Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Combined list of most pet issues that simmers are having

Comments

• Options
    ChrystalRubinChrystalRubin Posts: 46 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »
    Hm, I went to the vet with the dog, and got a preventative shot against diseases; now the dog is constantly in red and when I ask him what's wrong the answer is that he's afraid of something :/ Did the shot make my dog chronically depressed? If so, there should be a warning that this is a potential side-effect (half-jesting here, anyone else experienced this? Is it normal? Will it pass at some point?).

Your pet could be afraid of something in the home like a statue of an animal. my cat was afraid of the cat statue that kind of looked like him. After I move it he was not afraid anymore. sometimes if you watch them you will find out what they are afraid of. They will go near it when you ask whats wrong.

Dog was only afraid of the TV, until we went to the vet. I asked him immediately after getting the shot "what's wrong" and he showed a bubble with a vet symbol. Then took him home, but he acts like the vet is there too. So his chronic anxiety is due to him thinking the vet is always with him, following him, watching him... So yeah, I kept asking what was wrong over the following days, but always got that image from the vet place. So it's as far as I can see, a natural reaction to getting the shot, but bugged because it doesn't pass. The notification says "Rocket just needs a moment to collect himself", and it did that right after it initially happened, but then just never passed.

I might have succeeded in fixing my problem now. I decided Rocket needed to face his fears, so we went back to the vet, initiated the check up, and then proceeded to reject that evil anxiety causing preventative shot. Then his profile turned "fine" again, and it hasn't returned yet. We'll see, but for now, Rocket seems to be doing well.

Nevermind. It's back.
    Gargh, this is annoying. It shows a man wearing something over his head when I ask him what's wrong. I can't for the life of me see that it's supposed to be something in my house.
  • Options
    stadbabstadbab Posts: 1 New Member
    i'm not getting the option to train my dog, even though i have the training skill? it doesn't come up on the pie menu. i've had her since she was a puppy if it makes any difference.
  • Options
    MonikoMoniko Posts: 1 New Member
    My pets will not stop dying of starvation!!! It’s so depressing and I can’t figure out what’s going on!!
  • Options
    ShloobsShloobs Posts: 2 New Member
    - Cats will not use litterbox without being commanded to
    - Occasionally when dog jumps he stretches out and up into the air creating one very long, distorted dog (haven't been quick enough to grab a screenshot)
    - With the dogs friendly lot trait, clock goes from super speed to normal EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. a dog enters the lot. Very frustrating.
    - Even after cat has "learned not to jump on counters" it still does it constantly (bug or just annoying personality trait? cat does not have "stubborn" trait). Same for not barking at humans with dog (although dog does have "stubborn" trait)
    - With autonomy on but disabled for selected sim, selected sim will wait to perform actions (and sometimes cancel them) when their pet decides to interact with them. This has resulted in an hour+ in-game time delay while my sim waited for his cat to come from god knows where off-lot to bring a gift

Just a few of the annoyances/bugs I've seen so far
  • Options
    corbinjohnnscorbinjohnns Posts: 3 New Member
    -I don't need to wait 24 hours before telling my pet to "Encourage to mate with..."
    This bug causes my pets to not be able to get pregnant at all, so looks like my pet legacy is on halt :s
  • Options
    ShloobsShloobs Posts: 2 New Member
    (sorry, first time using forums so can't edit my posts yet)
    Also on my list, not related to pets themselves but only happening since installing pets:
    Sims with the vegetarian trait react to eggs and toast as though there's meat in it, even though it has the "vegetarian safe" label
  • Options
    MirandanikMirandanik Posts: 12 New Member
    Ok so the problem I was having with not being able to bill customers at the vet is gone at least for now. I fixed my Sims game (Verified) and then I unchecked the allow custom content box and restarted the game. Might wanna try that and see if it fixes any of your other problems :) LOVE this game!
  • Options
    kasia0504kasia0504 Posts: 7 New Member
    Did anyone had a problem with cat who's vomiting nonstop? I mean in one hour he vomit like 6 times and it won't stop ;/ When I click on him there is no vet option... and he's control is not red...
  • Options
    Mikado-chanMikado-chan Posts: 108 Member
    sadiedgaf wrote: »
    hey guys~ long time simmer but i dont use the forums, so forgive me if im doing this wrong. heres an issue im having, pasted from reddit.

really upset that my first dog disappeared. he was an elder and probably died of old age, but the game kinda broke him? i was at the vet with my other elder pet (they get really, constantly sick when theyre elders) and my other sim was at work. i looked down at the portraits and suddenly my dog wasnt in my family anymore? i checked relationships and hes transparent (ghost.. im guessing) but i never found an urn or tombstone for him, and my sims never got moodlets about their pet passing. i'm pretty bummed out because he was the first dog i made in the game :(. i just got an ambrosia treat from the vet too but its too late now i guess. has anyone else had their pet pass yet? is it a wide spread bug or just bad timing for me?

Exactly the same happened to me! I came back from the vet and one of my dogs apparently died when I was away. No tombstone, no sad moodlet but he was a ghost in my sim's relationship panel :/
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Lauren31 wrote: »
    I’m having a problem with breeding. I don’t know if it’s a bug or not because I can’t see the relationships, but when I encourage two dogs to breed together thought bubbles appear above their heads suggesting they don’t like each other, but I can’t seem to get them to become friends..

Anyone else had this issue?

I'm having the same problem
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    DinocanidDinocanid Posts: 12 New Member
    > @haswh said:
    > mommy19959699 wrote: »
    >
    > I just posted on EA Help about merging pets into families from the gallery. Once I do they are completely black. This happens for most but not all pets. Only one other person posted there with this problem and they had mentioned the design tool causing their animal to go black. Thought I'd add this here in case anyone else has this problem. No mods installed.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I had the same thing happen to me today! I made my cat and my grand dogs and when I downloaded to play they all turned black. I thought well that's odd. I also am disappointed as I worked hard to make them look just right! Hopefully this will get solved soon. :/
    >
    > Edit to add that I couldn't get my cat just the way I wanted because she has one side of her face black and one side brown, split right down the middle. There is no way I can figure out how to change only one side of anything in CAP. Very sad for me as I wanted to make her like my cat. :'( :'(

There is a way to turn off mirror paint. In paint mode, there are two icons available on the right side of the box.
  • Options
    shezoeshezoe Posts: 67 Member
    > @cherpar said:
    > PrincessVee wrote: »
    >
    > - Food bowls disappear after leaving the lot.
    > Example: you buy a new shiny food bowl for your doggy, place it in the kitchen, leave the lot to go to a park/cafe/anywhere, you come back, and the bowl is gone and you have to buy a new one. As a result you end up spending a lot of money.
    > @SimGuruNick I tested it without any mods. It's an actual in game bug.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Also the teens homework is disappearing after travelling. The bowl is so annoying, been through so many already.

i think the butlers have it out for pets. they take the bowls i think and i also noticed their toy box got turned facing the wall while my sims were at work. i noticed because they kept having toy thought bubbles pop up so don't know how it else it could have gotten turned that way. Maybe hey added a secret "hates pets" trait to butlers along with "hates kids"-lol
    Ky1BXMP.jpg
  • Options
    danigirl02danigirl02 Posts: 24 Member
    > @Mirandanik said:
    > Ok so the problem I was having with not being able to bill customers at the vet is gone at least for now. I fixed my Sims game (Verified) and then I unchecked the allow custom content box and restarted the game. Might wanna try that and see if it fixes any of your other problems :) LOVE this game!

I had the same issue, I will do the same and see if it helps
  • Options
    JoliensimsJoliensims Posts: 11 New Member
    I have an issue, dont know if its a bug or not. When i go to the sable square neighbourhood in brindleton bay, there are plants missing, the white sign in front of the cul-du-sac is missing and the house shells behind the domus familiaris lot are also missing. I don’t know how i can fix it or if other people are expierencing it too.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm updating this to say that I think I've figured out the auto-feeder. It does work if I direct it to refill in an hour when it is empty.

I do still have the phobic cat after the preventative shot. Hopefully there are enough complaints about that one that they will fix it pretty quickly. I'm playing a rotation so I just switched away from it for now. I identified that the cat was afraid of the shower so I locked her out of the bathroom. That worked for a bit but she's also probably afraid of the stove or refrigerator and those aren't going anywhere. She stays afraid when she's outside roaming around.

I've seen another bug. I edited the adoption agent with cas.fulleditmode during the adoption process and I had to restart the game then wait a bit to try again. When I exited CAS, there were a bunch of adoption cages replicating on the lot and there was no pet. Clearly, that's a bug.

Fortunately, when I tried the adoption again, the same puppy (Zoe, Chesapeake Bay Retriever, female) was available though somehow she went from spayed to unspayed in that time. Siobhan Fyres's family was able to adopt her then, but that's definitely a bug. I won't need to edit the adoption agent again for a while as long as she isn't culled.

So I'm definitely seeing mostly minor bugs or bugs that I can work around but there are definitely things for them to work on ASAP. They really need to fix the preventative shot. Also, the "elevation bug" that I mentioned previously where a sim (or pet) stands inappropriately on objects like tables and dressers is one that borders on game-breaking. I freaked out a bit when I saw that one until I was able to find a workaround by removing the elevated furniture in the room. It's definitely a hassle though.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Dinocanid wrote: »
    > @haswh said:
    > mommy19959699 wrote: »
    >
    > I just posted on EA Help about merging pets into families from the gallery. Once I do they are completely black. This happens for most but not all pets. Only one other person posted there with this problem and they had mentioned the design tool causing their animal to go black. Thought I'd add this here in case anyone else has this problem. No mods installed.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I had the same thing happen to me today! I made my cat and my grand dogs and when I downloaded to play they all turned black. I thought well that's odd. I also am disappointed as I worked hard to make them look just right! Hopefully this will get solved soon. :/
    >
    > Edit to add that I couldn't get my cat just the way I wanted because she has one side of her face black and one side brown, split right down the middle. There is no way I can figure out how to change only one side of anything in CAP. Very sad for me as I wanted to make her like my cat. :'(:'(

There is a way to turn off mirror paint. In paint mode, there are two icons available on the right side of the box.

Thank you I will try that and see if it helps. Guess I will have to start over. :)
  • Options
    nyny29nyny29 Posts: 124 Member
    Just read all the summary of issues reported in this thread so far.... Mine doesnt seem to be there. Well I cant play with this expension pack and try it, because my animals keep disappearing from the game. Everytime I adopt an animal, the adoption lady comes with the animal and the cage... them the animal appears, wow so cute. Then within 2 minutes, the animal is nowhere to be found. Ive tried 4 differents loading game, different animal, different adoption person coming etc... And I live in a super small apartment, they are not there! I end up not being able to do anything with them.... Are we supposed to be able to click on a pet's object to interact?? Like a toy where a can click and do something like ''play with Fluffy'' or ''call for food''???? I have no option AT ALL to call or find/interact with my pets or at least to help me find them :( Im super sad
  • Options
    MajestykMajestyk Posts: 2,624 Member
    So, *ARE* pets meant to interact together or not? I have had pretty much 0 pet to pet interaction on my game unless my sim directed them to "Be nice", and it really bothers me because irl cats and dogs interact all the time. I don't even know if this is a bug or whether the developers intended the game to be like this.
    My pets (dog and cat) have been interacting. They've played at least once and even got into a fight. Not sure why maybe because they were hungry and the food bowls were next to one another when I called them to their food bowls.
  • Options
    lyssanlyssan Posts: 53 Member
    My vet clinic is absolutely broken. I can treat all of the animals, however I cannot take payment for the treatment... So once I am done, not only I lose money but also rating (as I have to turn pets I just treated down). It happens both on my own clinic lot and in Maxis ones. No mods, no CC, 100% vanilla game that has never had any of these installed. The worst thing is that each vet clinit I buy works for a day or two and then suddenly stops... Repairing game, travelling to a different lot, selling and rebuying, none of that works. For me that is a game breaking bug. FFS. Expansion is basically not funcional in its biggest part...
  • Options
    StoneNumber7StoneNumber7 Posts: 199 Member
    @GreenStrassa my cat and dog seam to play all the time... i have never told them to they just both have the trait that makes them like to play
  • Options
    MajestykMajestyk Posts: 2,624 Member
    When creating stuff at the vet lab post (I don't remember what its called) my main sim makes it then stops after it "finishes" but it acts like it isn't finished and gives me the option to scrap it or put it into the objects inventory or mine. So I pretty much have to do it one at a time and micro manage.
    I created a new Sim to marry into the household brought him over to the vets office set him to craft expecting the same thing but he actually finished his and auto put away. Being abl3 to make make treats at a higher level would be great but I'm just happy I can set up a queue now
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Mirandanik wrote: »
    I'm seeing some people post about disappearing furniture, that might actually be the recent Patch and not the Pets game. After the patch for some reason ALL my CC beds when I placed them were invisible and it was like they weren't there. The first time this happened I tried ten times then when I logged back in I had ten beds piled on top of each other lol. So I have no idea why but I think the last patch is messing with furniture. Sadly I had to delete all my CC after Pets launches cause they were messing with my game too bad and not letting me pick up my puppies to go potty or bring in the house.

CC Beds and sofas can be batch-fixed in Sims 4 Studio.
    Stormsview wrote: »
    Hm, I went to the vet with the dog, and got a preventative shot against diseases; now the dog is constantly in red and when I ask him what's wrong the answer is that he's afraid of something :/ Did the shot make my dog chronically depressed? If so, there should be a warning that this is a potential side-effect (half-jesting here, anyone else experienced this? Is it normal? Will it pass at some point?).

Your pet could be afraid of something in the home like a statue of an animal. my cat was afraid of the cat statue that kind of looked like him. After I move it he was not afraid anymore. sometimes if you watch them you will find out what they are afraid of. They will go near it when you ask whats wrong.

Dog was only afraid of the TV, until we went to the vet. I asked him immediately after getting the shot "what's wrong" and he showed a bubble with a vet symbol. Then took him home, but he acts like the vet is there too. So his chronic anxiety is due to him thinking the vet is always with him, following him, watching him... So yeah, I kept asking what was wrong over the following days, but always got that image from the vet place. So it's as far as I can see, a natural reaction to getting the shot, but bugged because it doesn't pass. The notification says "Rocket just needs a moment to collect himself", and it did that right after it initially happened, but then just never passed.

I might have succeeded in fixing my problem now. I decided Rocket needed to face his fears, so we went back to the vet, initiated the check up, and then proceeded to reject that evil anxiety causing preventative shot. Then his profile turned "fine" again, and it hasn't returned yet. We'll see, but for now, Rocket seems to be doing well.

Nevermind. It's back.
    Gargh, this is annoying. It shows a man wearing something over his head when I ask him what's wrong. I can't for the life of me see that it's supposed to be something in my house.
    This does seem to be a stuck-buff bug. You can fix it for now with cheats: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16151546#Comment_16151546
    Moniko wrote: »
    My pets will not stop dying of starvation!!! It’s so depressing and I can’t figure out what’s going on!!
    Have you pulled out or batch-fixed (with Sims 4 Studio) your CC?
    nyny29 wrote: »
    Just read all the summary of issues reported in this thread so far.... Mine doesnt seem to be there. Well I cant play with this expension pack and try it, because my animals keep disappearing from the game. Everytime I adopt an animal, the adoption lady comes with the animal and the cage... them the animal appears, wow so cute. Then within 2 minutes, the animal is nowhere to be found. Ive tried 4 differents loading game, different animal, different adoption person coming etc... And I live in a super small apartment, they are not there! I end up not being able to do anything with them.... Are we supposed to be able to click on a pet's object to interact?? Like a toy where a can click and do something like ''play with Fluffy'' or ''call for food''???? I have no option AT ALL to call or find/interact with my pets or at least to help me find them :( Im super sad
    Are you playing CC-free/mod-free? Also, you can call pets with the whistle on their avatar, and right-click the avatar to find the pets.

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    sailorsolarsailorsolar Posts: 1 New Member
    My cat sim has been sick 2 times now (two day in a row) and my sims owns the vet clinic in the new town. So I took him to be treated the first day for his red nose and took him home and he kept falling over with no way of checking what was wrong (resetting the game worked to fix this). The second day I have taken him to the vets as he was all frozen and blue, cured him and sent him home and now he is stuck as blue and frozen. In CAS he is fine the colour he should be but in live mode no matter what I do he is blue, no way of asking what's wrong or taking him to the vet again. I have restarted the game, removed all mods and CC out of the game and folders and nothing. The other pet on the lot is fine, but has not been ill yet so time will tell.
  • Options
    DinocanidDinocanid Posts: 12 New Member
    I've noticed a broken fishing spot, it's on Deadgrass Isle. Your sim will fish in the dead fish pile, and fish will jump out of the sand.
  • Options
    mckenzie9artmckenzie9art Posts: 2 New Member
    The pet owners at my clinic don't check in, therefore my sim cannot work and treat their pets