Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A cat owning a house

I've found an unusual "family" in Willow Creek. It's a ginger and white cat called Cleveland. He owns Daisy Hovel and lives there, without any people Sims.

I'm going to cheat and add in some Sims to care for him. I feel bad that he has a home but no family.

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Whut? lol That's just weird. Is this a bug?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    @Cinebar, I'm not sure, lol. I can select his house to play as but it's not showing up in the Manage Households tab.

I moved a family called Baughman into Cleveland's house and merged the households. Now he has a family to take care of him :)

• Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Do you use MCCC? I've seen that happen before with MCCC when a sim or family was moved but the pet didn't get moved with them.
  • Options
    @JimG72, no I've never used that one before. I'm not sure if Cleveland ever belonged to anybody; he didn't have a surname when I checked him out with the CAS cheat.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2017
    That is very weird - as I thought the devs said we could not move just a pet into a house. Guess the AI has a mind of it's own. LOL. Is that a BB house by the way? I haven't moved any Sims there yet - so I need to find that house and move someone in to take care of the little guy.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    @Writin_Reg, Lol I know, I wonder how he managed to buy his own house? Sadly it was one of the houses in Willow Creek...I think it's Daisy Hovel.
  • Options
    I'll definitely check that out tonight when I go into my game later. Strays with money I guess. LOL. Thanks for the info Plushtrap.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    No problem :) I'll post if I have any other cats or dogs move into house on their own too!
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    in my old Disney-simselves save (I had to start it yet again) the cat lady moved in with @InfraGreen's and his dog sims and yet left the cats alone
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited December 2017
    @Writin_Reg, Lol I know, I wonder how he managed to buy his own house? Sadly it was one of the houses in Willow Creek...I think it's Daisy Hovel.

You use MC command center? Could be a bug related to move-ins. I suppose it could be EA's bug, too. Since there is some sort of system that is supposed to fill empty houses with sims.

Edit: I just saw where you said you don't use MCCC.
  • Options
    @MadameLee, ow, that's annoying!

@IceyJ, maybe I should report it in the bugs section. Though it may just have been a one-off.
  • Options
    ElleysimsElleysims Posts: 133 Member
    This reminds me of in Sims 3 Pets, there were these two dogs that lived alone. One older dog and one puppy. They come to my house everyday and take my dogs food which I was fine with. When I went to see them and realized they had no owners (and puppies couldn't even go up the stairs to get in the house) I moved in people for them.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    A cat with a house all to himself? sounds like a dream.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    MettsenMettsen Posts: 185 Member
    My partner built a castle in Newcrest and soon after it was finished apparently it was bought by a dog... no family, just the dog. I hope he is very happy in his castle. We both play without mods by the way.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    There is a couple of Sims living in that house in my game and they have no pets - yet anyway. So no pet owning houses in my game anyway. I do recall I shut off allowing the game to fill houses before I installed C & D. A few days before the pack came out I reset my game and moved out my long time saves to a back up drive, so mine was a brand new game in preparations of C & D coming out. Then the night they started allowing us to download the game (the 9th I believe) - I shut off allowing the game to fill empty houses - so I had a chance to check out all the new empty houses in BB. In fact the only world I have that has any pets of any kind is in BB so far. I don't even see strays anywhere but BB.

I also have not placed any vets clinic or pet parks in any other worlds. I did change out the vet clinic in BB for a nice user made one. The one in BB wasn't getting workers but the one I changed out to has three vets from what I can see.

But nope - not cats owning houses in my game.
    I also do not have any mods or CC - nor have I had any at all in Sims 4. Not sure if that matters though. But the game runs stellar and with no issues I can see.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    kellzakellza Posts: 197 Member
    Maybe the cat is a squatter :D
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    Haha that's awesome. And i thought it was weird when i had a cat in manage households by itself. (Not one that came with c&d)
  • Options
    Lol, if it is a bug, I kind of don';t want it to be fixed ;)
  • Options
    Hey maybe the pets are getting revenge for no doghouses.

It's like - "Hey Sims, no house for me. Fine I'll take yours then". LOL.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member

"Ok, Mr Cleveland - just sign on the X and we'll get you moved in today!"
    (Cat dips paw into ink and stamps it on the line)
    "Ok Mr Cleveland! Here's the keys to your new house!" :lol:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Same happened to me
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    @5782341b77vl, seems legit to me ;)

Here he is!

12_23_17_3_19_47_PM.png
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I know it's only a game, but I worry about who'll look after them. I moved Mayor Whiskers in with the Goths, he's happy there.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I know it's only a game, but I worry about who'll look after them. I moved Mayor Whiskers in with the Goths, he's happy there.

I know exactly what you mean. It's why i had to go load my game and make sure I have no pets living alone. LOL.

In dreams - I LIVE!