Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pet hearts?

I'm making a pet shelter, I'm really loving the different curve balls I keep getting. I've adopted a cat called Shiloh and another called Mayor Whiskers. I noticed when they were together they were interacting but only after a little while of living together. Sometimes they clean eachother and I see little lovehearts.

I adopted a stray dog called Maddie- she was sick and of course, as a true shelter should, I adopted her and took her to the vet- my question is, she randomly barks and lovehearts pop up over her but she's by herself when she does it, any ideas what the hearts are? I thought it might be two pets falling in love but since she's the only dog i'm not sure.
gumball_wallpaper_darwin1_800x600.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SophierbmSophierbm Posts: 1 New Member
    I keep getting the same thing! Could it be the dog going on heat? Would spaying the dog help?
  • Options
    Feet46Feet46 Posts: 230 Member
    Your pet is in heat.
  • Options
    Felicia_QueensFelicia_Queens Posts: 69 Member
    Yes, congratulations, your pets want to have babies. Good luck getting the vet to spay them; I tried, and she just ignored my pets.
  • Options
    KIttehKattehKIttehKatteh Posts: 144 Member
    ohhh! I see 0.0 I didn't even know that was a feature, I thought the dog might be really happy to be rescued- silly me :P
  • Options
    QueenEcheveriaQueenEcheveria Posts: 61 Member
    I didn’t know they added this feature. Been trying to breed my pets and nothing is happening. This will make things easier now I know what I need to be looking for
    pouladb96c2.png
  • Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    edited November 2017
    I thought it was because they are loyal? Does the pet doing it have that trait?

It could be that unconditional love thing pets have for their "companions". My loyal dog maddie gets it a lot when she's playing with her favorite sim
  • Options
    GreenRoseGreenRose Posts: 4 New Member
    I think it's definitely the pet in heat! I just came on here looking for the answers myself as I noticed my Sim's dog barking with hearts floating, but shortly after noticed the thinking bubble she had above her head alternating between the 'woohoo' heart and the two pink hearts. Think I'll get the vet to spay them, my Sim lives in a small enough apartment!
  • Options
    MettsenMettsen Posts: 185 Member
    Yes, congratulations, your pets want to have babies. Good luck getting the vet to spay them; I tried, and she just ignored my pets.

That's odd. I got fed up with my cat being in heat and whining with hearts all over the place, so i got her spayed. I'm the vet though, so I just took her to work with me and she wandered the clinic and the grounds with a cone of shame on for the rest of the day.
  • Options
    MettsenMettsen Posts: 185 Member
    GreenRose wrote: »
    I think it's definitely the pet in heat! I just came on here looking for the answers myself as I noticed my Sim's dog barking with hearts floating, but shortly after noticed the thinking bubble she had above her head alternating between the 'woohoo' heart and the two pink hearts. Think I'll get the vet to spay them, my Sim lives in a small enough apartment!

That was my reason for spaying my sim's cat too. I don't even have room enough for a toy box in my little starter house, let alone x number of kittens!
  • Options
    SylvieIsASimSylvieIsASim Posts: 3 New Member
    Both of my dogs, who were former strays, have these hearts and I have been trying to breed them. Everytime I select "Encourage to Breed with..." it doesn't show the other dog, it shows random strays. I have told them to be nice to each other many times, but they still won't breed. What do I do?! They are mixed breeds, but I didn't think that was a problem.
  • Options
    Simsarah77Simsarah77 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @KIttehKatteh said:
    > I adopted a stray dog called Maddie- she was sick and of course, as a true shelter should, I adopted her and took her to the vet- my question is, she randomly barks and lovehearts pop up over her but she's by herself when she does it, any ideas what the hearts are? I thought it might be two pets falling in love but since she's the only dog i'm not sure.

Kit, Your pet is in heat. My Cat sat on top of the fridge yowling with little heart symbols floating above her head! So Adorable<3 So I had her mate with another Cat, and Voila! 2 Cute Kittens later my household was a family of 8
    Hope this information helped :smile:
    #Simsarah77
  • Options
    NellyStardustNellyStardust Posts: 24 New Member
    > @SylvieIsASim said:
    > Both of my dogs, who were former strays, have these hearts and I have been trying to breed them. Everytime I select "Encourage to Breed with..." it doesn't show the other dog, it shows random strays. I have told them to be nice to each other many times, but they still won't breed. What do I do?! They are mixed breeds, but I didn't think that was a problem.

Have you checked that they're definitely opposite genders? If not you can Modify in CAS and change the gender of one of them to make sure they're actually compatible.
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Both of my dogs, who were former strays, have these hearts and I have been trying to breed them. Everytime I select "Encourage to Breed with..." it doesn't show the other dog, it shows random strays. I have told them to be nice to each other many times, but they still won't breed. What do I do?! They are mixed breeds, but I didn't think that was a problem.

Make sure one isn't already pregnant. I adopted a stray cat and couldn't figure out why I couldn't get her to mate with another cat until I realized that she was already pregnant and had been when I adopted her. If you go into CAS, all the top left options like ages, etc. should be greyed out if the animal is pregnant...that's how I discovered it.
  • Options
    KIttehKattehKIttehKatteh Posts: 144 Member
    Thanks all :D I didn't even realize this was a feature- I just thought my pet loved me a whole bunch XD
  • Options
    SylvieIsASimSylvieIsASim Posts: 3 New Member
    > @JimG72 said:
    > SylvieIsASim wrote: »
    >
    > Both of my dogs, who were former strays, have these hearts and I have been trying to breed them. Everytime I select "Encourage to Breed with..." it doesn't show the other dog, it shows random strays. I have told them to be nice to each other many times, but they still won't breed. What do I do?! They are mixed breeds, but I didn't think that was a problem.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Make sure one isn't already pregnant. I adopted a stray cat and couldn't figure out why I couldn't get her to mate with another cat until I realised that she was already pregnant and had been when I adopted her. If you go into CAS, all the top left options like ages, etc. should be greyed out if the animal is pregnant...that's how I discovered it.

Thanks guys for replying I know they are opposite genders, but I not certain that either of them are pregnant. It doesn't semm likely though as I've been trying to breed them for 2 1/2 sim days.
  • Options
    liilastaliilasta Posts: 32 Member
    this is the most similar thread about what im having. so my cat (adult, female, only pet) keep having the woohoo sign in her thought bubble and she's kinda... burping, you could say, hearts. I forget her traits but i think one is "affectionate" and others that sort of like that? i think she might want kittens but im not sure..
    TS4-x64-2018-12-16-11-43-58.png

• Options
    BlazingGamerZBlazingGamerZ Posts: 16 New Member
    ^ she probably just wants kittens Xd, aww!

What a cute concept though, to run an animal shelter! I hope all is well.
  • Options
    ChloecraftsChloecrafts Posts: 1 New Member
    I've been having the same heart thing with my adopted dog brook like hearts comming from her mouth when she howls and floating around her but the problem is that she is spayed so idk how or why it's happening!
  • Options
    Boomersheba12Boomersheba12 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! I am new here. Sorry, to be crashing this post. How can I create my own discussion to ask questions and throw some ideas.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello! I am new here. Sorry, to be crashing this post. How can I create my own discussion to ask questions and throw some ideas.

Hello @Boomersheba12 . Welcome to the forums!
    There is usually a blue new discussion button at the top right hand side of the screen in the forum sections. But new discussion threads have been restricted for new members. You are unable to start a new thread until you become a full member. This has been brought in as a result of spambots.
    You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know
    You receive a point each time another simmer presses like or awesome or insightful on a post that you have posted. Keep posting on the different threads and sections of the forums and you will soon get the points/posts. The off topic section is a good place to post.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/off-topic-chat
    You will soon get the required points and posts if you also post about your simming experiences on threads that you are interested in the thread topics.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited January 2018
    I've been having the same heart thing with my adopted dog brook like hearts comming from her mouth when she howls and floating around her but the problem is that she is spayed so idk how or why it's happening!

Hello
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.
    Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    If the issue remains after doing this , you may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Spayed-cat-gone-into-labor/m-p/6463025#M53612
  • Options
    PhoeSavsMom_83PhoeSavsMom_83 Posts: 20 Member
    So, whenever my dog is in heat and wants to get pregnant, I try and breed her with other dogs and they are always angry at each other and just bark. I even made a crazy dog lady next door to try and get more dogs that my dog could mate with and it always happens. At one point, I adopted some random male dog got my dog pregnant and then put him back up for adoption.

To mate, do dogs need to interact with each other more? Or maybe even become friends? It wasn't an issue with my adopted dog.
  • Options
    ellie_bellellie_bell Posts: 1 New Member
    I kept getting the hearts as well from my two corgis. I would love for them to mate, but sadly, my household if full. I think it really helps (if you want them in heat) to have your sim woohoo in front of them. It started after my sims tried for a baby.
  • Options
    TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    My male dog and female fox are both fixed but they get the hearts on occasion. Is that a bug then? If so that's sad :P I Think it's sweet that they have those little hearts. To me it is that they're happy and friendly towards another. The hearts happen when they're playing sometimes....the heart shows up they yip or yap and one of them runs off to do something else.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    My cat is having the hearts thing, so I sent it out to hunt, as I have no other options. This is not in Brindelton Bay, and there are no strays around. So how can I have it breed, when there is no other cats?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top