Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What type of Simmer are you?

Comments

• Options
    abenaki1972abenaki1972 Posts: 46 Member
    I love playing at The Sims 4, and i also build houses for my sims! <3
  • Options
    jada01jada01 Posts: 6 New Member
    The Sims 3 has been my favorite sims game thus far. Now that more expansion packs are coming out i'm starting to like The Sims 4 more and more.
  • Options
    HelkkuliHelkkuli Posts: 92 Member
    Alltought I said I'm a sim creator (which I really am) I love playing just as much but there just wasn't any playing category on answears that I would feel like fits my playstyle. I'm a goal oriented player. I always set goals for my sims and generations and then try to achieve them. Besides aspirations and achievements (which I love) my goal might be to get married, have a specific set of skills or max them all, get on top of a career, run a business, breed dogs, make x amount of money or pretty much anything I can think of.
    14453827.jpg

CHECK OUT MY CELEBRITY LOOK A LIKE SIMS AND DOG BREEDS FROM MY INSTAGRAM @anomitesplayssims

My origin id is anomites
  • Options
    Greenyoshi6Greenyoshi6 Posts: 10 New Member
    In TS3, I really loved telling all sorts of stories and unfolding the lives of generation after generation, especially after the Generations expansion pack, but TS4 got me hooked onto the building, because it is so much more complex and advanced, yet simplistic at the same time.
  • Options
    TaliferinaTaliferina Posts: 46 Member
    I end up enjoying making sims more than playing them. Oops. It's fun playing around until I get a Sim I'm pleased with, or one that just makes me laugh. I also enjoy editing sim npcs, to either give them a bit more flair, or to fix the horrid random options the game gives them.

That eyeliner with those shoes? Girl please.
    0sCPiZh.png
  • Options
    allieb028allieb028 Posts: 44 Member
    If this was TS2 then I would of said story-telling. That game was made to make stories, that's why I loved it so much and I still play the Ultimate Collection till this day. In The Sims 4, I just like to create sims and play them for a little bit and maybe do the whole generation thing. But it get's boring after a while sometimes. I wish this game had more of a story line, that's what I liked most about the previous games.
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    Unique
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
    With the Sims 4 I am mostly a player but have made some lots to help me in out in the game when things are don't work properly. In the Sims 2 I did lots of things, I played the game, made stories, had a go at making a video and built my own houses. Maybe it's my age, being a senior player but I find the newer way of doing things in the game with making lots, or even story telling, too time consuming and not so much fun for me. I haven't played the Sims 4 enough to discover how things are done in build mode and to be honest it doesn't really inspire me in the same way to make stories. So I just play the game for now.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I am a sims player, but I build buildings that are based and resemble everything (Anville House, Ricki Lake show studio etc.), and I also create more immigrated sims from every country (Europe, Africa, Caribbean Island countries etc.)
  • Options
    ST7_MTNMANST7_MTNMAN Posts: 172 Member
    I voted builder but even that is limited just so very disappointed with the direction the game went. $240.00 later and still the same frustrations i could've just had buying the base game.
  • Options
    MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    Voted player only but ...I play 60%, I create sims 20% and I build 20%.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I'm a player only. I do have very detailed stories for my sims, but they stay in my head. I've never really shared them other than a random picture or a general "this is what's been happening with my sims."
  • Options
    KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
    I just play. I suck at building and it frustrates me to the point where I don't even try anymore. Thank goodness for the gallery!
    0G9Un6T.gif
  • Options
    Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    I am a story teller. Well I used to be.
    I still find it hard to write stories with sims 4.
    Now I just build and play a little, but I noticed the spark is gone.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Willing to bet that if we got the linked to household albums with ample caption room back you'd find some spark again. Hard to do a story when all shots go into one pot, there's about 1.5 lines for text, text in last photo taken disappears, and photos aren't always in order taken. And viewing is a pain in the can.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    This is hard to answer when it comes to The Sims 4.
    I am a Builder/Story Teller/Player, but I am not doing much of any of those things like I did in TS2 and TS3.
    TS4 does not feel complete enough for me to go all in yet, but toddlers and Parenthood have moved things forward.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I use my game to relax, so it really depends on my mood. I have times where all I want to do is build. Other times all I want to do is play. I use the game to relieve stress.
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    I use my game to relax, so it really depends on my mood. I have times where all I want to do is build. Other times all I want to do is play. I use the game to relieve stress.

I agree! The Sims is a great way to reduce stress.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    niqqsims04niqqsims04 Posts: 10 New Member
    Tbh I love to build and spent most of the time just building new house, rebuild and stuff. But now I'm going to be a storyteller too.
  • Options
    MelanieScribblesMelanieScribbles Posts: 161 Member
    Aspiring storyteller, I guess. All my Sims sort of have backstories and ongoing ones, but I'm still a new member and can't post pictures.
  • Options
    oasis10oasis10 Posts: 81 Member
    I'm a player and been since the sims one.
  • Options
    Katie123Katie123 Posts: 925 Member
    I generally just make families and play them till they are no more haha

but i'm trying to get more creative, i've recently built a house and updated a few old families and changed their households, I also created a park the other week which i'd never done before. I've also been designing clothes on sims 3.
    tumblr_n25chlaSo01rrajoto1_500.gif

Katie123
  • Options
    abohemiianllamaabohemiianllama Posts: 21 Member
    am i the only one that does all of these things? lol
  • Options
    kellzakellza Posts: 197 Member
    I just play. I only create sims if I'm going to play them. I mod but only for my own use and I now build, only since I was so awful from 1-3 that with these better build tools I wanted to try and make decent houses :D
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    You may love to do many things in the Sims, but if you had to choose one thing you enjoy doing the most in the Sims, what category would you fall under?

I tend to be a family-player. Take a look at the *family tree* I'm working on. Sadly, the parents of the two girls have passed away.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything