I'm kind of ready for what's next, you know? I did the same with Sims 2 and 3 and I was honestly stoked for 4. But EA/Maxis dropped the ball on 4. Many in the community agree on this.
    @JoAnne65 Thanks for trying to back me up. I like how you picked through my comment! Like a detective searching for the truth! :wink: I'm glad you saw what I was trying to say!
  • Options
    DJraxDJrax Posts: 50 Member
    I too, have experienced this problem. My sims will just randomly drop their queue
  • Options
    geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    Dropping from queue, not canceling till there ether 3 lvls up, down or all the way to the edge of the zone are BIG problems. They also seem to have invisible actions we carnt even see to cancel now.
    Another Big problem I see is telling customers that have spent a lot of money all ready to go play something else instead of giving feed back. Im not happy with the game But I own it I have a right to give feed back, as others here do. If you dont want to see us "haters" try to improve the game dont come to these threads, I avoid general discussion because I fell uncomfortable there with the blatant denial going on. This game is not perfect so let us give our feedback in peace.