Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Those Currently Playing and Enjoying Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,916 Member
    edited December 2017
    Sims 1
    I've still got all the guidebooks from 1 to 3 versions in very heavy pile. I wish there could be a cumulated version for sims 4 to date. Website versions from 3rd parties are not the same and come with unwanted adverts.
    I don't care if I'm regarded as an outsider or not. It is my game and my opinion is as good as anyone else's. :)
  • Options
    MadIrisMadIris Posts: 596 Member
    edited December 2017
    Another one who started with 4 here. It was a purchase driven by sheer curiosity... and the fact that it was on sale!

Even though I don't play it much anymore I'm still glad I took the plunge because it led me to Sims 2 and 3.
  • Options
    irishluck1986irishluck1986 Posts: 309 Member
    Sims 3
    sims 3. I liked all the packs. However I did enjoy the sims 2 also.
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    Sims 1
    I started with sims 1 I was introduced to it by an old school friend and I have been hooked ever since. I started off my collection from pc to console and even one on the DS.
    I love the uniqueness of each game as well as the similarities, even though sims 3 is a little sluggish it’s my favourite because of the open world and CASt. At the same time I love sims 2 because of the little stories I could create and the little things like opening a dishwasher, recipes and the cut scenes like proposing etc. Sims 1 will always be great because it was the first. And as Sims 4 is growing I’m liking it more and more and starting to really enjoy it.
    I really enjoy the console versions mainly 1 and 2 busting out Urbz and castaway because of the challenges inside the game. I loved having to try and get to Malcolm’s mansion, (busting out I actually achieved it the others I gave up and started again) and I loved the jobs in Urbz the higher the levels the quicker the symbols moved also I loved the variety of options in Urbz in cas like tattoos and piercings and styles.
    I loved the story line of castaway something I would like them to remaster I loved having to build houses out of the palm trees and finding flowers to add colour to clothing oh and I can’t forget befriending monkeys.
    Sims 3 console at the time was more like pc version as could be so it was ok. The pets version I enjoyed the adventure part of the game then ended it there. I currently haven’t tried sims 4 on console as I been playing a family on pc so can’t comment.
    So yeah I’m a sims addict and have been since I first played The sims.
  • Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    Sims 1
    Started with TS1 but I was still so young back then that I hardly ever actually played because I was so scared of the Grim Reaper lol. Still vividly remember TS1 CAS... where you could choose from some faces but had no customization available. I bought the Makin' Magic expansion at some point, and wow, was that cool.Then came TS2 and I'd only ever create one Sim called Angelique First Kiss, so my worlds were all filled with Angelique First Kiss clones. :lol: Again, I was young. As I got older I got more and more into TS2 and started using the family photo albums for storytelling... I never felt any need to abandon my TS2 when TS3 came out so I skipped on that one. My sister bought TS4 way back in 2014 and I tried to play, but I couldn't get into it. I only really started playing TS4 this year... so ultimately, I played TS2 for more than a decade. But I haven't played that game in months, and though I admit that I do really miss TS2 and it will always be my favorite, I don't think I could ever go back to it now that I've been spoiled with TS4. From my experience, TS4 can take some - or in my case a lot - of time to get used to, but once you've finally created that one household you love it becomes so much easier to get into the game and actually enjoy it!
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Sims 1
    I started with Sims 1 after my kids discovered it. Sims 4 is my favourite in the series. I love its art style, I love its attention to sound detail, I love that I can play the same Sims and my game just grows with time, I love its mix of whimsy and soap-opera-like emotion. I have times when I play less then I come back to it and it's instantly engaging again. It isn't perfect (pleeeeease fix the black-pets-from-the-Gallery bug!), but hey, what is? I can't think of anything. But I love it. I'm sure I'll love it even more when it gets weather and farm animals and active school for kids and teens HINT HINT ;)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Sims 3
    I started with Sims 1 after my kids discovered it. Sims 4 is my favourite in the series. I love its art style, I love its attention to sound detail, I love that I can play the same Sims and my game just grows with time, I love its mix of whimsy and soap-opera-like emotion. I have times when I play less then I come back to it and it's instantly engaging again. It isn't perfect (pleeeeease fix the black-pets-from-the-Gallery bug!), but hey, what is? I can't think of anything. But I love it. I'm sure I'll love it even more when it gets weather and farm animals and active school for kids and teens HINT HINT ;)

sims 4 my favorite to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    Sims 1
    Though I started with Sims 1 it was not until Sims 2 that I played it on my own computer. I loved the Sims 2 and was slightly disappointed that Sims 3 no longer had the cinematics, but it was great with the open world concept. I sort of wish Sims 4 had done that at first, but it is keeping me for other reasons. I am a true simmer it seems :lol:
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    Sims 1
    I started with Sims 1 for consoles, then heard about PC versions.
    <3 the PC versions, but still won't give up the other ones. :D

I ended up getting all they had - for all 4 versions of Sims, along with most of the GC, Wii, and DS versions of Sims games.
    IMO, each one has bits and pieces I love, and I remember having so much fun with my kids, playing multiplayer, ages ago, on the console version.
    My best gaming memories were games played with my family over the years. Sadly, now that they are all in their early 20's, it is rare for them to play with me, and when they do, it's just a PC game, and no longer Sims. I am alone in my Sims fascination, lol...
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Sims 2
    Which version of the game did you start with?

How do you make polls?
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Sims 2
    Sims 2 :)
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    Sims 1
    I started with the first Sim City, and have every sim game since, love them all for their own uniqueness.
  • Options
    vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Sims 1
    Sims 1 and I'm sad that Windows updates have prevented me from playing the original game even though I own the original with all expansions and still have the CD's for all :(!
  • Options
    BecaPeraBecaPera Posts: 18 Member
    Sims 2
    Sims 2 :')
  • Options
    aujinehaujineh Posts: 454 Member
    Sims 1
    Sims 1 helped me keep my sanity way back when I had two babies to care for - since then sims has always been my getaway. And I own 1, 2, 3 and 4. I even bought the sims1 complete collection as a souvenir since I will never really play it again. That's why I tend not to complain about the game when it first comes out since I know it is a work in progress and it has certainly come a long way.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,053 Member
    Sims 1
    Which version of the game did you start with?

How do you make polls?

@catmando830 we can't make polls in GD yet. This thread was started in feedback.
  • Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    edited December 2017
    Sims 1
    Have been playing Sims since day one. Have been in love with The Sims since then. It has taken me through some very rough patches in my life.

Also, I've enjoyed every iteration of the Sims. They have all had their advantages and disadvantages. I understand why some people are disappointed with certain ones, but for me - they are all special in their own way.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Sims 1
    We had TS1 and TS1: House Party when I was little. I used to play it with my brothers and by myself all the time before I discovered TS2, and the addiction continued from there to where I am now with TS4.
  • Options
    DeandylanDeandylan Posts: 496 Member
    Sims 1
    I started playing the sims 1.( It was someone else's game so I didn't get to play it until I visited them :# )I played the sims 2 around the time sims 3 was coming out so I was able to get a lot of eps on discount! I was kind of sad when 3 came out because I was enjoying 2. But then I ended buying almost everything that came out with 3 and enjoyed every bit of it. As for 4. I like it. It has it's flaws but I can't complain about everything, seeing how I haven't ran into a ep or sp that I refuse to buy ( I was not down with kpst and refused to buy that mess.) I'm just finding myself stuck doing the same stuff over and over.( I think it's the way that I'm playing it.)
  • Options
    LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    Sims 1
    I started with TS1, but I think I got it after TS2 came out, or just before it came out. A family friend showed it to me when I was visiting her house. Watching her play made me hooked! I had Unleashed and Makin' Magic, but from what little I can remember, I mostly built houses. I LOVED building stuff, even though my creations just ended up being big boxes with furniture in them.

I spent so much time TS2 when I finally got it, but then I put it away for a few years until I got a personal laptop. In 2015, I got TS3. It ran super laggy on my computer, but I still had a lot of fun (made sure to save my game often in case it crashed on me).

I got TS4 this past Summer. I've had a blast with it. I've been much more social with other players (through the forums and tumblr), an experience I've never had online before. :)
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    edited December 2017
    Sims 1

Sims 1
    I started playing Sims 1 since the beginning. I don't remember how I started playing. But I've been hooked on the Sims ever since it came out! I love this game so much!
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    Sims 1
    Starting when the first Sims 1 came out, every generation, every pack, tons of store bought stuff, I've spent probably thousands on this game franchise and I've enjoyed every minute!
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    Sims 1
    So far I'm the only one who started with the sims 4 :(. I feel like I don't belong here since I haven't been playing as long as everyone else.

Oh of course you belong here! I'm sure A LOT of people started with Sims 4!
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    edited December 2017
    Sims 1
    GARYZGAL wrote: »
    So far I'm the only one who started with the sims 4 :(. I feel like I don't belong here since I haven't been playing as long as everyone else.

Oh of course you belong here! I'm sure A LOT of people started with Sims 4!

For sure! I think we just see more "older" players here because it's a web forum. I would think a lot of younger players starting with Sims 4 just aren't using forums. But we like you anyway :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Sims 1
    Actual I started even before that with sim city.
    Laugh out loud. Often