Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why does moving a Sim have to be so completed

PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
I decided to play a Sim with an apartment. When space became limited I wanted to move but all I got was to move in with other Sims! Why does it show moving in with other Sims instead of apartments that are free. If non are available with my Sim funds why doesn't it say so! Ever since the Sims 2 I have found this to be difficult! The Sims 2 was so easy to move Sims around and edit the neighbourhood. They say less is more, come on let the game be easy to move Sims, It seems to have become so complicated
Post edited by PrincessrozeeS on

Comments

• Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Empty houses are highlighted green when you move your sim. Occupied, but available houses are highlighted yellow. And unavailable or too expensive houses are highlight red.
    Look for green outlined houses if you want your sim to move into an empty house.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
    edited December 2017
    TY, all well and good, but I didn't see those options available. In the Sims 2 our Sims would pack up their stuff and move, it seems so complicated now. I found this also with the Sims 3. Too many options, no simple way of doing things. I love how we have a lot of new things in the game but less is more. And my Sim had lots of money to move house. I always found this a problem with the Sims 3 putting a new created Sims into an empty lot that was in the funds, but it took leaving create a Sim and then reloading my Sim from the game. Would like to see the removal lorry again and Sims packing up and leaving to a new lot!

And then when I try it again and again suddenly options are available. I guess the gremlins have got into my game, wish I could say it was funny but to be honest I don't! Ha!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited December 2017
    Not that it matters in this section but you can move a sim in Sims 3 by simply using the phone. Only when you want to move your sim to an occupied lot you have to do it through edit town or by marrying.

(also I think you mean complicated instead of completed?)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2017
    I decided to play a Sim with an apartment. When space became limited I wanted to move but all I got was to move in with other Sims! Why does it show moving in with other Sims instead of apartments that are free. If non are available with my Sim funds why doesn't it say so! Ever since the Sims 2 I have found this to be difficult! The Sims 2 was so easy to move Sims around and edit the neighbourhood. They say less is more, come on let the game be easy to move Sims, It seems to have become so complicated

You have to click on 'start a new family' option under transfer Sims. It's easy to miss. ETA: If you mean money you won't know that until you have already put them in a bin, since they leave with less money, and sometimes more depending on how many are moving out with them.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    MHsimsFanMHsimsFan Posts: 154 Member
    If you move them into a New Family home then you may lose all their collections. I had this happen in a legacy awhile ago and I don't know if it's a bug that's been fixed. I think I moved one sim from a family of sims. To get around this, move the single sim in with another family (that you don't care about), then move them out from that home into a New Family lot.