Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best game pack?

Comments

• Options
    CatloCatlo Posts: 88 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires is the one more complete, the rest....just poor stuff.
    <3 My Wishlist : https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Catlo

My top 5 : http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16200302/#Comment_16200302

English isn't my first language, please don't judge me if you see spelling mistakes.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,456 Member
    So far I'm really enjoying spa day. But I have yet to play vampires and parenthood so I won't vote until I have played them all.
  • Options
    jimjam1009jimjam1009 Posts: 165 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires are my absolute favorite pack and I can’t wait for more supernaturals to come in gamepacks. I’m hoping for either witches or werewolves next
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Vampires
    Parenthood and Vampires are with out a doubt the best pack in sims 4
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Vampires
    This was a hard choice for me. But I had to go with Vampires over Dine Out, as others said the vampire is very customizable in personality and powers, and they are the best in The Sims series. But I also felt DO and the act of actually dining out was one of the better packs for TS4, and in some ways better than eating out at a restaurant in TS2 other than missing romantic table interactions TS2 has that TS4 doesn't. But conversation time, at table, was an improvement along with the menu options. But being a deviant player Vampires won out for me. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Vampires
    I seem to have accurately guessed the results of this. Interesting.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    RoseTheSimmer999RoseTheSimmer999 Posts: 3 New Member
    Parenthood
    I really wish they would make more free packs, I really do they get expensive and i'm not exactly allowed to get them on my own
  • Options
    RoseTheSimmer999RoseTheSimmer999 Posts: 3 New Member
    Parenthood
    also i only own the free packs
    and install alot of mods
  • Options
    lazyjuniperlazyjuniper Posts: 65 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires. The best and crucial game pack.

When TS4 was released I absolutely hated it from first minutes and decided to wait couple of years for EP similar to "Night Life"/"Late Night" for vampires of course and because city theme usualy goes early in The Sims series (...and supernatural EP at the very end). However with first EP release (Get together?) there were confirmation that life states wouldn't be included in every EP. So I threw away my plan and abandoned idea to ever play TS4. And then you know Vampires GP was released and toddlers at the same time. That's when I realy started to play TS4 and learn to love this game.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,837 Member
    Vampires
    The excitement for Vamps got me interested in playing TS4. Toddlers came out and I actually had fun for the first time playing TS4 (and I've never really cared for playing toddlers in the past - I still wanted them because something was missng without them though).

Vampires were so well done - it was the deciding factor in wanting to continue to play TS4. Yet again, I didn't play with Vamps much in the previous versions because in 2, they died too easily and in 3, they didn't die and they frigging sparkled. :s

I think Vampires is the best pack period, followed closely by Parenthood because these two packs include the gameplay I actually enjoy.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Vampires
    Not only is it my favorite game pack of The Sims 4, it is probably my favorite pack from the entire series. Darn near flawless.
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited December 2017
    Vampires
    Vampires is what really got me into TS4 in the first place, it's what got me to switch over from TS3, which I held quite tightly onto - it wins. No question.

I kind of made the dude in my avatar by accident, while I was supposed to take pictures of some CC I had just made. See, I wanted to try out the vampire customization while I was at it...And then I fell in love, and came up with a backstory for the guy. Oops.

They're easily the best vampires of the series; highly customizable in both looks and powers, and it opens up so many gameplay possibilities. The sun, by default, actually kills them if you're not careful, and they're actually immortal this time! Unlike in TS3. They kinda really sucked in TS3.
    This gamepack even came with its own appropriate neighbourhood; the only other gamepack that did this was Outdoor Retreat. And the build/buy stuff is really great too.

It might as well be the thing that got me hooked on vampires in the first place this year. It made me realize just how much I could do with them. It's been rather fun to mess around with!

Overall, it's a super solid gamepack, A+++

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited December 2017
    Dine out
    I like all of the GPs to some extent. I picked Dine Out but it's actually the combo of Dine Out and Spa Day that I use the most. I love sending my sims out to a restaurant or to relax at the spas in different ways. I have multiple different spas in different neighborhoods and many restaurants. I converted the Salty Paws Saloon from a bar into a restaurant (that still has the small bar). I probably have 7 or 8 restaurants in the world and I can send different sims to different places depending on their moods. I also customized all of the menus. My sims all have their own preferences as to where they like to go and what they like to eat. I also like how they can go into a restaurant or the spa and run into others from around town for more interactions. I guess I'm someone who likes to randomly send my sims out to different places to do different activities.

That said, I like Parenthood and it added a lot to my game. I can appreciate why others like vampires but supernatural play is definitely not my dominant style. I did add the vamps as part of a sale so they are in my game. I actually like that they don't break into my other sims' houses uninvited. I have occasionally had other sims interact with them, but I generally just have them there as strange, beautiful people who are a bit anachronistic. (No, not Twilight style, they all will bite and get aggressive if they want to). They are just mostly peripheral characters in my game but because they don't age in the normal way, their stories will occur over a longer stretch of time in my game. I play with them but they are very much secondary for me.

I like Outdoor Retreat but it's probably my least favorite because I'd like more to do and more varied vacation options. I do still send certain sims camping because it does suit some of their personalities. It's a honeymoon or dating getaway for outdoorsy or more casual couples. It's also good for families to bond together if they like the outdoors.

I look forward to seeing what else comes out.
    Post edited by ChampandGirlie on
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Vampires
    I like and enjoy playing all of those but Vampires is just so much better than anything ever done in any sims game, IMO. I can not wait to see what they do with other occults.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Parenthood
    For all this time I had parenthood I am still discovering new things about it almost every time I play. Just the other day I was playing my game when my sims brother gave him a call, a speech bubble of their dad showed up and later a playful buff appeared with the title "Juicy Family Gossip," or something along the lines of that. I thought that was so funny, my sims brother called basically to gossip about their dad.
  • Options
    TerezaSims85TerezaSims85 Posts: 114 Member
    Vampires
    > @Terra said:
    > Outdoor Retreat is my favourite because it has a huge impact on my main legacy storyline. However, I also use Spa Day all the time and LOVE designing restaurants. Haven't fully explored vampires and parenthood yet but I enjoy what I've seen of both of them so far.

Agree!
  • Options
    EmperorDittoEmperorDitto Posts: 128 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires since I love life states and worlds and it gives us both.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Vampires
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Not interested in vampires so I didn't get it.

I wish more people had your logic with regarding the vampire pack.

Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires because they are the best version of the life state I have seen. They have best cusomisation, the best CAS items (if not slightly limited) the best build/buy options and the most interesting leveklibng system I've seen in non RPG's, JRPG's and ARPG's. This pack has set the bar high for the other occult life-states.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    TerezaSims85TerezaSims85 Posts: 114 Member
    Vampires
    Cats and Dogs!!! Love that!
  • Options
    zoeh7zoeh7 Posts: 133 Member
    Parenthood
    Parenthood, no need to elaborate.
    Origin ID: Th3SimsFactory
    Please add me on Origin!
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited December 2017
    Vampires
    Vampires is honestly somewhere between a Game Pack and an Expansion. It almost surprises me that EA didn't try to sell it as an Expansion Pack.

Edit: Outdoor Retreat is just like Vacations for Sims 1... Utterly UTTERLY pointless and boring.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    futurevet201futurevet201 Posts: 59 Member
    Dine out
    Dine out def, I have so much fun with restaurants. All the rest of the packs I feel aren't at their full potential and they are missing a lot of crucial gameplay that they should include.
    I did a push-up today!
    Well, actually I fell down. But I had to use my arms to get back up so...you know, close enough.
    I need some chocolate.
  • Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    Parenthood
    I chose Parenthood. Vampires is a close runner up but I use Parenthood in ALL saves and Vampires in only a few. Besides it's very interesting to see for example an identical twin with the same traits are very different depending how they were raised.
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Dine out
    I chose Dine Out, but Spa Day is a close second.