Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the point of having robot vacuum cleaners if...

...they don't actually clean anything?! Seriously! My vet clinic is a mess and one of my vets constantly has to stop treating animals so he can mop up puddles of puke. Who thought that adding roombas just so cats could ride on them was a good idea?

bME1BF1.png

Comments

• Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    That is a lot of puke :open_mouth:

Yeah my vacuum only cleans the odd thing up. Its only fun if you have a cat that likes to ride it.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    With that much of a mess you need more than one. In the pre-made vet clinic in BB I have upwards of 5 or more and they do the job but only if I turn them all on at the same time.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Is that dogs name Linda Blair, by chance? (Exorcist reference)
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited November 2017
    Not a single vacuum cleaner has cleaned a single Thing in my game. They are just there for the cat. I didn't even know that they were functional (beyond the Routing).

So yeah, it seems to be Buggy (or a conflict with my mods).
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    @Yelleb Have you upgraded them? There are a number of upgrades for both the vacuum and the docking station.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    and you have to click the docking station and set it to autoclean, then pick how often it cleans (at first you only get something like every 24 and every 12 hours. with upgrades, can go for every 6 or every 3. but if you don't have the incinerator upgrade, be careful of every 3 because they fill up fast, even if it looks like there's nothing to clean up)

but yes, they *do* just sit there if you never clicked on them to see how things work. they're first set to manual clean (only cleaning when you tell them to)
  • Options
    MettsenMettsen Posts: 185 Member
    I had my roomba clean up a hairball the other day, so I think it is possible for them to clean up messes.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    They do clean, but until you upgrade you have to click on them and select "start cleaning routine" for them to clean. After you upgrade it a time or two then it will become automatic.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    as other stated you have to upgrade the vacuum. If you have mods or cc many broke the game so check that issue too
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    They will clean up hairballs around the house, but I only have one cat in the house and it's not upgraded at this time.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I have seven fully upgraded roombas set to auto-clean every three hours. It seems to do the trick, though I have to start a few so they're on a staggered schedule.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I noticed they don't clean a lot too but interesting about upgrading them helps. Do they clean toddler messes too when upgraded?
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I noticed they don't clean a lot too but interesting about upgrading them helps. Do they clean toddler messes too when upgraded?

Yup! toddler/kid messes, puddles, vomit, etc. Depending on how many floors your lot has, i'd recommend at least 2 fully upgraded robots on each floor. So 3 story house/vet clinic= 6 roombas on the lot <3 (unless the top/bottom floor is really small. then maybe you could use one small one).
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    YellebYelleb Posts: 156 Member
    They do clean, but until you upgrade you have to click on them and select "start cleaning routine" for them to clean. After you upgrade it a time or two then it will become automatic.

I already know that you have to click on them and tell them to start their cleaning routine. The thing is that they don't ever clean anything. I understand upgrading them so they can be more efficient, but I feel like they should still clean at least some messes up "right out of the box." Like, in real life, I wouldn't buy a vacuum cleaner that required me to upgrade it in order for it to do what it's supposed to do.
    as other stated you have to upgrade the vacuum. If you have mods or cc many broke the game so check that issue too

I took everything out and my roomba still didn't pick anything up. Guess I have no other choice but to upgrade my $500 vacuum that doesn't vacuum.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Dreamie209 wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »

Yup! toddler/kid messes, puddles, vomit, etc. Depending on how many floors your lot has, i'd recommend at least 2 fully upgraded robots on each floor. So 3 story house/vet clinic= 6 roombas on the lot <3 (unless the top/bottom floor is really small. then maybe you could use one small one).
    Thanks that's good to know. I'll have to try that.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I noticed right away that the robot vacuum did not do much. Sure it cleans, but just barely. It only cleans for like a few sim hours, and in that time it’s mostly just moving around. The amount of messes it cleans are pitifully small. I had one in a vet clinic and after a full go around it cleaned 2 things and left like 10 more and most of these were all in the same room.

This was literally only added so cats could ride on it, which is about the only thing it’s good for.
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    Well I'm glad i stumbled here haha
    I was wondering why my vacuum didn't seem to clean.... Much.... Ill try updating I guess and see if that helps!
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Yelleb wrote: »

I already know that you have to click on them and tell them to start their cleaning routine. The thing is that they don't ever clean anything. I understand upgrading them so they can be more efficient, but I feel like they should still clean at least some messes up "right out of the box." Like, in real life, I wouldn't buy a vacuum cleaner that required me to upgrade it in order for it to do what it's supposed to do.

I took everything out and my roomba still didn't pick anything up. Guess I have no other choice but to upgrade my $500 vacuum that doesn't vacuum.

The roombas do clean without upgrading, just not nearly as well. So if your lot is really messy, it might seem like they're not doing anything.
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Yelleb wrote: »

@Yelleb The cheaper version does clean, but it won't clean puddles, like sick, until upgraded. The cheaper cleans dry messes only.
  • Options
    millerolsenmillerolsen Posts: 629 Member
    Try having more than one, or upgrade it. I don't know if you can hire cleaners for your veterinary clinic, but if you can, try that.
    moss

• Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited November 2017
    I just don't understand why roomba with ugly stickers are updated but not the nice one... It should be the opposite!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    I noticed right away that the robot vacuum did not do much. Sure it cleans, but just barely. It only cleans for like a few sim hours, and in that time it’s mostly just moving around. The amount of messes it cleans are pitifully small. I had one in a vet clinic and after a full go around it cleaned 2 things and left like 10 more and most of these were all in the same room.

This was literally only added so cats could ride on it, which is about the only thing it’s good for.

Priorities!

Why give the fans what they want when you could give them a vague reference to pop culture?! Pop culture is the best! LOL! :D #BlameSteve LOL!

"Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Wow. Must be a glitch then? My vacuum works great. I set it to clean and it gets everything. Just put it in my vet clinic.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Wow. Must be a glitch then? My vacuum works great. I set it to clean and it gets everything. Just put it in my vet clinic.

Same here. Does a good job - but to be fair I have zero CC or mods, don't use moo or any cheats, and have upgraded the vacuum.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top