Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken Mods: Cats and Dogs/Nov. 2017

Comments

• Options
    Singer209Singer209 Posts: 20 Member
    I'll just wait for new furniture to come out so I deleted all decor and furniture of all types... still getting and endless loading screen
  • Options
    Singer209Singer209 Posts: 20 Member
    I actually got the game to work it was my furniture I'll just wait for new furniture to come out and play the game but I still have CAS CC and I will check if my mods cause any game issues
  • Options
    DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    I bought the Cats and Dogs expansion pack at target today (50%off), but I just have it sitting on my shelf because I'm too scared to update yet lol. I just don't have the time to sort through my mods--not with college at it's peak. Still, I'm excited and it's been really nice to see everyone come together to try to help each other and transition. I'm really enjoying the Sims4 modding community, and I'm hoping to join it's ranks soon. Gotta put my python and java skills to some use, no?

anyway, anything been said about the height slides yet? That's my second most important mod as having sims all the same height is just so unnerving (especially when you play existing characters with known heights).
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    edited November 2017
    DreamaDove wrote: »
    I bought the Cats and Dogs expansion pack at target today (50%off), but I just have it sitting on my shelf because I'm too scared to update yet lol. I just don't have the time to sort through my mods--not with college at it's peak. Still, I'm excited and it's been really nice to see everyone come together to try to help each other and transition. I'm really enjoying the Sims4 modding community, and I'm hoping to join it's ranks soon. Gotta put my python and java skills to some use, no?

anyway, anything been said about the height slides yet? That's my second most important mod as having sims all the same height is just so unnerving (especially when you play existing characters with known heights).

@DreamaDove Height sliders are working as should in my game. I'm using GODJUL1's Height Slider from MTS (the recently updated, heightslidertodderfix version, to be specific). Haven't run into any problems.
  • Options
    FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    > @Locilie said:
    > Since I installed Dogs and Cats my sims can't eat anything at all. I tried to disable mods and cc and it worked, so clearly something is conflicting with the new expansion.
    > I want to play with dogs and cats in my legacy family, but the family is worth absolutely nothing without my cc.
    > Has anyone else experienced this bug and knows which mod (or can it be cc?) that causes it?
    > I tried deleting the most commonly mentioned mods in the thread but with no luck ...

I found that the sofa or couch ccs are causing the issue. Anything that disappears and requires you to go in and out of the lot would cause that issue for me

I can't even get a household to load ;[
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Options
    Wishonmeh05Wishonmeh05 Posts: 637 Member
    Anyone figure out why custom traits aren't working?
  • Options
    UnumProvident101UnumProvident101 Posts: 16 Member
    I noticed on Sims 4 Cats & Dogs that TS4 New Aging Mod: Some Hundreds doesn't work with this expansion pack
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    DreamaDove wrote: »

@DreamaDove Height sliders are working as should in my game. I'm using GODJUL1's Height Slider from MTS (the recently updated, heightslidertodderfix version, to be specific). Haven't run into any problems.

Same one i'm using. Though, i'm using the heighslider1teen file. I'll consider updating.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    Anyone figure out why custom traits aren't working?
    I’m assuming because they added pet traits but I don’t recall that much damage from the Toddler Patch. I could be wrong

Speaking of Traits:
    Rex (the one who updated Brittpinkie’s mods) also updated his singing and crossing traits as well as his custom aspiration, food, and event night. He has reblogged them. https://konansock.tumblr.com
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,759 Member
    Hopefully someone can update Drew'Shiver's various traits because I think Drew quit. Fairytale Prince/princess, Schiz, rebellious, a version of Asperger (another person also did that one), good sense of humour.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    edited November 2017
    Accidentally posted this twice.
    Post edited by BoredinTX on
  • Options
    snollersnoller Posts: 10 New Member
    > @luthienrising said:

>
    >
    > Is this with an empty Mods folder? You may also need to restore an earlier save.
    > LyricSimsz15 wrote: »
    >
    > Does the cc furniture you guys mentioned break with the patch or the pack?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Beds break with the patch; you can batch fix them in Sims 4 Studio (download the current one). Sofas break with the pack.
    >
    > And a reminder to people to please not mention any 18+ mods here! Including ones starting with a W. We aren't allowed to discuss them on these forums. You'll need to find other places for that.

What is the difference?
    Also, is there a way to handle cc if you got like +6000 CC items to sort out? My sims won't eat on their lots, pick up the animals, bath them etc.
  • Options
    snollersnoller Posts: 10 New Member
    > @zellybeanie said:
    > I suggest removing CC sofas from your homes. I might be alone, but my sims couldn’t eat, couldn’t pick up pets, couldn’t walk pets until I ditched all CC sofas from my house.
    >
    > I ran beds through the S4S batch fix and haven’t had any issues with sims sleeping, etc.

How do you find/sort out your sofas from your folder? I have over 6000 CC files and I don't know how to sort them out :'(
  • Options
    zellybeaniezellybeanie Posts: 51 Member
    > @snoller said:
    > > @zellybeanie said:
    > > I suggest removing CC sofas from your homes. I might be alone, but my sims couldn’t eat, couldn’t pick up pets, couldn’t walk pets until I ditched all CC sofas from my house.
    > >
    > > I ran beds through the S4S batch fix and haven’t had any issues with sims sleeping, etc.
    >
    > How do you find/sort out your sofas from your folder? I have over 6000 CC files and I don't know how to sort them out :'(

I didn't remove them from my mod folder, just the house my simself uses. Works fine for me as long as they're in not on the lot.
    My gameplay blog: http://zeedunsim.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Johnny17 wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble when placing sofas down after the cats and dogs update? downloaded the new game tried to furnish a house but the sofas keep disappearing once placed?
    For the couch issue, it is a CC thing. Until a batch fix comes out go to Manage Worlds and come back again to see your sofas and loveseats.
  • Options
    RaquelleRosaliaRaquelleRosalia Posts: 7 New Member
    > @zellybeanie said:
    > I suggest removing CC sofas from your homes. I might be alone, but my sims couldn’t eat, couldn’t pick up pets, couldn’t walk pets until I ditched all CC sofas from my house.
    >
    > I ran beds through the S4S batch fix and haven’t had any issues with sims sleeping, etc.

HOLY 🐸🐸🐸🐸 You're my saviour! I couldn't figure out why my sim weren't doing those. They'd just reset with their arms on their side.
  • Options
    Locilie wrote: »
    > @luthienrising said:
    > Locilie wrote: »
    >
    > Since I installed Dogs and Cats my sims can't eat anything at all. I tried to disable mods and cc and it worked, so clearly something is conflicting with the new expansion.
    > I want to play with dogs and cats in my legacy family, but the family is worth absolutely nothing without my cc.
    > Has anyone else experienced this bug and knows which mod (or can it be cc?) that causes it?
    > I tried deleting the most commonly mentioned mods in the thread but with no luck ...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > CC causes this. Please pull out sofas in particular. CC sofas are not compatible with Cats and Dogs (yet). CC beds can be batch-fixed in the newest Sims 4 Studio, but it's not updated for some of the pack-specific furniture issues.

Thank you for the answer!
    I pulled both sofas and beds out of my CC, but unfortunately the problem is the same ...

Beds you can fix and CC counters are probably causing your issue.
  • Options
    snoller wrote: »
    > @luthienrising said:

>
    >
    > Is this with an empty Mods folder? You may also need to restore an earlier save.
    > LyricSimsz15 wrote: »
    >
    > Does the cc furniture you guys mentioned break with the patch or the pack?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Beds break with the patch; you can batch fix them in Sims 4 Studio (download the current one). Sofas break with the pack.
    >
    > And a reminder to people to please not mention any 18+ mods here! Including ones starting with a W. We aren't allowed to discuss them on these forums. You'll need to find other places for that.

What is the difference?
    Also, is there a way to handle cc if you got like +6000 CC items to sort out? My sims won't eat on their lots, pick up the animals, bath them etc.

I use the tray importer to find specific things in game. It is very helpful.
  • Options
    sYoplooksYoplook Posts: 3 New Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > sYoplook wrote: »
    >
    > A lot of furniture mod is broken too, I place them down but they just disappeared
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Lots of beds are known to be broken. The new updated of Sims 4 Studio should be able to fix that for you. If it's anything else and you can figure out which items are broken, please do let us know!

I believe all cc sofa have that problem.
  • Options
    osnapilyyosnapilyy Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi!! Not too sure if this was mentioned yet - but some furniture (sofas and couches) from Severinka (TSR) are broken. If you're still having problems, try taking out this CC!
  • Options
    miker2209miker2209 Posts: 6 New Member
    Brazen Lotus's bed frames/matresess are updated on her tumblr
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,697 Member
    edited November 2017
    @luthienrising

Weerbesu's 'Moore Columns in CAS' is updated to v1.6
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=558052

Edit:
    Oops - already reported. Sorry.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    sYoplooksYoplook Posts: 3 New Member
    Is Anyone having problems picking up their pets? My Sims already become good friend with my pets, but when I try to pick them up, my Sims will then look like the picture but not pick up the pet.
  • Options
    LeiaLeia Posts: 61 Member
    When I started the game yesterday I kept getting Error reports and my sims were completely unable to pick up their pets, play with them and/or similar.
    How I solved the issue:
    I moved my sim to a cc free house and it all works fine. Add cc to the house slowly so you can clearly see what causes the problems and so on... I must admit I hate it because I have been building a new house for 3 days especially to start a new C&D family in it but... I still prefer gameplay over cc...
    I have about 6K cc though... so avoiding them is a bit of an issue so I worked a way around that works for me and might work for some of you also. Clothes CC cause no problems to me either.
  • Options
    cam543cam543 Posts: 6 New Member
    I have never used S4S before.. could someone explain how to use it to fix beds please?? :S

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top