Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @bekkasan Nice update with the Bridgeport venues and beautiful city scenes :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @emorrill , You silly! I’m always telling you to write for yourself. ;)
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,430 Member
    edited January 2018
    @T_Mari. I've got Resolution #1 too (minus the remake part). :D Only problem is...it ain't what you think. BWA HA HA HA HA...
    @Nikkei_Simmer I think that you have broken my record of fitting a record number of Sims onto a lot! :smiley:

Yeah, I think my computer hates me. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer I sure hope Fiona hurries up with her mission. :open_mouth: Enjoying the updates. lol your number 1 is Kaboom!

@Karritz I took a break from watching any videos for a few days. Had stuff to catch up on and I can get lost watching video's. Watched a bunch of music ones the other day. Still have some of those songs bouncing in my head. I don't consider giving feedback a chore or a sense of duty, but, I don't do a wall of text either. I find something in particular that I really liked and comment on that and yes, I've stopped commenting on every post too because time does become a factor. This thread and friendships that have formed would not have happened if simmers had never made comments or provided some feed back. I don't expect feedback on my posts, but do treasure any comments or critique.

@T_Mari Sounds like great resolutions and plans. :)

@phoebebebe13 Hope you get to playing again when you have time. Bummer about the photo's. I still can't believe they won't let you retrieve them. I know some folks got there's out and some didn't. :(

@king_of_simcity7 Thanks for the comments.
  • Options
    Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    tumblr_p1il1g1o7q1wu9mp0o1_1280.png

The Year 2241, Day 1 - Jerry’s Journal
    Hello dear Journal thing, It’s Jerry! Your most cheerful and happy fairy to deliver you the news of today. I invited Violet over for a visit this evening. She’s one of my dearest friends but she still hadn’t met my wife, so it was about time she did! She’s been doing great lately and I’m happy about that. She stumbled through winter but now she’s ready to conquer the world with her smile again! I hate seeing my friends unhappy, so I do hope all the gloomy stuff is over for her now. At least I know for sure she’s in good hands with Davey who is definitely her perfect match.

tumblr_p1il1g1o7q1wu9mp0o6_1280.png

Fay and Violet seemed to get along just fine which is good. I hope our families can be friends forever! I heard them talk about setting up play dates for Hana and Joan already, how cute is that, haha. I hope our kids will actually get along, because of course that’s never a guarantee. Oh well, all we can do is see how things will turn out!

tumblr_p1il1g1o7q1wu9mp0o3_1280.png

Fay and I plan to have plenty more kids and I like to believe Violet and Davey will create some babies together as well. Considering Violet is family-oriented like me, I think they will! I watched her interact with little Joan and I think she’ll be a great mother to any children she’ll have. Maybe she’s a bit naive and childish sometimes, but hey, I’m childish too and I like to think I’m doing alright! Of course that’s because I have the most beautiful wife in town. I truly believe me and Fay were meant to be. Even our last names combined make Faerie-Dust, that should be proof enough!

tumblr_p1il1g1o7q1wu9mp0o4_1280.png

I have to say I’m really glad Fay and I found each other quite quickly after landing here and we were able to skip all the drama going on between the other colonists who still had to figure out who to love and who to hate. I mean, did you take a good look at the town, journal? It’s quite a mess! Marga is pregnant with Jacob’s baby but they broke up yesterday as well. Violet and Hunter aren’t together anymore but they have a baby too and then there’s Dimitri and Scarlet who seem to be having this strange love-hate relationship where they are always fighting but still end up expecting a second child already… I feel truly blessed to have Fay as my most wonderful wife and I definitely like to show her in any way I can. I even couldn’t keep my hands off her while Violet was visiting us… we kind of sneaked upstairs to do stuff you shouldn’t be doing while having guests over, but in all fairness I think Violet didn’t even notice we were gone for a while. She was having way too much fun checking out all the toys we had bought for Joan, haha…

tumblr_p1il1g1o7q1wu9mp0o2_1280.png
    tumblr_p1il1g1o7q1wu9mp0o5_1280.png
    tumblr_p1il1g1o7q1wu9mp0o7_1280.png
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @bekkasan Thanks. I still have the game screenshots on my computer but in this thread they no longer show up because of the phootobucket block :/ I got a new free account with imgur so I could upload photos again.
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,204 Member
    @emorrill I hear you, had my share of bad cc through the years so im really
    afraid of downloading too much.

• Options
    FeatherbelleFeatherbelle Posts: 20 Member
    What happened in my game today? HMPH. Nothing. Why you may ask? Well here is the story. I have tried to create a new sim twice in the last couple of days. It starts out fine...I get her face, makeup, hair, tattoos and wings (she's going to be a fairy) all looking how I want. Then I go to choose her wardrobe and that is where the trouble starts. With each outfit change, her makeup changes...and not for the better. I make a point of going in and changing it back, but that doesn't seem to work. And yes I double checked and the lock is set so that the chosen makeup goes with each outfit...but twice now when I send the girl to her new town...she looks like crap! Anyone ever have this problem, and if so how do you fix it? Thanks!

In other news...I have managed to get Ciara a bit further along in life. She has graduated Sims U with a degree in Fine Arts, final grade of B. She also fell in love with Troy Francis, who moved in with her back home. They are now married. Ciara will be starting a new job soon, courtesy of her degree, once her honeymoon is over. Troy had not graduated Sims U but had decent grades. He wants to go into the medical field and become a doctor. He is supposed to start at the hospital in about two and a half days but... thinking I might send him back to school to complete his degree. Might send Ciara with him to get a few more credits as well.
  • Options
    @bekkasan Thanks. I still have the game screenshots on my computer but in this thread they no longer show up because of the phootobucket block :/ I got a new free account with imgur so I could upload photos again.

@phoebebebe13 , I’m dealing with that crud too, it is only on my very old free Photobucket account so far, the one I was paying for hasn’t deleted everything quite yet. I really think they wouldn’t have alienated so many people if they would charge a fair amount, but holding pictures hostage for $399.00 per year is beyond greedy! I have free flickr now but would pay if it was less than $50.00 per year, that IMO is a fair price for most folks.

Luckily I had all my pictures on my computer and transferred them to flickr with no problems.
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @T_Mari :D Am I the only one who caught onto your hidden plans for World Domination in 2018.You cannot fool me I have been planning universal sim control for years

Your original post

Hmm, I have a few sim resolutions.
    1. To destroy sunset valley and remake it from scratch.
    2. To remove all townies and remake a new bunch of people
    3. To stop giving everyone good traits and make some mischief

Now your secret plans highlighted in bold

You evil genius you >:)

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer I think that my game must hate me! :no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    What happened in my game today? HMPH. Nothing. Why you may ask? Well here is the story. I have tried to create a new sim twice in the last couple of days. It starts out fine...I get her face, makeup, hair, tattoos and wings (she's going to be a fairy) all looking how I want. Then I go to choose her wardrobe and that is where the trouble starts. With each outfit change, her makeup changes...and not for the better. I make a point of going in and changing it back, but that doesn't seem to work. And yes I double checked and the lock is set so that the chosen makeup goes with each outfit...but twice now when I send the girl to her new town...she looks like ****! Anyone ever have this problem, and if so how do you fix it? Thanks!

In other news...I have managed to get Ciara a bit further along in life. She has graduated Sims U with a degree in Fine Arts, final grade of B. She also fell in love with Troy Francis, who moved in with her back home. They are now married. Ciara will be starting a new job soon, courtesy of her degree, once her honeymoon is over. Troy had not graduated Sims U but had decent grades. He wants to go into the medical field and become a doctor. He is supposed to start at the hospital in about two and a half days but... thinking I might send him back to school to complete his degree. Might send Ciara with him to get a few more credits as well.

I've never had this problem - but I tend to forget to do makeup - mostly.

I've had my share of issues with CAS and wardrobe.

Since it is possible to give a sim their wardrobe after exiting CAS I tend to get the sim saved as I want them and then take them back into CAS to do extras like wardrobe or makeup. This is because CAS uses so much memory.

I also try to save BEFORE going into CAS thereby releasing more RAM for CAS to use.

• Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Good morning everyone :) Just finished catching up over my coffee. Thanks for entertaining me :)

Great idea about the Sim-related New Year's resolutions, @Charlottesmom :) Since I am notoriously bad at resolutions I gave up years ago even trying to think of any ;) Adorable pics of your bunnies <3
  • Options
    T_Mari wrote: »
    4. To become more adventurous in the game.

I completed number 2, and I did remove all lots on sunset valley to put my own buildings (Its soo long, but I'm proud of it. I did cheat a bit downloading some houses from PS and some of my fav artists.
    I did complete 4 halfway because I started creating and using actual blueprints to build my houses and community centers. I successfully recreated Cedar Rapids Public Library into my game (with my own little twist by using some cc so I've got those lovely slanted windows). I'm struggling with number 3 because I feel bad for making a crazy sim in a family of three children and end up giving them excitable traits. I've gotta work on them.
    I'd like to see more resolutions though, it might give me ideas. I had a 5th one but seeing that I put an industrial oven and everything necessary for childhood development in the library I built (like the walker, playpen and the dirty no more diaper changer) inside the library, I don't have any intention of making my game more challenging. Plus I gave my sims a spa with a super sleeper, massage table and well... everything from the set and I don't have the heart to remove it so I just made starting up easier for myself.
    That'll be my resolution for next year. I wish I could show pics but its okay, I'm glad I can still share.

I like your resolutions! :smiley:

I tend to do numbers, 1, 3 and 4 (though 4 is due to my stories, they are never run of the mill, always a bunch of drama and twists). Predictability is not something I like in game. I like most of the townies from SV, that is where I play most but if I move to Appaloosa or Moonlight Falls I tend to delete everyone. I like most of the townies in Bridgeport so everyone stays put there.
  • Options
    The Mushroom Cloud Chronicles (Reboot)

Frankenstein's Creations

Screenshot%2B%2528175%2529.jpgScreenshot%2B%2528176%2529.jpgScreenshot%2B%2528177%2529.jpg Captain Harmon Rabb Jr.:We knew for a fact that there was going to be a culling of the bunker group. We had estimated that Alpha and Bravo platoons were going to end up at seven individuals a piece including the platoon sergeant. There was no way our resources could hold out if we had everyone in the group of candidates remain. The rest would be apportioned off to other bunkers for manpower or if the candidate decided to drop on request, they could rejoin the rest of the civilian population in the city and take their chances.

Animal did something that I didn't think that he would. He promoted Jared Frio to Cadet Platoon Sergeant of Bravo Platoon. And evidently Jared Frio stepped up to the challenge of commanding a platoon, because whether through fear or intimidation, he managed to cow every swinging fifth wing of them into a sense of military bearing. And to think that all I thought he'd be capable of doing was being a mess cook. Animal was perceptive and he thought that Jared had some command potential - evidently Animal was right. The other Cadet Platoon Sergeant was River McIrish who had a much tougher task considering her group of candidates was twice the size of Cadet Sergeant Frio's but she took to it like a fish to water.
    Screenshot%2B%2528180%2529.jpgScreenshot%2B%2528181%2529.jpg It was with an air of pride that both new sergeants took to wearing their golden berets like badges of honor.
    Screenshot%2B%2528182%2529.jpg Of course Twyla Summers just would not take the position of attention and looked around...that drew Meg's ire...and she strode over to the cadet and planted herself square in Cadet Summer's face, calling over Cadet SGT McIrish over. "Come here, Sergeant...you have a cadet to correct."

"AYE MA'AM!!!" barked River and strode over to the Navy Captain.
    Screenshot%2B%2528183%2529.jpg All within audible hearshot, Meg's words cracked like a whip. "I want her in military bearing or she is to be made to drop on request (DOR), do you understand me, Sergeant. We have no time for a ne'er-do-well."
    Screenshot%2B%2528184%2529.jpg "Either you get with the program, or you take your chances with the Bomb. Do you understand me, Cadet Summers."
    Screenshot%2B%2528187%2529.jpg Meg's piercing blue eyes pinned Cadet Summer's head to the wall.

Then...it was SGT McIrish's turn. "You just planted yourself on my plum-list, Cadet. And I'm going to do every thing I can think of to make you Drop On Request. All you need to do to make life more comfortable for yourself is to DOR."
    Screenshot%2B%2528188%2529.jpg "That goes for EVERY SINGLE ONE of you."
    Screenshot%2B%2528190%2529.jpg And YOU...Cadet Summers, if you so much as step out of line one fraction of an inch...I'm going to pin your ears back and pop your eyes out of your skull!!!"
    Screenshot%2B%2528191%2529.jpgScreenshot%2B%2528192%2529.jpg I chose that moment to whisper to my friend, Meg, "Your apprentice learned well..." Meg was not amused.

Meanwhile Sergeant Psychopath...continued eyeballing Cadet Summers. "You're going to be begging me to DOR...why not save me the trouble? Cadet..."
    Screenshot%2B%2528193%2529.jpg "Surely the Bomb couldn't be worse than I am..."
    Screenshot%2B%2528194%2529.jpg "Ring the bell, Cadet, Ring THE BELL!!!" River tightened the gears on Cadet Summers

I commented out the side of my mouth, "Hey, Meg...She's ALIVE...it LIVES..." alluding to Frankenstein's monster, created when River received the Golden Beret. Meg still wasn't amused.
    Screenshot%2B%2528195%2529.jpg "You guys screw up just this much..." Cadet Sergeant Jared Frio roared at his cowed platoon. "You ain't going to last as long as Cadet Summers. Your fuzzy pink peaches will be grass...because I'll plant your plums!!!!"
    Screenshot%2B%2528196%2529.jpg Well...we had created two non-coms that were proving to be quite the quick learners with regards to making life miserable for recruits.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    @Nikkei_Simmer I seen Candy Ashdale in your lineup trying to be a potential recruit. :D:D I give up, the armed forces have hit an all time low.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    @Nikkei_Simmer I seen Candy Ashdale in your lineup trying to be a potential recruit. :D:D I give up, the armed forces have hit an all time low.

Don't worry, @CravenLestat, there's going to be a cull happening really soon. The recruits have to get down to six apiece in genders. Alpha Company has to choose six, as does Bravo Company. :D It's not going to be pretty. :D And actually the fire-red head is Autumn Cusack. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

@phoebebebe13 , I’m dealing with that crud too, it is only on my very old free Photobucket account so far, the one I was paying for hasn’t deleted everything quite yet. I really think they wouldn’t have alienated so many people if they would charge a fair amount, but holding pictures hostage for $399.00 per year is beyond greedy! I have free flickr now but would pay if it was less than $50.00 per year, that IMO is a fair price for most folks.

Luckily I had all my pictures on my computer and transferred them to flickr with no problems.

Allot of the photos in this forum no longer show because of photobucket . I'm not going to pay them just to make the photos show up in here. How many photos alone in this thread are now missing and replaced with a photbucket notice!!! $400 a year is crazy. I only had my sims pics on there anyway
  • Options
    T_MariT_Mari Posts: 75 Member
    @CravenLestat you sneaky devil you~ I've been figured out. I tested out a crystal ball mod today and the current family I'm tortu- playing with got cursed. xD
    All in time, so far most of my townies are mean snobs , time to make the crazy ones
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    @Nikkei_Simmer

Cadet Ashdale step forward and state your qualifications

"Well I baby sat triplets once,and taught finger painting classes Sir!!!"

:flushed:

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    @Nikkei_Simmer

Cadet Ashdale step forward and state your qualifications

"Well I baby sat triplets once,and taught finger painting classes Sir!!!"

:flushed:

"baby sat triplets once"

Hmmm, and didn't manage to throw them out with the bathwater, seems like you have the qualifications to be an NCO. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    @Namaya92 I was giggling when you went straight from pre-woohoo pictures, to Violet playing with baby-toys. LOL
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • Options
    @Nikkei_Simmer I bulldozed everything and kicked out all of the original sims, I only left the graveyard (cause I'm still making my 'blueprint' for an efficient graveyard and the beaches and fishing areas because I'm not that creative for outdoorsy stuff. But it was fun. I turned on of the residential lots on Landgrab lane (or whatever its called) and made it a school. So now it looks like this posh private school in front the mini park. and I place a basketball court in front with some benches to resemble bleachers. XD I went nuts with it. But i had to put it on no visitors allowed cause it's weird seeing older sims come there to play bball
  • Options
    @Charlottesmom I never play with my sims long enough to start an actual story because after the third generation, the world I play in is usually just filled with my cousins and uncles and half simblings from the secret affairs my sims may/ may not have. and if i go through the trouble of pairing sims up, the moment I leave them, townies go breaking up and dating npc and not having any kids so I'm stuck with a bunch of (is it alright to say losers?) sims that have mostly negative traits and i'm like. My sim kid is too good for them... my sims kid grew up on the multi tab and has a bright future... I can't let these others mooch off my sim.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @Namaya92 Jerry is a cheerful fellow! Sounds like he and Fay are blessed. Cute picture of Violet playing with the toys.

@Featherbelle I'm sorry you are having issues with the makeup. I have problems when I've pulled a sim I've used before and for some reason the game doesn't want to accept my changes to make her look different and will revert back. I've never had it happen with a new sim though. I usually end up having to put them in game and do a hard reset with MC advanced on the sim and try again. It usually works.
    Ciara and Troy sound like a cute couple. :)

@Nikkei_Simmer What a surprise that Jared was picked. Not surprised about River. That is a lot of people to handle even with autonomy off. Where is Conner, didn't see him in the line up!

@polrbear Hey!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top