Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Landon Legacy - 1.18 - Bridal Obligations [Updated 11.27.17]

12345679...Next

Comments

• Options
    winterbaby20winterbaby20 Posts: 2,413 Member
    welcome back! I too finally got my new gaming laptop.
  • Options
    WralaiWralai Posts: 477 Member
    Hey! Nice to see you back! Jason is the cutest thing <3
    170424-CeYy_jT-qip.jpg[IMG][/img]
    Click on the image above to be sent to my legacy, The Galvez Legacy!
  • Options
    ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    I MISSED YOU!

<3 The feeling is mutual!
    Cement wrote: »
    Yaaay, welcome back <3

Thank you!

4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • Options
    welcome back! I too finally got my new gaming laptop.

Thank you and that is awesome! I hope it runs everything perfectly for you!

Wralai wrote: »
    Hey! Nice to see you back! Jason is the cutest thing <3

Thank you! No Jason in the next chapter but he'll be around. ^_^
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    Chapter Seventeen: Pride

11-04-17_1-10-06c2a0pm.png?w=656

It only took one whiff of the sugary air to know that Christina was upset over something and that something was probably me. I steeled my nerves, willing the little voice in the back of my head to be quiet. My doubt was already a rolling boil and I didn’t need it stoking the flames.

“Willow?”

There was no turning back now, “Hi.” I gave Christina a small wave, easing out of the foyer I had been lurking in.

11-04-17_1-07-43c2a0pm.png?w=656

“Hi.” Christina echoed. She looked as awkward as I felt, which was a strange sensation given that we had done everything together before we even had a choice in the matter. Heck, she had first-hand experience with me wetting the bed and I had been the keeper of the pads in high school.

“What are you doing?” The question was rhetorical; I knew she was in the middle of a baking spree, but I needed to fill the air with something other than tension.

“I’m making cupcakes for Lauren’s baby shower.”

11-04-17_1-15-25c2a0pm.png?w=656

“Cheerleader Lauren?” I asked, linking my hands behind my back.

“That’s the one.” Her usual country lilt fell monotone.

I pressed on, hands fidgeting, “Remember when she used to insist she would never have children? Said she’d rather die than have stretch marks.” I laughed at the memory.

Christina’s porcelain face remained stoic, mechanically mixing batter with a wooden spoon, “Yeah, it looks like you aren’t the only one who has changed since high school.”

11-04-17_1-45-16c2a0pm.png?w=656

Her words stung and my tongue dried out, the apology I owed her shriveling before it had been properly conceived. I had always been stubborn; always loathed admitting when I was wrong. It was the reason I excelled in most things in life: if I was the smartest, most determined person in the room then I didn’t have to worry about being corrected or outdone. I had always thought it an asset. Now? Now, I wished I could just admit I was wrong – even if I still wasn’t convinced I was at fault – because pride wasn’t worth 22 years of friendship.

“Christina,” I mumbled, pausing as she turned to face me, “I’m sorry.”

Seconds strung along, turning in minutes, or what felt like it.

Then, suddenly, Christina burst into laughter, “You look like you’re in physical pain.”

11-04-17_2-59-50c2a0pm.png?w=656

“That’s not funny, jerk.” I picked up the nearest object, which happened to be a rag, and threw it at her face. The cloth hit her cheek but only amplified her laughter. It was so loud and boisterous tears were beginning to spill down her cheeks; snorts punctuating her deep inhales as she attempted to compose herself.

“This is the last time I ever apologize to you, ya hear me?” I huffed, crossing my arms in an attempt to regain some dignity.

She wiped at the corner of her eyes, nodding, “I’m sorry. I know how much you hate apologizing. You just really looked like you just stubbed your toe or something.”

11-04-17_3-47-23c2a0pm.png?w=656

Hard as I tried, I couldn’t be angry. Not at her. More than anything I was relieved that Christina seemed as ready to forgive me as I was to forget the whole ordeal, “Am I still your Maid of Honor or did Lauren steal that from me?”

“I’ll reinstate you on one condition,” Her smile faded, “Don’t make me chose between you and Christopher. I can’t take sides, Willow. I love you both too much. I won’t lose either of you because the two of you want to make eyes at each other.”

“Is that what you were mad about? You thought I’d try to pit you against your own brother?” I asked.

Christina nodded.

“I wouldn’t do that to you.”

11-04-17_3-48-31c2a0pm.png?w=656

“‘Topher said the same thing but then I freaked because you and Jay disappeared together and all I could think about was what would happen if you cheated on him or if he cheated on you or if you guys ended up hating each other and I just….” Her words ran together, the mere thought bringing anxiety to the surface, “I just got you back.”

My chest tightened. I had been waiting for Christina to bring up the past 3 years since I returned. I had expected anger, maybe even rage. Instead, Christina’s eyes welled with tears and my own followed suit. She pulled me into a hug and squeezed as hard as she could.

11-04-17_3-55-43c2a0pm.png?w=656

“I’m sorry.” I apologized for the second time that night. Only, this time I actually meant it.
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    Glad they made up! :)
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    So glad you're back! And I'm also so glad Willow and Christina talked it out... Communication at last! :tongue:

I'm really excited to see what will happen next.
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Glad they made up! :)

They are too!

Thanks for reading!
    So glad you're back! And I'm also so glad Willow and Christina talked it out... Communication at last! :tongue:

I'm really excited to see what will happen next.

Communication in a legacy? Wut.

<3
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    Yay, you're back! I loved seeing Willow in my reader again. Warmed my heart. <3:3
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Yay, you're back! I loved seeing Willow in my reader again. Warmed my heart. <3:3

Thank you! And awh! Your comment warmed my heart. <3
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    thejenniferthejennifer Posts: 724 Member
    I'm so so so so soooooo happy this is back! I missed these cuties and I'm looking forward to (hopefully) seeing Willowpher and where things go between them. I might just reread the chapters today since it's been a while! Glad you're back, love. <3
  • Options
    I'm so so so so soooooo happy this is back! I missed these cuties and I'm looking forward to (hopefully) seeing Willowpher and where things go between them. I might just reread the chapters today since it's been a while! Glad you're back, love. <3

^_^ Willopher is in motion right now, dating and working on things. I already told you this like five times but I missed you too <3
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Chapter Eighteen: Bridal Obligations

gSpEfrE.png

Christopher looked dashing in his suit, and I can't help but smile. Between my Maid of Honor duties and Christopher being a groomsman for Aiden, our busy lives had turned into controlled chaos. Our time together was scarce, often occurring among the fields of my parent’s farm, sneaking in lunch amongst the rows of strawberries.

I5DDGgN.png
    WDTmHtk.png
    14pgVaZ.png

Christina came in, looking unsure of herself in a cotton gown. Her gaze rested on her mother, looking for approval before she scanned the room for her bridal party’s reactions. The dress was beautiful but I knew my best friend. She had been planning her wedding since we could talk and this dress did not match her vision.

xHU5CEQ.png
    TvwiGHq.png
    FzmXkkz.png

Lauren, who did not look pregnant despite my knowledge that she was, voiced my thoughts, “You look great but I don’t think it’s right.”

Cj28cQ1.png

Fiona nodded her agreement. She was older than us by two years, but I knew her from youth group. She had been quiet and modest back then. It didn’t appear she had changed.

wQyFNv2.png

Christina showed off more dresses, spinning and inspecting each with a careful eye. We ‘ooh’ and ‘awed’ and lent a patient ear to all of her criticism and acknowledgments, but more often than not Samantha had the final word; thwarting them for showing too much skin or hugging Christina’s curves too tightly.

snZ6jK8.png
    O8ac0DX.png
    7OD53dp.png
    Our time was almost up when Christina entered, eyes bright. She twirled in front of the mirror without prompting, the full skirt of her ball gown twirling around her. The bodice accentuated her large chest and small waist with lace sleeves providing the perfect balance of elegance and modesty. Her face fell when she caught her mother’s gaze.

EQIOopH.png
    BwP5Cnq.png
    jPZTbqc.png
    PP4LZnO.png

“Honey, why don’t we try on another,” Samantha suggested.
    “It’s perfect, Mama.”

“You don’t think it shows off too much… cleavage?”

My heart ached for Christina. The gown she donned marked every check she had ever given me, not to mention she looked gorgeous in it. Christina looked at us for backup but Lauren and Fiona wouldn’t meet her eyes.

“I think she looks beautiful.” I chose my words carefully, fully aware that this was both my best friend's and boyfriend’s mother. As much as I wanted Christina to have her dream wedding dress, I did not want to be in Mrs. Levitt’s bad graces either.

u3TqyXr.png

“I’m not sure it’s appropriate to show so much skin while making a commitment to Jesus,” Samantha said.
    Christina’s face flushed, “You’re right, Mama.” She left the room in a hurry, the tension in her shoulders revealing her heartbreak.

My phone vibrated on our way out. Jay’s nickname lit up the screen. I ignored the call, knowing he would text me if it was important. On cue, my phone vibrated again.

4pYZOfH.png
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    Yikes.
    Not a fine of Christina’s mother... her daughter is an adult now! She shouldn’t have to wear a turtleneck 24/7...
    It’s alright to be a little conservative, but it just seemed like nothing would please her :/
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Yikes.
    Not a fine of Christina’s mother... her daughter is an adult now! She shouldn’t have to wear a turtleneck 24/7...
    It’s alright to be a little conservative, but it just seemed like nothing would please her :/

Samantha would love it if Christina wore a turtleneck to her wedding and every single other day as well. I am half tempted to see if I can find a CC turtleneck wedding gown now.

<3 Thanks for reading
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    thejenniferthejennifer Posts: 724 Member
    Will and Topher are such cuuuuuuties. His selfie was adorable. I can't wait to see Aiden and Tina's wedding!! Seriously, I'm so happy! Also I remember finding a bunch of wedding dresses before that were MM so I'll try to find them again for you if you want. I really liked the one that Tina's mom hated though. Poor Tina.
  • Options
    Will and Topher are such cuuuuuuties. His selfie was adorable. I can't wait to see Aiden and Tina's wedding!! Seriously, I'm so happy! Also I remember finding a bunch of wedding dresses before that were MM so I'll try to find them again for you if you want. I really liked the one that Tina's mom hated though. Poor Tina.

Yes, ship them girl ^_^ You know I am moving to mostly MM as soon as this arc is over so I need all the MM CC. <3
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    Okay guys, I know I just got back but I am about to get really busy over the next month. Christmas was hectic which is why I haven't really been around this month. And January is my birthday & my mother's birthday, plus my boyfriend's mother bought us tickets to see her in Texas... so I'll be going there for a week and my best friend bought us a trip to New York for a week in mid-February (I've never been)!

I am going to try my hardest to update about every two weeks but no promises! I love all of you and appreciate the continued support despite my sporadic updates.
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    CrystalSim459CrystalSim459 Posts: 21 Member
    I love it!
  • Options
    shogunfishshogunfish Posts: 10,167 Member
    I finally had time to read all of the chapters and I LOVE this story! ^__^
    tumblr_mvnzkbN6yD1ric1guo1_1280.png