Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Accidental pregnancy?

My sim just found out she was pregnant, but I do not remember giving her the option to 'Try for Baby'. She already has two twin boys that are about to age into children and only a 3 bedroom house. Do not get me wrong, I would like the new addition(s), but it's just a bit unexpected, not to mention now I have to do some bedroom juggling lol. I have no mods and I have not switched households.

Comments

• Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Does she have the bump? Maybe it's just an announcement glitch?
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    @Simpkin She has the bump, the moodlet, and everything one would expect.
    @elanorbreton It does make for an interesting game lol and if it is built-in then I feel sorry for the serial lovers :wink:
  • Options
    MissyScabtreeMissyScabtree Posts: 81 Member
    I noticed this happen to a few of my sims with 'normal woohoo' actions. I do think there is a slight chance of pregnancy this way. But I used MC Center to end it as I was not ready for any new additions yet lol :D
    "Silence is the most powerful scream."
  • Options
    I will say that the father has the fertility trait... guess who's not getting any more :tongue:
  • Options
    emyprice95emyprice95 Posts: 344 Member
    I've also had this happen multiple times in my game when I was using the woohoo rather than 'try for baby' interaction. I think it's a bug that came with the toddler patch. As far as I'm aware, the woohoo interaction is supposed to have 0% chance of pregnancy.
    I'm a CC Creator and family player that is super hyped that toddlers are back! :smiley:

My simblr is Emy the Gamer
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Do not want. I like to be the deciding factor as to when my sims have babies. If ever, because definitely some of my sims were never meant to have them. I don't want the game doing it on it's own!
  • Options
    ItzTina_ItzTina_ Posts: 164 Member
    Haha that is kind of cool, I may need to cool off on the woohoo'ing then >.>
  • Options
    chensaytaylorchensaytaylor Posts: 700 Member
    I have it happen but on purpose b/c I have MC Commander and have risky woohoo on and auto woohoo enabled... so sometimes they go and do stuff on their own and there is always a small risk of a baby being conceived.
  • Options
    egandreegandre Posts: 659 Member
    That's cool! Did the option for pregnancy test come up?
  • Options
    egandre wrote: »

Yeah, I've been having the option for pregnancy test come up after woohoo. My game seems to just be treating the woohoo interaction as if it were the 'try for baby' interaction.
    I'm a CC Creator and family player that is super hyped that toddlers are back! :smiley:

• Options
    emyprice95 wrote: »

Yeah, I've been having the option for pregnancy test come up after woohoo. My game seems to just be treating the woohoo interaction as if it were the 'try for baby' interaction.

Does one of your sims have the fertility trait? The father does and I am wondering if that is why the mother got preggers despite not trying for baby.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    I've had this happen before pre-toddler patch. I don't remember clicking on try for baby but can't 100% swear I didn't.

Either way i personally like it myself. Adds fun/flavor to the game. I would look into risky woohoo mod myself but 50% chance is a wee bit high.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    All this is good to know.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    That sounds cool.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    this happened to me once and I realised she was pregs when she started gagging ad thinking about babies. I was so shook because she didn't even try, she literally woohoo'd lol... theres like a 1% chance I think.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    Can we just get a guru to confirm or deny if regular woohoo can cause pregnancy? It's never happened to me, but I'd be so happy if it did lol.
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited January 2017
    Same happened in my vampire household (3 guys and 1 girl). My sim was in a love triangle with Caleb and one of my vamps. She announced the pregnancy when they went out to drink at the karaoke bar. The boys weren't the only shocked ones lol. Later I had her breakup with Caleb, her actual boyfriend and master. According to her whims, she was more infatuated with my deviantly charming vamp, also the boy's father.

But yeah I don't use any pregnancy mods.
  • Options
    emyprice95 wrote: »

Does one of your sims have the fertility trait? The father does and I am wondering if that is why the mother got preggers despite not trying for baby.

No, my sims don't have the fertility trait.

• Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited January 2017
    Can we just get a guru to confirm or deny if regular woohoo can cause pregnancy? It's never happened to me, but I'd be so happy if it did lol.

This was back before any autonomous woohoo but even then there were some who insisted the guru is wrong and that it somehow does happen in their game, without mods.
  • Options

I think that the woohoo causing pregnancy thing is a bug, which came with the toddlers patch. This never happened to me pre-patch. I'm fairly certain that woohoo is never supposed to cause pregnancy (unless you have mods that specifically change that).

• Options
    Georgia115Georgia115 Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone know if accidental pregnancy following the Woohoo action can occur on Xbox One? I recently downloaded The Sims 4 following its release over the weekend and my sim got pregnant following her first ever Woohoo interaction on day one of me playing! She now has a toddler who is taken care of mostly by a neighbour that I asked to move in because my Sim was broke just starting out her career at the time and couldn't afford a nanny.
  • Options
    SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member
    Yeah woohoo is NOT supposed to result in pregnancy EVER - however I suspect there is a slight possibility that certain traits might influence a sim to autonomously try for baby instead of autonomously woohoo - because I swear I have caught that happening for sims who are married with high romance at least once. I have also accidentally clicked the wrong thing, noticed, tried to cancel, click woohoo instead, and LOOKED like it canceled in the queu only to still have them try for baby because they were already mid-interaction and woohoo/try for baby look the same under those covers!
    It's also possible you have found a bug.
  • Options
    That1Guy352That1Guy352 Posts: 43 Member
    This happened to me a few days ago! The reason why I even worked to become a member is because I wanted to ask the question of how the heck did my sim get pregnant without me trying for baby? I am happy to have the baby and if there really is a small chance you can get pregnant through woohoo and its not a glitch then I am so happy! I loved the surprise, I really wasnt expecting it, my sim had just had a baby the day before so I wasnt trying at all! I clicked on the toilet to use it and the option to take a pregnancy test came up, I was so confused and I tried it and it said my sim was pregnant. I was wondering has it happened to anyone else and now I see it has. and no I dont have any mods other than a few hairs and they dont have any traits involving kids or and fertility anything and the lot has no traits. My bf was watching me play on skype and he said he didnt see me press try for baby at all.. so thats even more proof
  • Options
    allieb028allieb028 Posts: 44 Member
    I've never had this happen, only if you use MC command center to turn on risky pregnancy. It does make the game seem more realistic if they did incorporate risky pregnancies in this game by just tapping the woo hoo interaction.