Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is a very bad move from ea

So this happened
ewD1nwm.png

I think this is a bad move and bad sign
This just prove that the pack is lackluster and they are afraid to show it to reviewers who are welling to criticize the pack
And that they don't take well to being criticized.
i also wanted my review earlier so im not really fond of thos move
yondu-guardians1.jpg
over here i post my cc
new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
you may know me as g1g2

Comments

• Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    It does prove nothing. It is EA's choice. Lifesimmer also didn't get a copy, so? They can give the code to whoever they want. They also don't have to give the code to anyone :)
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Lots of other people got an early access code. Granted, they're the ones who aren't usually critical. And LGR has received early access before. Maybe he just didn't this time because he didn't express interest in the pack or Sims 4 in general.

I'm still looking forward to LGR's review, and going by his tweets, he doesn't seem to think too highly of it, but I still want to know the areas of improvement. I don't think this necessarily means the pack is bad anyway.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I think it's a nothing move and a nothing sign, and I think we don't need an LGR drama thread when he hasn't even made a review yet. There will be plenty to pointlessly argue about when his actual review comes out.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited November 2017
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Lots of other people got an early access code. Granted, they're the ones who aren't usually critical. And LGR has received early access before. Maybe he just didn't this time because he didn't express interest in the pack or Sims 4 in general.

I'm still looking forward to LGR's review, and going by his tweets, he doesn't seem to think too highly of it, but I still want to know the areas of improvement. I don't think this necessarily means the pack is bad anyway.

The first impressions in discords that I'm in yesterday were not that good. The fact that LGR did not get a review copy kind of makes me think like OP.
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    It does prove nothing. It is EA's choice. Lifesimmer also didn't get a copy, so? They can give the code to whoever they want. They also don't have to give the code to anyone :)

Life simmer last upload was 9 months ago i think it's reasonable for her to not get a code where as lgr is still uploading
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    mirta000 wrote: »

The first impressions in discords that I'm in yesterday were not that good. The fact that LGR did not get a review copy kind of makesm e think like OP.

I guess we'll just see. It could be a sign that the reception is bad or maybe not. I think it's inevitable that there will be negative reception, so let's just wait for the reviews.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    I guess we'll just see. It could be a sign that the reception is bad or maybe not. I think it's inevitable that there will be negative reception, so let's just wait for the reviews.

I agree. I am just waiting till Monday now, instead of watching the review today, that's the only difference. I was quite surprised with the amount of bug fixes we got before this EP, so I'm kind of confused in whether I want to buy it now or not :D
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    Honestly, I can see why EA wouldn't bother giving him an early copy to review. He is known for being very negative, he is negative 9 out of 10 times. Is it fair practice? No, but that's marketing. They are trying to sell a product.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    SunsetSimsPrimeSunsetSimsPrime Posts: 77 Member
    Honestly, I can see why EA wouldn't bother giving him an early copy to review. He is known for being very negative, he is negative 9 out of 10 times. Is it fair practice? No, but that's marketing. They are trying to sell a product.

No it called having an opinion. He isn't required to give EA a good review if he doesn't feel the game deserves a good review. That is what being a critic is about, people who receive freebies and give constantly good reviews are not independent critics, they are sales people hired by the company. If EA wants an honest, good review they should try putting out a good product. People should also be capable of forming their own opinions when watching reviews. Reviews are there to showcase the product.
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    edited November 2017
    Negative or not, many simmers watch his reviews. They are only hurting themselves by not doing it. He has been positive about sims 4 before. His parenthood gp review was glowing. Not being happy all the time doesnt mean that he's negative. Honestly i find all the youtubers who have ear piercing voices and always sound way too excited about silly things the worst. Thats the great thing about having different people reviewing we can all get someone we like and relate too.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Even though I have already played the game, I will still be watching his review on Monday. I may learn something new. I know for sure I will be thoroughly entertained lol
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Even though I have already played the game, I will still be watching his review on Monday. I may learn something new. I know for sure I will be thoroughly entertained lol

Same! Already played it and I like it overall, but LGR is always fair with his reviews, and he's entertaining to boot. :D

• Options
    NaomiSImblrNaomiSImblr Posts: 158 Member
    does it really matter that he didn't get early access. He will still do a review and be honest would you give a free pack to someone who is going to be negative throughout the review.
  • Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    I NEVER pay attention to what a reviewers thought is about - anything. One person , , so what , I can read that book , watch that movie , try that food , play that game and make up my very own mind .
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    So this happened
    ewD1nwm.png

I think this is a bad move and bad sign
    This just prove that the pack is lackluster and they are afraid to show it to reviewers who are welling to criticize the pack
    And that they don't take well to being criticized.
    i also wanted my review earlier so im not really fond of thos move

So a pack is a lackluster just because one person didn't get a review copy, even though many people are enjoying this pack? Seriously lots of people are enjoying this pack and this is a total lackluster because of a reviewer that didn't get a copy?

Anyways I am pretty sure there is a different reason, other than because they don't want to be criticized. TBH if you look at other games, there are even reviewers or youtubers that actually do more than criticizing a game that still get early copies. Blackpantaa is an example, He was a youtuber who bashed NFS Rivals so hard at ghost games and even returned a copy of NFSMW 2012 to EA because he hated the Game so much, Continuing Criticizing the game, Yet he still received early access to latest releases.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited November 2017
    Its nice to see other people getting the chance to review the game instead of the same people every time. Its kind of fair that way.

Edit: also ive found a few new youtube Channels i didnt know about before :)
  • Options
    SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member
    They have said that they sometimes rotate who gets packs as they only have so many review copies. I noticed this time around a lot of smaller simmers got codes who hadn't before. They've also opened it up to content creators of all types, not just youtubers this time around.
    There have been times in the past LGR didn't get a code, I don't believe he got one ever during the Sims 3 era - actually he was surprised the first time he did during the TS4 lifecycle and said so in the video. So I would guess he is one of the creators who got rotated out for this pack, which given that his channel is a lot more than just sims, makes sense that he would be one of those who gets rotated and only gets codes sometimes, vs someone who has a sims dedicated channel. I enjoy LGR but honestly I don't base my decision solely on his reviews and certainly not on whether or not he got a review copy.

I doubt this is some kind of crazy conspiracy. I've had the game a few hours so far and am enjoying it. Everything I've seen online looks good overall, my biggest criticism is that there should have been some kind of TNS tooltip to clarify how adoption works since it is different from other services, the money isn't taken when you call, you have to meet the pet, then click on it if you actually want to adopt otherwise the appointment ends and they vanish. And while I so far like that pets are not controllable, I would have liked an option for the portion of the ui that shows traits/learned behaviors to show up. You can see those things about your pet via social menues and such but I would have liked a summary to glance at. Seriously not a big deal though. So really, what do you think they are hiding? They gave the code to streamers, and you can't exactly hide game faults on a several hour live stream - if it goes wrong, it's live.

Judge the pack on its own merits, or at least on the merits of reviews, rather than based on who got a code!
  • Options
    Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member

Life simmer last upload was 9 months ago i think it's reasonable for her to not get a code where as lgr is still uploading

She probably didn't get a copy because she hasn't uploaded in like a year. Hope she's doing okay, but that's very likely why. And LGR probably didn't get one because he doesn't mince his words and is very honest about what he likes and doesn't like.
    ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif
  • Options
    RnM92RnM92 Posts: 222 Member
    If he's not getting them because he's criticised other packs then that's ridiculous. If they are trying to stop people criticising them then that's creating an echo chamber and and misleading the public. If every single review is positive (as in, squealing YouTube simmers who don't make a single criticism about anything) then that's not very honest. And from what I've seen there are a lot of things wrong with this pack (and objectively wrong, such as unfinished animations). I don't trust the youtubers anymore because it's fairly obvious they've been turned into an extension of EA's marketing department, so their reviews are not impartial and objective as I would expect from reviewers. I mean Super Mario Odyssey got glowing 10/10 reviews but despite that all the youtubers reviewing it still looked at the pros and cons, as did the official reviews. And many Nintendo reviewers have been extremely vocal with their criticism for dud games (eg recent Paper Mario games) but they still get review codes.
  • Options
    RubeeSimsRubeeSims Posts: 560 Member

No it called having an opinion. He isn't required to give EA a good review if he doesn't feel the game deserves a good review. That is what being a critic is about, people who receive freebies and give constantly good reviews are not independent critics, they are sales people hired by the company. If EA wants an honest, good review they should try putting out a good product. People should also be capable of forming their own opinions when watching reviews. Reviews are there to showcase the product.

If you're that passionate about opinions, why not buy each pack yourself and play them and form your own opinion instead of relying on a YouTuber who got his subscribers by pandering to the anti EA crowd?
    Tumblr
    Add me on Origin: rubeelovegood
  • Options
    RubeeSims wrote: »
    If you're that passionate about opinions, why not buy each pack yourself and play them and form your own opinion instead of relying on a YouTuber who got his subscribers by pandering to the anti EA crowd?

Are you really rich or something? I can't afford to throw 35£ on a whim just to try something out.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Truth be told, I love LGR's reviews. But I'm not sure I'd give him one if it was my product, because his last reviews were super fun to watch, as always, they're just not very informative anymore. It's clear he isn't too fond of the game and you don't want to give people free copies to do a 5-10 minute video that's primarily opinion and very little informing people about the pack. I've taken quite a liking to Deligracy's videos. She is capable of criticising things or pointing out what she would have liked to see, but I still get to see what's in the pack in a fairly informative way. So yeah .. honestly, the pack is lovely. I'm enjoying it a ton so far, so I don't think not giving him a copy means anything other than that EA probably thinks for now his reviewing isn't quite enough anymore to warrant free gifts? I don't know :)
  • Options
    HozrienHozrien Posts: 139 Member
    I enjoy his reviews and sometimes it does help me if I want a pack or not. Because, if there is very limited things in the pack and I have no use for it- I'm not gonna buy it. (fitness and bowling being a example.)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top