Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not sure how business revenue is figured

Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
edited November 2017 in The Sims 2
So today my sim opened up her bakery as usual. She sold 6 items. The revenue from those items was reported at $585 which is about right. The store thing reports expenses of $26. The didn’t have any expenses. No employees, didn’t bake anything. Didn’t order groceries.

So looking closely at the cash flow tab, it can’t possibly right. Another day, she showed sales of 7k. I didn’t get a cash bonus and there aren’t that many items to sell.

I can’t figure out how it’s being figured.

Comments

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,940 Member
    Using buy and build mode also affects it.
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    If it's a home business, ALL purchases and deletions on the lot will affect the revenue, even when the business is closed. Various things like planting seeds, crafting items, etc cost money. Money earned by sims in careers, networking rewards, and chance cards will be counted in the total.

If it's not a home business, any money deducted from or earned by the business owner while they are on the lot will count - certain money hacks will show up in the revenue, as will anything deleted from the owner's inventory, or that of controllable household members on the lot.

Lastly, a business "session" is from your sim's arrival on the lot until midnight when playing on community lots. If you restocked after midnight, your "profits" will be in the negative.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Your owner also gets paid around $25+. When you get a review a popup will happen for you to adjust that if overpaid or underpaid. This was not in the original OFB, but added later in a later EP..which I hate my owners also being paid and disliked very much they changed it to pay owners.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.