Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Combined list of most pet issues that simmers are having

Comments

• MajestykMajestyk Posts: 2,624 Member
    Okay, seems like that preventative shot really did make my dog chronically anxious. He's in red all the time now, and at the moment I worry he's trying to drown himself in the pool, cause he won't get out :/ I really, really regret that visit to the vet! Don't accept the vaccine, guys, it'll make your pet chronically ill! (Half-jesting, seriously wondering what's up with that preventative shot)

That seems to be what a lot of people are reporting. My dog got sick and I took her into the vet. I paid the most expensive treatment and she's been fine.
    Weirdly enough both my dog and cat HATE being at the vet clinic I own which I think is silly. I was hoping to have like a pet mascot at the clinic but so not happening unless I find one that magically isn't afraid of the vet.
  • NiLLANiLLA Posts: 514 Member
    The only glitch im having is when my sim picks up her puppy, automatically theres a command to put it down. Its annoying
    Been playing The Sims since 2001. Mother to a beautiful girl.
    scdwkk.png
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Sometimes my sim suddenly stops examining the pet for some reason at the vet career ( note: their needs are all green and the pet patient is calm )
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    So would anyone recommend this expansion or is it too flawed with lots of bugs. Would Maxis release a patch quickly to fix any bugs or would we have to wait a month as the usual patches are issued?
    Kind regards James.

Honestly it's 50/50. I've not run into anything that makes the game unplayable, yet, but I kinda of wished I had waited until most of the bugs were fixed because a lot of them are super frustrating. I was impatient. Maybe wait and see if you can get it on sell?
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Kinda major issues on my end is mostly I wanna check the pets family tree and relationships ( I got the plum family tree app in one tab to keep track of my current household's cat generation ) and I wanna check out their age and traits in live mode than back and forth in CAS

A quick way to check traits is to go to your Sim(s) relationship panel and find the pets. When you hover over them, you’ll see the traits they have. :)

That's great, but I also wanna see if the family cat likes the family dog or not

I'm not certain, but I think if you have the interaction to make your pet be nice to/mean to another pet you can see their relationship bar?
  • Saunta2Saunta2 Posts: 870 Member
    My puppy eats on her own and she has learnt to pee outside. She also sleeps.
  • MajestykMajestyk Posts: 2,624 Member
    When doing a routine check up on a pet to see if it is in good health when the pet isn't healthy it acts like it is and only allows the preventative shot to be given when it needs to be treated. After you give it the shot it give a notification stating it was healthy even though it had a diagnosis instead of stating healthy.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    Hm, I went to the vet with the dog, and got a preventative shot against diseases; now the dog is constantly in red and when I ask him what's wrong the answer is that he's afraid of something :/ Did the shot make my dog chronically depressed? If so, there should be a warning that this is a potential side-effect (half-jesting here, anyone else experienced this? Is it normal? Will it pass at some point?).

Your pet could be afraid of something in the home like a statue of an animal. my cat was afraid of the cat statue that kind of looked like him. After I move it he was not afraid anymore. sometimes if you watch them you will find out what they are afraid of. They will go near it when you ask whats wrong.

we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    I am also having the place loveseat issue and I also cannot walk my dog. Every time I chose that my sim walks up to the dog and then they both just glitch and stop. And I also can't play with my pets on the couch. :(

Do you have CC sofas and bathtubs in your game? If so you should remove them as they are broken now, the new pet new animations in C&D broke them.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 169 Member
    [quote="munchoz2;c-16148933"]Wonder if anyone else is experiencing this... I have no mods, but have A TON of cc (something like 10Gb worth!). If I delete everything out of my mods folder, my Sim can pick up her pets just fine. If I put even one item in my mods folder (i.e., a painting...something pets wouldn't even interact with), then my Sim can't pick up her pets. I ran all of the Sims4Studio batch fixes, including the newest cats and dogs one, which did indeed fix other gameplay issues I was having but I can't seem to get this fixed. Repairing the game did not fix it. My Sim is living in a base game house so it isn't an issue with anything in the tray folder. Anybody have any ideas for fixing? [/quote]

I have the same problem! It is definitely a CC problem, because when I remove all CC build items from my mods folder, they can pick up the dog again. Today I'm going to check which item is the bad one. I will go room by room and start deleting the CC (there is not THAT much CC in my house, so I hope it will not be so difficult to find the broken CC item.)

Also, my kids refuse to pick up a plate and eat, but same, when I remove the CC build items, they can pick up a plate normally.

If I find the CC item, that causes this problem, I will report it here. :)
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    I'm currently having a problem with breeding my dog, my sim's dog is a female adult and I've been encouraging her to breed with my sim's friend's dog that is an adult male. They just growl at each other everytime and never once did I see the pets interact with each other. I've tried the "be friendly to" action but still, nothing :/

in the Bugs section they say a mod is causing breeding not to work . If you have mods, pull them out and test them. Check the mod section for broken mods and CC
  • carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    edited November 2017
    touchwood im not having any issues i had a few that were mod related but i have sorted it out i love it
  • SkosalgSkosalg Posts: 165 Member
    I opened a restaurant in the abandoned warehouse in BB. First time I opened, everyone showed up. After that, I can only get two employees to come at the time. Argh! It is such a nice little fish restaurant.
  • mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 169 Member
    I found the broken CC item that causes the Sims not being able to pick up their dog or child Sims to pick up a plate. It's:

mio - Murano Idea one sofa

It's such a beautiful sofa, but I had to delete it from my mods folder.

Now my Sims can pick up the dog again and the child sims are able to eat. :)
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Not sure if mentioned yet but the pet toy boxes mysteriously turn - reminds me of the evil bunny head charisma toddler toy in Sims 2 that would turn! Did not notice when they turned - maybe when traveled. Not a big deal other than one turned all the way around to face the wall so the pets could not really get to it any more - had to go in build mode to turn it - then discovered the other one had turned as well. A bit creepy!
  • ChuTanakaChuTanaka Posts: 7 New Member
    Bought the game yesterday, updated and started the game.

-CREATE A SIM - I can't create a pet in the 'create a sim' section. I can use the EP hair and clothes for my sim, but there litteraly isn't a pet creator. Also, the 'customize sex' option has disappeared (not really related to cats and dogs, but it happened at the same time)
    -NEW TOWN - I can't visit, move, or even see it. It leads to a white screen I can't go back from.
    -PETS IN GAME - I can't interact with any pet. I see them, the relationship with them drops to all red without a reason, and I can't click on them. No menus, no interaction with items (eg. cat ball).
    -ADOPTING A PET - the adoption woman comes in, drops the pet, I don't even pay for it, the pet wanders around for a while then goes away. Can't interact with it, it doesn't appear in my family.
    -PET ITEMS - I can buy them from 'pre-built' rooms, but I don't have a 'pet items' section. If I manually search for the pet item it leads me to an empty pet items section. I can find and buy normal items from this EP but not directly meant for pets (sim bed, armchair, house cleaner)
    -Also, can't interact with my fridge anymore (and maybe some other items, didn't check since I basically just can't play)

Already deleted and re-installed cats and dogs
    Already restarted pc/origin/game several times
    I don't have any mod or CCs
    I had my files checked and fixed by origin
    Already checked for updates
    Computer requirements are met
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    As of this morning, all my 'lecture pets' actions have got cancelled, with Sims claiming that they can't reach the pet to do it. Doesn't matter who they are, where they are, what they are doing... they're call shrugging their shoulders with the footprint and cross bubble.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I am unsure if anyone has noticed this problem, but it only started happening today after I downloaded C&D. I decided *not* to play a household with a pet right away and played another household of mine from before the new expansion. As I played it long enough, I noticed significant problems when I take a sim from the household and have them travel to another lot while the others are left to their own devices. I went traveling around with this one sim all day and finally went home late at night. But when I came back, the other members of the household did not take care of themselves at all like they usually do, and all of them are very miserable and many of their needs are at critical lows.

There's more bugs I've caught: one of the sims in the household was very tired bc he apparently did not sleep and had work in a few hours, so I had him take a vacation day, and he was granted one. However, this was the same day I had another sim traveling to other lots all day, and even though he was on vacation he went to work anyway as if he never got a vacation. Another bug I caught is that there are 2 sims that already have the grilled cheese aspiration and both are at the first lvl, but I can't seem to fill the goal of talking to others about grilled cheese, bc the option to talk to others about grilled cheese never appears no matter how many times I peruse through the Friendly options.

This is just playing a household *without* a pet yet, I dread to think what bugs may appear if I play a household with one. I have no mods or CC content.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • AIRMAGIKAIRMAGIK Posts: 4 New Member
    I adopted a kitten and so far she wouldn't use the litterbox until i moved it downstairs, then she got stuck on top of the cat gym thing and when i moved it she suddenly appeared on a table and wouldn't get down for her food or when you call her. I tried taking her on a trip and bring her back to house to get her off the table which worked but now shes outside the house and wont go back in tried taking the door off and i made a pet door but she won't go back inside so i guess shes a outdoors cat for now. I do have mods but only ones i use are clothes
  • ArisSimsArisSims Posts: 2 New Member
    > @munchoz2 said:
    > Wonder if anyone else is experiencing this... I have no mods, but have A TON of cc (something like 10Gb worth!). If I delete everything out of my mods folder, my Sim can pick up her pets just fine. If I put even one item in my mods folder (i.e., a painting...something pets wouldn't even interact with), then my Sim can't pick up her pets. I ran all of the Sims4Studio batch fixes, including the newest cats and dogs one, which did indeed fix other gameplay issues I was having but I can't seem to get this fixed. Repairing the game did not fix it. My Sim is living in a base game house so it isn't an issue with anything in the tray folder. Anybody have any ideas for fixing?

I'm having this same trouble too, i deleted my mods and i still can't pick my pets up.
  • ArisSimsArisSims Posts: 2 New Member
    > @munchoz2 said:
    > Oh and I don't know if anyone has mentioned this glitch either but I can't seem to place loveseats. They just disappear but then reappear once the game is restarted.

And i'm having this same trouble too. Not just loveseats, but sofas and beds too, once i place them they dissapear. Does anyone know why or how to fix it? It only happens with cc items, i have no mods.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I found the broken CC item that causes the Sims not being able to pick up their dog or child Sims to pick up a plate. It's:

mio - Murano Idea one sofa

It's such a beautiful sofa, but I had to delete it from my mods folder.

Now my Sims can pick up the dog again and the child sims are able to eat. :)

All CC sofas and loveseats are incompatible with Cats and Dogs. They should be removed.
    ArisSims wrote: »
    > @munchoz2 said:
    > Oh and I don't know if anyone has mentioned this glitch either but I can't seem to place loveseats. They just disappear but then reappear once the game is restarted.

And i'm having this same trouble too. Not just loveseats, but sofas and beds too, once i place them they dissapear. Does anyone know why or how to fix it? It only happens with cc items, i have no mods.

Remove the sofas and loveseats. For the beds, download the most recent Sims 4 Studio update and run a batch fix. A batch fix should be available for sofas and loveseats eventually but isn't yet.

Lots more on mods and CC here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16151709/#Comment_16151709
    > @munchoz2 said:
    > Wonder if anyone else is experiencing this... I have no mods, but have A TON of cc (something like 10Gb worth!). If I delete everything out of my mods folder, my Sim can pick up her pets just fine. If I put even one item in my mods folder (i.e., a painting...something pets wouldn't even interact with), then my Sim can't pick up her pets. I ran all of the Sims4Studio batch fixes, including the newest cats and dogs one, which did indeed fix other gameplay issues I was having but I can't seem to get this fixed. Repairing the game did not fix it. My Sim is living in a base game house so it isn't an issue with anything in the tray folder. Anybody have any ideas for fixing?

I'm having this same trouble too, i deleted my mods and i still can't pick my pets up.

Remove CC sofas and loveseats.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    > @PrincessVee said:
    > -Dogs in the gyms and restaurants. We don’t need them there. We should have had a “no animals allowed lot trait” or a special door, or something to prevent animals from coming inside of some community lots.

I was quite surprised to see they take there dogs to the festivals, karaoke bar and gym. I was far more surprised when the cat lady brought her cat to the gym. I kept hearing meowing and found it between the workout machines. Maybe a no pets allowed trait might be use full.
  • JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited November 2017
    > @munchoz2 said:

CC beds, sofas, counters, toilets, and bathtubs were all broken after the patch. These items all have new pet animations which are not coded into your older CC, even some CAS items are now broken. S4S ( http://sims4studio.com/ S4S is a free program you just need to register to download it) has just come out with a new version that has a batch fix for cc beds and will update again with other batch fixes as well but it will take time because so much cc was broken.

You can check out this thread to see if any of your cc is listed there. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928106/broken-mods-cats-and-dogs-nov-2017/p1

If you are running into any weird glitches you should pull your cc and play a vanilla game or test your cc in batches to see if they work in the game or not.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• LMD96LMD96 Posts: 1 New Member
    Here are all my observations thus far. I do not have any mods or cc in-game currently, I am playing with purely EA content. Removed my mods folder completely before even downloading C&D. I apologize for rambling and possibly weird grammar, I just got my wisdom teeth out, and am a little hopped up on pain pills :D

Create-a-pet:

PRO-Pets are absolutely beautiful and incredibly well done. I was able to create a dog that looks like my real life dog almost exactly. VERY pleased with this. I also found it much easier to use than the Sims 3 version. A+.

CON-I am a little surprised that while there both Goldendoodles and Labradoodles, there are no Basset Hounds? I've tried to make one from scratch, but their long bodies and stubby legs are almost impossible to replicate in game. This kind of bummed me out, to be honest, as Basset Hounds are one of my all-time favorite dog breeds, and a pretty common breed, in my opinion. Hoping maybe they will add one in the future.

Build mode:

PRO-I am LOVING the new build content. The new doors and windows are awesome. I love the little pet doors - SO CUTE!

CON-The "Good Ol Barn Door" that came with the C&D expansion pack does not seem to work. I used it all over the house, but then went through and replaced with a base game door after discovering my sim couldn't get into the bedroom, bathroom, or study. Changing the door fixed this issue. Bummed out though, because I really liked that door. Restarting the game didn't seem to fix the problem.

Buy mode:
    PRO-Again, I am loving the new content. The rumba vacuum is such a genius touch! And I love the new furniture.

CON-For some reason I cannot get my cat to use the litter box inside. I have to place it outside, or else I keep getting "Oscar wants to use a clean litter box." The box is brand new and clean, I'm not sure why he doesn't like it. Did not have this issue when I placed the same box outside in the backyard.

Play mode:

PRO-I am not having too hard a time figuring out pet needs, they get little thought bubbles above their heads with their needs.

?-My cat cannot seem to locate the litter box unless I pick him up and set him down right next to it. Does anybody know if he will eventually learn where to go potty like the dogs or if this is a bug?

?-Do puppies have the same limitations as toddlers where they cannot go up or down stairs? I've been having to carry my puppy to go down the few steps since I have a house with a foundation every time she has to potty.

CON-My dogs cannot seem to tell if their is food in their bowl. I get a "So and So is hungry!" notification, but their bowls are full. I do not have the option when I click on them to tell them to eat, so I am confused as to what I should do here.

Finally, I do like the autonomous pets. I always used cheats in S3 because I felt having to control pets in addition to my household was too much. But I agree with previous posters that I wish I could see their skill level, relationship with each other, and family tree. It seems all that could be displayed in two tabs and wouldn't be too hard to add.

Definitely looking forward to seeing what EA does soon in regards to dealing with these bugs, but I am still enjoying the game. I think once these issues are dealt with, this will be my favorite expansion pack yet!