Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you have origin installed on more than one computer

So I have my sims games installed on my desktop computer, but I was thinking about saving up to get another gaming laptop. My question is, can I have origin and my sims games installed on more than one computer, or would it just be a waste of money?
6JSxk49.png?1

Comments

• Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    edited December 2017
    @wolfkomoki1 Yes, you can. I have Origin installed on all my computers. But you can only play online on one computer at a time. If you're logged in on one computer and want to use the other one online, a message will pop up telling you that you're logged in on another computer. You will have the option to stay logged in on the other computer or to log out on the first one and then log in on the second.

ETA: I have The Sims installed on all my computers, too. There's no problem doing that. I usually play on my desktop, but it's nice using a laptop when I don't want to play at my desk.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited December 2017
    Hello
    You can have Origin and the game installed on more than one computer. You don’t need to repurchase the game and packs again.

Your sims 4 game is linked to your origin account. When you get your new computer, dowload and install Origin onto it. Then log into origin on your new computer using the same account that you used to register the game and packs on the old computer , then click on the Games Library section, click on the sims 4 picture, then download/install it there. Then click the extra content button that is half way down the page. That will take you to a screen that shows you what game packs, stuff packs and eps you own. You can then download/install them there.

Make a copy of your sims 4 folder on your old computer that is in Documents > Electronic Arts > ( then The Sims 4 folder is there ) and place it on an external drive.
    Then after installing the sims 4 game onto the new computer, play it once to generate a new sims 4 folder.
    In your sims 4 folder are your saves folder ( contains your save games) and the tray folder ( which contains your lots and households that you have uploaded to your library or have downloaded from the community gallery ) Replace the saves, tray, mods, custom music and screenshots folders that are in the new sims 4 folder with the same folders that are in the sims 4 folder on your external drive. You will then have your old save games and creations etc on your new computer.

You can’t though be playing the game online on both computers at the same time.
  • Options
    momoitomomoito Posts: 43 Member
    You can you just won't be able to play them at the same time on both devices.
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    momoito wrote: »
    You can you just won't be able to play them at the same time on both devices.

Actually, you can play sims from one account on more than one computer at a time, but only one computer can be online with Sims at a time.