Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My co-vets are not treating patients...

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    edited November 2017
    I have this issue with careers from GTW series.

However with the vet, only on the 1st day my co-vet was doing nothing but standing around. Subsequent days (with plenty of training and promoting) she started to help pick up pets. At times she beat me to greeting the patients.

I only have 2 helper in my vet clinic. Only 1 of them is in-charge of treating. The other is in-charge of cleaning.

I also got 4 robot cleaners for the clinic to help clean up the puke from the sick pets.

So far the vet career and clinic seems to be working fine for me.

Robot cleaners? Where do you get those?

@Springfairy556 Misc electronics, I think. Took me forever to find them.
  • Options
    ceja wrote: »
    My hired vets would kill at least one pet a shift >.> I do believe the speed they take a pet for care has something to do with their vet skill level. I know as mine leveled up they took care of pets faster. I thought my family could just do it but running 3 members to figure out what's wrong at once was just annoying to me. Also for a good way to initially level the vets up have them make treats. I wish they would make them until you told them to stop but sadly its not that way.

@ceja Pets can only die from old age so what do you mean by kill?
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    Rae357 wrote: »
    I hired Miko, I think her name was, and she greatly enjoys standing around singing instead of doing her job. She has a vet lv 4.

That's who I have.I really hate the singing its annoying ROTFL

I'm thinking about firing her just for that, despite all the work I've put into her.

Miko Ojo? Pink hairs and all? Like, lol, should we trade names of who gets the job done or not? Zoe Patel does, and that Delgato woman (don't care about her name) too.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited November 2017
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Have you given them TRAINING? Or a raise to inspire them. Click on them and see what your options are.

I did, I trained them and I clicked "Treat patients" under the responsiblities.They've been promoted already. Still won't do anything

Also, another issue my sim's dog keeps canceling my sim's actions.I tell my sim to cook dinner, and while she's cooking, the dog runs up to her, she stops the action completely and kind of does a little dance with the dog.Its very annoying.(was kind of afraid of this when i read we couldn't coontrol the dogs and cats)

By default, as soon as you hire an employee their responsibilities are set to tend to patients and clean up. You don’t have to go in and press anything. So if you go into the responsibilities menu, you should actually see DON’T tend to patients and DON’T clean up. While in this menu, if you click on tend to patients or click on clean up, it will actually disable them.

It does look confusing but if it says DON’T then that means it’s working and that’s what they WILL do.

Also, even without training, my employees would tend to the patients. The trouble I had was they weren’t actually treating them properly. They would just go through the examinations. It wasn’t until I gave all of my employees basic training that they were able to successfully treat the patient and I could get paid.
  • Options
    BetterAngelsBetterAngels Posts: 50 Member
    edited November 2017
    Dijktafone wrote: »
    Miko Ojo? Pink hairs and all? Like, lol, should we trade names of who gets the job done or not? Zoe Patel does, and that Delgato woman (don't care about her name) too.

Wait, you might be on to something here! I have Supriya Delgato hired and although she gets caught up playing with the clients, when she's working she works really efficiently.
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    edited November 2017

Wait, you might be on to something here! I have Supriya Delgato hired and although she gets caught up playing with the clients, when she's working she works really efficiently.

So, like lol, do we have a hidden "vet slacker" trait? That'd be something else!
  • Options
    BetterAngelsBetterAngels Posts: 50 Member

So, like lol, do we have a hidden "vet slacker" trait? That'd be something else!

I'd rather that than the game being broken haha then we could just make a master list of lazy butt workers and be done with it.
  • Options
    cejaceja Posts: 33 Member
    >
    > @ceja Pets can only die from old age so what do you mean by kill?

Well my vets would be treating an adult pet (not an elder) and the grim reaper would show up and do his thing leaving an urn behind. I assumed the death was from the low level vets not doing their job right.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,087 Member
    Is anyone else missing the "Private Dwelling" lot trait?
  • Options
    I hired Miko, I think her name was, and she greatly enjoys standing around singing instead of doing her job. She has a vet lv 4.

That's who I have.I really hate the singing its annoying ROTFL

I'm thinking about firing her just for that, despite all the work I've put into her.

I've got Delgato as well, probably everyone does because of her high vet skill. Also Marcus Flex, I've not got any complaints about him, he's fairly new.
  • Options
    ceja wrote: »

>
    > @ceja Pets can only die from old age so what do you mean by kill?

Well my vets would be treating an adult pet (not an elder) and the grim reaper would show up and do his thing leaving an urn behind. I assumed the death was from the low level vets not doing their job right.

That's both crazy and amazing. I'm thinking must be a glitch, they were rather adamant that only old age can kill pets. While possibly horrific and tragic pets being able to die during a vet visit would be awesome story-wise.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,087 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Have you given them TRAINING? Or a raise to inspire them. Click on them and see what your options are.

I did, I trained them and I clicked "Treat patients" under the responsiblities.They've been promoted already. Still won't do anything

Also, another issue my sim's dog keeps canceling my sim's actions.I tell my sim to cook dinner, and while she's cooking, the dog runs up to her, she stops the action completely and kind of does a little dance with the dog.Its very annoying.(was kind of afraid of this when i read we couldn't coontrol the dogs and cats)

By default, as soon as you hire an employee their responsibilities are set to tend to patients and clean up. You don’t have to go in and press anything. So if you go into the responsibilities menu, you should actually see DON’T tend to patients and DON’T clean up. While in this menu, if you click on tend to patients or click on clean up, it will actually disable them.

It does look confusing but if it says DON’T then that means it’s working and that’s what they WILL do.

Also, even without training, my employees would tend to the patients. The trouble I had was they weren’t actually treating them properly. They would just go through the examinations. It wasn’t until I gave all of my employees basic training that they were able to successfully treat the patient and I could get paid.

That might be my issue then, I was trying to set it so 1 cleans and 1 tends.So if it says "Don't clean" They will clean?
  • Options
    srcharshasrcharsha Posts: 13 New Member
    [quote="Springfairy556;c-16163010"][quote="Chazzzy;c-16161934"][quote="Springfairy556;c-16158803"][quote="Dannydanbo;c-16158796"]Have you given them TRAINING? Or a raise to inspire them. Click on them and see what your options are.[/quote]

I did, I trained them and [b]I clicked "Treat patients" under the responsiblities.[/b]They've been promoted already. Still won't do anything

Also, another issue my sim's dog keeps canceling my sim's actions.I tell my sim to cook dinner, and while she's cooking, the dog runs up to her, she stops the action completely and kind of does a little dance with the dog.Its very annoying.(was kind of afraid of this when i read we couldn't coontrol the dogs and cats)[/quote]

By default, as soon as you hire an employee their responsibilities are set to tend to patients and clean up. You don’t have to go in and press anything. So if you go into the responsibilities menu, you should actually see [b]DON’T[/b] tend to patients and [b]DON’T[/b] clean up. While in this menu, if you [i]click[/i] on tend to patients or [i]click[/i] on clean up, it will actually [i]disable[/i] them.

It does look confusing but if it says [b]DON’T[/b] then that means it’s working and that’s what they [b]WILL[/b] do.

Also, even without training, my employees would tend to the patients. The trouble I had was they weren’t actually treating them properly. They would just go through the examinations. It wasn’t until I gave all of my employees basic training that they were able to successfully treat the patient and I could get paid. [/quote]

That might be my issue then, I was trying to set it so 1 cleans and 1 tends.So if it says "Don't clean" They will clean?[/quote]

Yes. It seems weird but think of it like this. When you go to responsibilities your sim is telling them what to do. So they're telling them at that moment not to clean or to clean.
  • Options
    Felicia_QueensFelicia_Queens Posts: 69 Member
    edited December 2017
    My hired vet hates her job and says my sim is a terrible boss...I demoted and criticized her cause she was doing NOTHING despite extensive training AND BREAKS. And MY sim is the problem.... Oh, yeah, the robot vacuums are a MUST. Plus cats sometimes ride on them!
  • Options
    tinkerbell3552tinkerbell3552 Posts: 104 Member
    I think it might be random, at least that's the case with me. A couple of sims I hired would not work. They treated maybe one patient and then stood around, even if I removed the music and anything else distracting. I was getting so frustrated. But I hired one sim who seems to be actually working, even though nothing has changed to my knowledge. I'm just trying to get at least 2 vets trained all the way so I can have them work without my sim being there.
  • Options
    MizzTuraMizzTura Posts: 47 Member
    That happens to me too and it drives me mad, I normally try and have just my sim work as a vet but when it gets to 3 1/2 stars + I can't manage alone, and I've also found the NPCs I hire, they'll work for like three days, get training and become unsatisfied so I promoted them once, still unsatisfied, promoted them another three times, still unsatisfied. Soooo I fired him XD