Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,607 Member
    Vulori wrote: »
    I had a sim complete friend of the world for the beloved trait, but it isn't working. The household has two cats, a dog, and my sim. I created this sim and started playing her a few days ago. No mods, so its not that. I've tried repairing the game twice, deleted the cache file and tried resetting to factory settings. Nothing seems to be fixing the problem. She has lost almost all her friends. The only thing I haven't done is reinstalled. I really don't want to start a brand new save.

Hello @Vulori
    Try having your sim move to another home. Then have her move back to the original home and see if that helps,
  • Options
    VuloriVulori Posts: 94 Member
    I moved her out and then back to her first home. Still losing relationships over time.
  • Options
    natsuannienatsuannie Posts: 37 Member
    I just tried to fix the batch issue with sims4studio to be able to use the couch and stuff, but after that it won't even open the game! :( help!!
  • Options
    Vulori wrote: »
    I moved her out and then back to her first home. Still losing relationships over time.

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue. It was fixed in a patch, but i am sorry that it is still affecting your game.
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Beloved-Trait-is-not-working/m-p/3487377#M42672
  • Options
    natsuannie wrote: »
    I just tried to fix the batch issue with sims4studio to be able to use the couch and stuff, but after that it won't even open the game! :( help!!

Hello.
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

If the issue remains, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then see if you can start the game. A new mods folder will be geneated. If you can start the game, exit the game. Then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

• Options
    fungamer2fungamer2 Posts: 40 Member
    Not sure if anyone else is having this same issue.
    My Sims that have passed on are now showing up in some of the vacant houses. They are not ghosts, but are somehow "resurrected" :p
    If I try to evict them they do not have a household name.
    I was wondering if I delete them am I going to run into an error with my game? I thought I had seen a thread talking about that.
    Or should I create the household name and just evict them?
    Seems weird that they came back. So far it's only a few of my ancestors that have come back this way.
    This only happened after the new patch and me installing the new C&D pack
  • Options
    fungamer2 wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone else is having this same issue.
    My Sims that have passed on are now showing up in some of the vacant houses. They are not ghosts, but are somehow "resurrected" :p
    If I try to evict them they do not have a household name.
    I was wondering if I delete them am I going to run into an error with my game? I thought I had seen a thread talking about that.
    Or should I create the household name and just evict them?
    Seems weird that they came back. So far it's only a few of my ancestors that have come back this way.
    This only happened after the new patch and me installing the new C&D pack

Hello
    I am sorry that you have had this issue. If you delete them, it can cause error messages and prevent you playing that game. Don’t delete the sims.
    For the time being, it may be best if you just let them remain in your game, until the 102 error issue and loss of relationships issue is fixed,
  • Options
    fungamer2fungamer2 Posts: 40 Member
    @rosemow ok, thank you so much
  • Options
    PEP1053PEP1053 Posts: 22 Member
    I am having a few issues since installing Cats & Dogs. In Brindleton Bay neighborhood, Sims who work do not even get the command to go to work until 2 or more hours after their shift is supposed to start. The game doesn't even register them as late, they simply don't leave on time, and then they do not come home for 12+ hours. I moved all my families out of that neighborhood, but am still noticing some major time lags. The clock will randomly jump forward 3 hours and then back to what it was, all the while the Sims are simply standing there semi-frozen, not responding to my commands.

I have all game packs/expansion packs installed, 100% vanilla game, and have tried all the usual options like repairing game in Origin and resetting the Sims 4 folder. Am wondering if anyone else has noticed these issues specifically after installing the latest expansion pack?
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    PEP1053 wrote: »
    I am having a few issues since installing Cats & Dogs. In Brindleton Bay neighborhood, Sims who work do not even get the command to go to work until 2 or more hours after their shift is supposed to start. The game doesn't even register them as late, they simply don't leave on time, and then they do not come home for 12+ hours. I moved all my families out of that neighborhood, but am still noticing some major time lags. The clock will randomly jump forward 3 hours and then back to what it was, all the while the Sims are simply standing there semi-frozen, not responding to my commands.

I have all game packs/expansion packs installed, 100% vanilla game, and have tried all the usual options like repairing game in Origin and resetting the Sims 4 folder. Am wondering if anyone else has noticed these issues specifically after installing the latest expansion pack?

Hello @PEP1053
    I am sorry that you are having these issues,
    Try doing these things and see if it helps
    Lower your graphics settings and lower your in-game screen resolution . Play in windowed mode. Close any open windows on your desktop when playing,
    Check for updates for your graphics drivers,
    Play in offline mode.
    Try having your sims quit their career. Then have rejoin the careee and see if that helps

If the issues remain, could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to pastebin https://pastebin.com
    and post the link to the file here
  • Options
    CooperChanceCooperChance Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi.

I recently bought and installed Sims 4 : Cats and Dogs. After playing for a while, I opened up a vet and hired 3 workers. These workers had high level veterinarian skill from all the training I paid for. Later on, I decided to play as one of my workers. Note : I did not fire the worker in question. When I went to load my family that owned the Vet Clinic, I found that said worker was no longer working there. Is this meant to happen? Also, why can't I re-hire old workers or hire sims with veterinarian skill higher than 1? Thank you in advance.
  • Options
    Hi.

I recently bought and installed Sims 4 : Cats and Dogs. After playing for a while, I opened up a vet and hired 3 workers. These workers had high level veterinarian skill from all the training I paid for. Later on, I decided to play as one of my workers. Note : I did not fire the worker in question. When I went to load my family that owned the Vet Clinic, I found that said worker was no longer working there. Is this meant to happen? Also, why can't I re-hire old workers or hire sims with veterinarian skill higher than 1? Thank you in advance.

Hello @CooperChance
    This is what happens. Once a NPC is played, they will lose being an employee or a co worker in the GTW careers. To keep as an employee, you can’t play them.
  • Options
    CooperChanceCooperChance Posts: 2 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > CooperChance wrote: »
    >
    > Hi.
    >
    >
    > I recently bought and installed Sims 4 : Cats and Dogs. After playing for a while, I opened up a vet and hired 3 workers. These workers had high level veterinarian skill from all the training I paid for. Later on, I decided to play as one of my workers. Note : I did not fire the worker in question. When I went to load my family that owned the Vet Clinic, I found that said worker was no longer working there. Is this meant to happen? Also, why can't I re-hire old workers or hire sims with veterinarian skill higher than 1? Thank you in advance.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @CooperChance
    > This is what happens. Once a NPC is played, they will lose being an employee or a co worker in the GTW careers. To keep as an employee, you can’t play them.

That's a shame. Well, thanks. Also, is it possible to hire sims who's veterinarian skill is anything other than one?
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > CooperChance wrote: »
    >
    > Hi.
    >
    >
    > I recently bought and installed Sims 4 : Cats and Dogs. After playing for a while, I opened up a vet and hired 3 workers. These workers had high level veterinarian skill from all the training I paid for. Later on, I decided to play as one of my workers. Note : I did not fire the worker in question. When I went to load my family that owned the Vet Clinic, I found that said worker was no longer working there. Is this meant to happen? Also, why can't I re-hire old workers or hire sims with veterinarian skill higher than 1? Thank you in advance.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @CooperChance
    > This is what happens. Once a NPC is played, they will lose being an employee or a co worker in the GTW careers. To keep as an employee, you can’t play them.

That's a shame. Well, thanks. Also, is it possible to hire sims who's veterinarian skill is anything other than one?

Hello @cooperchance
    This is what Sims-online wrote in their guide to the Vet career
    When you are just starting out you only have one empty slot to hire an employee. You can unlock additional slots by buying them with Perk Points. Most of the Sim you can hire don’t have a lot of experience, you can download Sims with a higher vet skill from the gallery and place them into the world. After you did this they will sometimes turn up in the menu to hire them. Sims with higher skill levels will cost more each hour so you may want to start out with employees that aren’t very experienced.
    http://sims-online.com/learn-build-run-vet-clinic-sims-4-cats-dogs/
    Doing this may help
  • Options
    Felicia_QueensFelicia_Queens Posts: 69 Member
    No major issues here. I had a relationship between my sim and her childhood dog reset to acquaintances when he came for treatment at her vet clinic. There was also a failure to get a cat spayed when taken to the Brindleton clinic, but when I went and tried again, it worked perfectly. Might have been outdated CC or possibly an issue that was fixed between play sessions.
  • Options
    No major issues here. I had a relationship between my sim and her childhood dog reset to acquaintances when he came for treatment at her vet clinic. There was also a failure to get a cat spayed when taken to the Brindleton clinic, but when I went and tried again, it worked perfectly. Might have been outdated CC or possibly an issue that was fixed between play sessions.

Hello
    It is good that you haven’t had major issues.
    This link thread contains a list of some of the broken and updated mods
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928106/broken-mods-cats-and-dogs-nov-2017/p1?new=1
    It would be good to see if you have any of the mods, then update any that need updating.
  • Options
    Coucou660Coucou660 Posts: 21 Member
    I updated my game, and when I launched it, I pressed play last saved game. My two YA sims were at work, leaving my toddler at home alone. it came up with the hire a nanny or go to daycare option and I pressed nanny. but then I realised that the pause/play/sim/inventory/etc area at the bottom of my screen was gone, I couldn't click anywhere on my screen and the only way to un-pause my game was through my keyboard.
    Today, I tried to create a new game but it just took me to a white screen. I tried deleting some possibly problematic mods, as well as the ones I recently downloaded, but nothing. Also, I tried repairing my game but nothing works.
  • Options
    Coucou660 wrote: »
    I updated my game, and when I launched it, I pressed play last saved game. My two YA sims were at work, leaving my toddler at home alone. it came up with the hire a nanny or go to daycare option and I pressed nanny. but then I realised that the pause/play/sim/inventory/etc area at the bottom of my screen was gone, I couldn't click anywhere on my screen and the only way to un-pause my game was through my keyboard.
    Today, I tried to create a new game but it just took me to a white screen. I tried deleting some possibly problematic mods, as well as the ones I recently downloaded, but nothing. Also, I tried repairing my game but nothing works.

Hello @Coucou660
    The More Columns in CAS mod or the UI Cheats Extension mod may be causing these issues, If you have them, remove them and download the new updated versions of the mods
    http://www.modthesims.info/d/558548
    http://modthesims.info/d/558052
    If you don’t have these mods , move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

This link thread contains a list of some of the broken and updated mods
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928106/broken-mods-cats-and-dogs-nov-2017/p1?new=1
  • Options
    KitsunechanwKitsunechanw Posts: 112 Member
    my sims cat thinks it is fixed. but it very clearly isnt. now i cant try for baby. ive tried with and without mods. ive tried reseting her. repairing the game. exiting and reentering, going to another lot. she tried for babies once and then after that it says she is fixed. but she isnt
  • Options
    my sims cat thinks it is fixed. but it very clearly isnt. now i cant try for baby. ive tried with and without mods. ive tried reseting her. repairing the game. exiting and reentering, going to another lot. she tried for babies once and then after that it says she is fixed. but she isnt

Hello @Kitsunechanw
    I am sorry that you have this issue.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

You could also try doing this and see if it helps
    Open the cheat console with ctl-shift-c
    Type testingcheats on
    Type sims.get_sim_id_by_name FirstNamePet LastNamePet, to get the ID of the pet
    Write down the ID. It’s a long one.
    Type sims.remove_all_buffs ID (ID is the number you wrote down)
    Close the console with ctl-shift-c
    This was a solution for another issue but it may help you also.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > Kitsunechanw wrote: »
    >
    > my sims cat thinks it is fixed. but it very clearly isnt. now i cant try for baby. ive tried with and without mods. ive tried reseting her. repairing the game. exiting and reentering, going to another lot. she tried for babies once and then after that it says she is fixed. but she isnt
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Kitsunechanw
    > I am sorry that you have this issue.
    >
    > Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
    >
    > You could also try doing this and see if it helps
    > Open the cheat console with ctl-shift-c
    > Type testingcheats on
    > Type sims.get_sim_id_by_name FirstNamePet LastNamePet, to get the ID of the pet
    > Write down the ID. It’s a long one.
    > Type sims.remove_all_buffs ID (ID is the number you wrote down)
    > Close the console with ctl-shift-c
    >
    >
    >
    > This was a solution for another issue but it may help you also.

there is a file in my cashtre folder that is a package file, spotlight_en-us is this needed?
  • Options
    cachestre folder
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > my sims cat thinks it is fixed. but it very clearly isnt. now i cant try for baby. ive tried with and without mods. ive tried reseting her. repairing the game. exiting and reentering, going to another lot. she tried for babies once and then after that it says she is fixed. but she isnt
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Kitsunechanw
    > I am sorry that you have this issue.
    >
    > Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
    >
    > You could also try doing this and see if it helps
    > Open the cheat console with ctl-shift-c
    > Type testingcheats on
    > Type sims.get_sim_id_by_name FirstNamePet LastNamePet, to get the ID of the pet
    > Write down the ID. It’s a long one.
    > Type sims.remove_all_buffs ID (ID is the number you wrote down)
    > Close the console with ctl-shift-c
    >
    >
    >
    > This was a solution for another issue but it may help you also.

there is a file in my cashtre folder that is a package file, spotlight_en-us is this needed?

That can be removed, It will regenerated by the game when needed,
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > Kitsunechanw wrote: »
    > >
    > > my sims cat thinks it is fixed. but it very clearly isnt. now i cant try for baby. ive tried with and without mods. ive tried reseting her. repairing the game. exiting and reentering, going to another lot. she tried for babies once and then after that it says she is fixed. but she isnt
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @Kitsunechanw
    > > I am sorry that you have this issue.
    > >
    > > Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
    > >
    > > You could also try doing this and see if it helps
    > > Open the cheat console with ctl-shift-c
    > > Type testingcheats on
    > > Type sims.get_sim_id_by_name FirstNamePet LastNamePet, to get the ID of the pet
    > > Write down the ID. It’s a long one.
    > > Type sims.remove_all_buffs ID (ID is the number you wrote down)
    > > Close the console with ctl-shift-c
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > This was a solution for another issue but it may help you also.
    >
    > there is a file in my cashtre folder that is a package file, spotlight_en-us is this needed?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That can be removed, It will regenerated by the game when needed,

sadly neither of these solutions worked. with or without mods/cc. im thinking its a bug