Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to run Vet Office

My sim bought the vet hospital, but every time she goes there no one shows up with their pet. I have it set to allow customers, so what am I doing wrong?
InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

If the issues remain, try selling the vet clinic. Then have your sim buy it again, and see if that helps the issue.

If you still have issues, save the clinic to your library. Then place the vet clinic from your library on to a different lot and see if that helps the issue.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    happygurl wrote: »
    My sim bought the vet hospital, but every time she goes there no one shows up with their pet. I have it set to allow customers, so what am I doing wrong?

Strange question, but have you opened the vet clinic. Clicking on the Check-In panel and allowing customers won't open the clinic. Clinic must be opened from the business panel (cash register icon). There's a button with a door to open the clinic. You can't open the clinic if you don't have required objects (Look into the buildmode checklist under the house with i button. These with the word optional is not needed). Make sure you have a toilet, sink, place to throw the trash in, check-in podium and examination table.
  • Options
    happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    ^^Yeah, I forgot to open the clinic, lol. Feeling pretty dumb right now, but I haven't really messed around with businesses yet, so I was a bit unaware, lol. Thanks and Happy Holidays! :)
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Please don’t feel dumb. It is a very easy thing to not do. There are probably lots of other simmers that have also had the same issue /done the same thing.
    I hope that you enjoy having your sim working as a vet :)
  • Options
    momoitomomoito Posts: 43 Member
    I did the same thing, sat around for a whole sim day waiting for people to show up when I forgot to open the place ;)
  • Options
    purplesenpaipurplesenpai Posts: 14 New Member
    Hey, this might be a little off topic, but i had a question regarding some of the vet stuff. First, can i have a vets office on the same lot as my house? If not, can i put a sign in thingy on my lot and run like, a freelance clinic? I have 5 dogs and dont particularly want to be away from them with a real job
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Hey, this might be a little off topic, but i had a question regarding some of the vet stuff. First, can i have a vets office on the same lot as my house? If not, can i put a sign in thingy on my lot and run like, a freelance clinic? I have 5 dogs and dont particularly want to be away from them with a real job

You can't open an office on your home lot, but you can have your sim live at the vet's office. Just build your house/office on the vet's lot and stay there. You can pay bills from that lot, too.
  • Options
    purplesenpaipurplesenpai Posts: 14 New Member
    thats super helpful! thanks