Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wow. Dogs just never stop asking to be taken for a walk, do they?

Every day, all my Beagle does when I'm home is stand next to me and whine with the leash symbol over his head. We live in the Spice Market, and he knows how to go downstairs on his own, but he never stops whining about a walk! I think it's gonna be cats from now on...

Comments

• Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Maybe it depends on the traits? May dog want to go for a walk every other days which seems not to bad.
  • Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    I'm beginning to think it's a glitch; I thought maybe he was bored, so I played with him again and again, and the second I finish, the leash symbol pops right back up. I think I'm going to take the whole day off and walk him from morning til night and see if he still whines.
  • Options
    I guess when they want something, they want something. Took him for a five hour walk, and now two days have passed without any pestering about walks. If it continues to work like that, I'd consider that good programming.
  • Options
    PhoeSavsMom_83PhoeSavsMom_83 Posts: 20 Member
    lol. Yeah, whenever my dog ask for a walk I try and take her on a medium sized walk and she will wait a day or two before asking again.
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    My dog is active and has never begged for a walk, which is strange. However, she also whines to play fetch.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    It just occurred to me that MAYBE it has something to do with the apartment. Even though the dog knows how to go out on his own, he only seems to do so when he needs to go, or when my sim is already down below. So maybe it's about not being outside enough, and the game doesn't give him any reasons to just go out and play in the city.
  • Options
    CutePlayzTSCutePlayzTS Posts: 3 New Member
    My dog has never begged for a walk but maybe that's just down to me making one of my sims walk her before they go to work.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I've never had a dog beg for a walk that often from what I've observed. Maybe it does depend on the traits. Or maybe there's a hidden quirk that causes a dog to like walks a lot, but I've never heard anything about it
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    TMRCowgirlTMRCowgirl Posts: 1 New Member
    I adopted a dog on my game and she has "couch potato" as a trait. One day a leash bubble popped up, so I took her for a short walk and when we got back home she still had a leash bubble... but is now also whining. The game tells me she's scared and needs to calm down. Now all she does is follow me and whine and shake about the leash. Is she so lazy that the walk freaked her out?!
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    btw. walking also works manually, by having your sim leash their dog and then tell your sim to "walk here" somewhere outside away from the house and back and then unleash the dog again.
    as sometimes even the short walk option is too long for my sims, cause they need to sleep or go to work soon, I do that quite alot.
    Also making the dogs do their business during the walk is way easier that way, during the non manual walks my sims always start walking again before the dog could even start doing their business.

@TMRCowgirl no, that sounds more like a bug, have you tried walking her again?
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Maybe it's a hidden need/motive that needs to be filled and depletes over time? More walks for a particular trait? Such as a hidden active animal trait? I think this would all made sense.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    YumikatYumikat Posts: 24 Member
    It was hard trying to keep up with my husky pet. He wanted a walk every morning after eating, lunch time and dinner. Not sure if it affected him when he started getting sore paws or something but I would go through it all over again because he was so lovable.