Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Naked Sim

Is anybody else having problems with sims staying naked after showering? Is it a bug or something else?
8yz411.jpg

Add me on Origin ID: Amanda3024

Comments

• Options
    PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    Just gonna go ahead and page @DegrassiGen for this one :D
  • Options
    CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    Had a sim exit the pool after skinny dipping and not put his clothes back on, where he proceeded to go and order a drink and play some of the lounge piano - not sure if anybody wants to use that anymore.
  • Options
    SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member
    I had a bug awhile back right after the nude outfit category got added with get together, where my sims wouldn't auto-clothe themselves after intentionally becoming nude, like skinning dipping, or changing into the nude outfit, and they would only put clothes back on if I told them to change outfits.
    I kind of found it hilarious because it happened to the sim I was doing a gardening challenge with so she outside in the yard all the time... just casually weeding naked while chatting to the neighbor over the fence. Naked yoga. Naked grilling. I just left it to see how long she would be a nudist for on her own - but the dang neighbor kid ruined it when he came over to visit! Can't be naked with a child on the lot!
    Lol, there was a game update shortly after that and it hasn't happened since, so just keep manually dressing them and eventually it will stop.
  • Options
    Megadustrial_SimMegadustrial_Sim Posts: 180 Member
    Do you play with the MC Command mod? I started getting this bug and I removed my mods one by one and tested my game after I removed each one and after I removed MC Command my sims started dressing up after showers again. I downloaded the latest MC Command again and reinstalled it into the mods folder and reworked my setting and everything is back to normal now.
    Check out my awesome house Zephyr's Edge -TODAY!

• Options
    SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member
    I don't know about any one else but I am totally vanilla. Never had any mods.
  • Options
    Megadustrial_SimMegadustrial_Sim Posts: 180 Member
    I don't know, I never experienced your bug of the sims not putting clothes back on after skinny dipping and such. I only recently started experiencing the no dressing up after showering and what I did seemed to fix the problem for me. Whether it will help anyone else I don't know. I could have just been lucky and it straightened itself out but I found it annoying in my game. I could see how it could be fun to try and work into some kind of story though.
    Check out my awesome house Zephyr's Edge -TODAY!

• Options
    allieb028allieb028 Posts: 44 Member
    This is happening to me too, even my children are naked after they shower and will go to school naked! I have MC command center...so maybe that's it? I might just delete it and see if it was my mod.
  • Options
    amandajoy27amandajoy27 Posts: 167 Member
    Do you play with the MC Command mod? I started getting this bug and I removed my mods one by one and tested my game after I removed each one and after I removed MC Command my sims started dressing up after showers again. I downloaded the latest MC Command again and reinstalled it into the mods folder and reworked my setting and everything is back to normal now.

I do have MC Command mod..I may have to try that
    8yz411.jpg

• Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    MCCC's most recent update, 3.9.6 fixes this. Even if you downloaded 3.9.6 previously, Deaderpool added an update to it that fixed that issue so you'll need to redownload the same version for the fix.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Just trying to get 100% sun tanned, I guess. :lol:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Laughing so hard my face aches. Reminds me of my singer Sim from Sims3. He was at university and being very creative was getting his degree in Liberal Arts, which required art class. He met this girl and asked if she would mind if he painted her naked. Apparently, she didn't mind, but what I was unprepared for was the artist got naked, sat on the grass with art pad across his lap and proceeded to draw. I guess he just felt 'freer' that way … ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    amandajoy27amandajoy27 Posts: 167 Member
    Andiratyme wrote: »
    MCCC's most recent update, 3.9.6 fixes this. Even if you downloaded 3.9.6 previously, Deaderpool added an update to it that fixed that issue so you'll need to redownload the same version for the fix.

Do i remove the one i have before i redownload it?
    8yz411.jpg

• Options
    matthewrodneymatthewrodney Posts: 150 Member
    I've had this problem for a while, it's good to see that there is a fix but honestly it never bothered me so much. I just used MCCC to change their outfit to whatever I wanted.
    pax_link.jpg?w=680
  • Options
    shezoeshezoe Posts: 67 Member
    edited November 2017

it's prob'ly too late for a response to this-but yes. lol
    you can keep your settings from the old version. Just copy it over into the new folder
    Ky1BXMP.jpg
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Is anybody else having problems with sims staying naked after showering? Is it a bug or something else?

A glitch is slight and often temporary, differs from a more serious software bug which is a genuine functionality-breaking problem. it is a short-lived fault in a system, such as a transient fault that corrects itself, making it difficult to troubleshoot.

I return home and saw my children's nanny nude while cooking and caring for them. Knowing it was a glitch I dismissed him and he returned soon with his clothes on, I suppose he figured it out, I did not appreciate his choice of wardrobe. lol :D
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member

Hello
    You can keep the mc_settings.cfg file in your mods folder ( as well as the dresser file if you use that ) and remove the rest of the files. Then download and install the new version.
  • Options
    1Sootycat1Sootycat Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm having the trouble of my female sim showering (male sim is showering naked) in base game clothes. Not cc, but base clothes, clothes designed by the creators of the sims. I have the no mosiac censor mod, and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and luumia skin stuff, but they are just showering in base clothes. I do reset_bathing_outfit current, and it bascially flicks through base game clothing, including dresses and even a llama mascot costumes. I've used The sims 4 studio, no cc is tagged nude, so cc is not the problem, ive disallowed cc content for showers, still not the problem. The problem is base game clothing, that my sim is showering in. Help!
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    @1Sootycat Did you uncheck the toilet option in 🐸🐸🐸🐸? Cause that will keep your sims clothes on while naked. If that's not the case use the clean outfits (Dresser) option in MCC.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited November 2017
    1Sootycat wrote: »
    I'm having the trouble of my female sim showering (male sim is showering naked) in base game clothes. Not cc, but base clothes, clothes designed by the creators of the sims. I have the no mosiac censor mod, and [redacted] and luumia skin stuff, but they are just showering in base clothes. I do reset_bathing_outfit current, and it bascially flicks through base game clothing, including dresses and even a llama mascot costumes. I've used The sims 4 studio, no cc is tagged nude, so cc is not the problem, ive disallowed cc content for showers, still not the problem. The problem is base game clothing, that my sim is showering in. Help!
    Doesn't [redacted] have a fix command? I'd look that up and try it (sorry if I'm wrong about that). I don't think the problem is base game clothing because if it were, people would be up in arms.

Edit: My apologies. I forgot about the rule against naming adult mods here. I redacted both mentions here.
    Post edited by Felicity on
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I'm having the trouble of my female sim showering (male sim is showering naked) in base game clothes. Not cc, but base clothes, clothes designed by the creators of the sims. I have the no mosiac censor mod, and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and luumia skin stuff, but they are just showering in base clothes. I do reset_bathing_outfit current, and it bascially flicks through base game clothing, including dresses and even a llama mascot costumes. I've used The sims 4 studio, no cc is tagged nude, so cc is not the problem, ive disallowed cc content for showers, still not the problem. The problem is base game clothing, that my sim is showering in. Help!

Hello @1Sootycat
    Try having your sims take a shower then use the “ clean outfis “ option in MCCC dresser. Then test to see if that helps.
  • Options
    I've tried downloading MCC command centre, and it doesn't work, unless i've installed it wrong. @Felicity I'm not the only one complaining about a glitch, some people call it the EA glitch.
  • Options
    Also @BMSO when she goes to the toilet, she is naked down from waist and clothed up top, which is fine, and normal. I don't have MCC
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I've tried downloading MCC command centre, and it doesn't work, unless i've installed it wrong. @Felicity I'm not the only one complaining about a glitch, some people call it the EA glitch.

Hello @1Sootycat
    If you are having issues with MCCC mod , you may like to post on the MCCC mod help thread, Simmers there will assist you.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread#latest
  • Options
    I think it's just fixed itself all of a sudden. I went onto WW and told her to undress completly, told her to get in the shower and she did nude. She got dressed, clicked shower and got in it naked. I think it's just glitchy. I'll survive, thank you anyway.
  • Options
    It is good that your issue has been fixed @1Sootycat
    It is against forums rules to post about those types of mods so it would be best not to mention it when posting.