Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Playing Cats & Dogs EP, What I've Noticed So Far

Comments

• Options
    UniteSimsUniteSims Posts: 142 Member
    I JUST DOWNLOADED IT!!!!!!
    tell me how good it feels to be needed
  • Options
    MogopMogop Posts: 39 Member
    Can we walk the pets without a leash on?

And since we can't control the pets, is it very difficult to manage having a household with pets? (I have the autonomous? turned off for my sims as I didn't want them doing anything that I wasn't aware of)

Don't know about the leash thing because I haven't tried dogs yet. But my cats are running full speed in every direction all over the place when they're outside. :D So far I don't find it difficult (I have two cats and two kittens atm) to manage, but not super engaging either. They're fun to watch, and very cute! But I feel like it gets a bit weird when they interact with things sometimes. Because they clip a lot and teleport and then they feel less real. I don't engage as much with them when I have to do it through my sims, as I did when you could see their needs and info in earlier iterations. But they're not a hassle to handle. Far, far easier than toddlers!
  • Options
    Origin crashed on me just as it finished downloading XD
  • Options
    Sadness...
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    My food bowl keeps disappearing as soon as I leave the lot lol. Time to test my mods.

I’d look at the food mods first if you have any.
    I don’t. I have MCC, some of LittleMsSams mods, custom club activities, a few custom careers, the road to fame mod, my own no vampire restrictions mod, and that one that shell not be named mod.
    Everything else is CC.
    It could be MCC since it’s so big. I’ll be testing tomorrow since it’s really late here.

But I bought like 6 new bowls because of this bug. Thank goodness the family I was playing was rich.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited November 2017
    My food bowl keeps disappearing as soon as I leave the lot lol. Time to test my mods.

I’d look at the food mods first if you have any.
    I don’t. I have MCC, some of LittleMsSams mods, custom club activities, a few custom careers, the road to fame mod, my own no vampire restrictions mod, and that one that shell not be named mod.
    Everything else is CC.
    It could be MCC since it’s so big. I’ll be testing tomorrow since it’s really late here.

But I bought like 6 new bowls because of this bug. Thank goodness the family I was playing was rich.

LittleMsSam had to update all of her mods. The link is on her Patreon.
    MCCC has had 4 hotfix updates. Link is on his Patreon.
    All of the custom careers are broken. The only person to fix hers is Neia. New links on ModTheSims.
    “The one that shall not be named” is broken as well. I removed it from my game.

Can’t speak on any of the rest as I don’t use them.

I’ve had my game broken by small mods in the past and even by a CC item one time so check everything lol
  • Options
    sexierjess17sexierjess17 Posts: 147 Member

And since we can't control the pets, is it very difficult to manage having a household with pets? (I have the autonomous? turned off for my sims as I didn't want them doing anything that I wasn't aware of)

No. As soon as you select “Go For Walk” your sim puts a leash on the dog.

I wouldn’t say it’s difficult to have a pet. But it can get a bit annoying at times that you can’t easily identify their needs or why their icon is red. You have to either choose the “What’s Wrong” interaction, follow them with the camera and wait for a telling thought bubble, or wait until the game gives you a notification pop up similar to what they do for neglected babies.

Thanks for clarifying! Does this mean that the autonomous does not work on pets? Only sims? (sorry for the questions as I have yet to play the game!)

And is there a water bowl for dogs? The video seems to only show the pet bowls when the pets are eating. I've not seen any water bowls.
  • Options

I wouldn’t say it’s difficult to have a pet. But it can get a bit annoying at times that you can’t easily identify their needs or why their icon is red. You have to either choose the “What’s Wrong” interaction, follow them with the camera and wait for a telling thought bubble, or wait until the game gives you a notification pop up similar to what they do for neglected babies.

Thanks for clarifying! Does this mean that the autonomous does not work on pets? Only sims? (sorry for the questions as I have yet to play the game!)

And is there a water bowl for dogs? The video seems to only show the pet bowls when the pets are eating. I've not seen any water bowls.

Well the pets do what they want. If you have autonomy turned on then your sim may autonomously interact with the pet. I hope that’s what you were asking lol

And no there is no water bowl, only food bowls.
  • Options
    AprilApril Posts: 59 Member
    @Chazzzy are you using MCCC hotfix 3.9.4 with Cats and Dogs? Is the latest hotfix working ok?
  • Options
    sexierjess17sexierjess17 Posts: 147 Member

Well the pets do what they want. If you have autonomy turned on then your sim may autonomously interact with the pet. I hope that’s what you were asking lol

And no there is no water bowl, only food bowls.

I'm just worried the dogs will cause chaos when I'm not looking since I can't control them and turning off the autonomous does not affect pets. I'm already struggling with managing toddlers in the household.. lol

I guess pets don't drink water..which is strange since my husky loves drinking water..
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

Same thing happened to me. One of the bowls in my automatic feeder disappeared when I went back home.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    If your worried your pet might cause chaos you just encourage them a lot and discipline when needed then they tend to fellow your sims living habits according to what you teach them to do. For example my dog wakes my sim up everyday, she gets up put food in her bowl and goes takes a shower and does some work. While the dog goes out on her own now since shes learnt to go to the bathroom outside. It seems this dog needs a lot of attention because of her friendly trait so I got her a cat with the friendly trait and they chase one another around all day. But there are hidden traits and tons of traits you can choose so depends on the pet. So depends on the traits you choose
  • Options
    April wrote: »
    @Chazzzy are you using MCCC hotfix 3.9.4 with Cats and Dogs? Is the latest hotfix working ok?

Yes I am. I have had 2 Last Exceptions tonight but that was after hours of playing. I'm going to remove a couple more mods and see how it goes.
  • Options
    ShareeSharee Posts: 242 Member
    edited November 2017
    this happens when i put my kitten to bed.
    I did everything rosemow said and it still does it.
    2d8qule.jpg
  • Options
    ceinwynieceinwynie Posts: 162 Member
    I thought I would love not being able to control them since TS2 pets were my favorite, but after playing for 3 hours, I'm feeling weird, I love the pets, but sometimes they do nothing all day, they keep staring at some furniture, the cat does nothing all day, I know cats behave like that, but when I was able to control them, it was better I guess or maybe I just need to get used to it. The thing that is bothering a lot is not being able to see their necessities, maybe if it was like TS2 I wouldn't being feeling like I am, I thought I would love the expansion but I'm not sure anymore. =/
  • Options
    ceinwynie wrote: »
    I thought I would love not being able to control them since TS2 pets were my favorite, but after playing for 3 hours, I'm feeling weird, I love the pets, but sometimes they do nothing all day, they keep staring at some furniture, the cat does nothing all day, I know cats behave like that, but when I was able to control them, it was better I guess or maybe I just need to get used to it. The thing that is bothering a lot is not being able to see their necessities, maybe if it was like TS2 I wouldn't being feeling like I am, I thought I would love the expansion but I'm not sure anymore. =/

Well I bought my dog a toy box for outside and one for inside. He spends all day taking a toy out of one box and running across the house to put it in the other box. It was funny at first but got to be ridiculous. Once I got the notification he was hungry and wasn’t eating on his own I took it upon myself to delete one of the toy boxes lol
  • Options
    RikaraRikara Posts: 13 New Member
    for some reason the 2 dogs my sim adopted are constantly scared, and i have no idea what scares them, the house only has the bare basics so far, anyone else have the same problem or found a way of preventing them from being constantly scared? they always have a red background, and when asked whats wrong its says they're scared of "something", even had them move from one lot to another in hopes of fixing it.
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

<3 All I can say is this is a Perfect Expansion Pack, and everyone will love it. <3

I downloaded Cats & Dogs about an hour and a half after it was available in my area, it took under a half hour. I did expect longer. So I wanted to check out the world first, So I picked the first family I saw.
    The guys have a dog already, that was good because I was too sleepy to make one. One went to work and the other I forget Brent or Brant. So the couple has a girl dog a little one her name is Rosie.

Rosie Got food in her bowl and then went for a walk with one of her Family members or sims, she did well. I took her off her leash, and she ran off and got dirty in a pile of wood and dirt. But I still took her for her walk, Everything work so well you talk to your dog like you would in real life. She did some training and she learns fast. I did hire her a nanny. The nanny did try and train her. she had two baths because she likes to play in the puddle after she goes potty lol.
    I think The town is beautiful, and everything works perfectly. I love love love Cats and Dogs. I hope it stays this perfect haha.
    You can do so many things with your Pet, and its so so much new, and things to buy. you can go for a walk with them or a jog. you can also tell them who to like and who to be nice to. also, they can get in trouble with you when they are bad. so many things its a lot of fun.

When I get home today I will make or bring a family or two there and one will have a Dog the other a cat. I am not sure if I will make their
    pets or adopt, or get a stray.

We have so much and so much to do in this EP you get too excited. So just take your time. I must say they are more easy to care for then the Toddlers lol. so Yes you can have toddlers and pets and not be overwhelmed.

I really want to build, but I also want to play with Pets. I am sure Pets wins out. then I will make Homes.
    <3<3<3 Happy Birthday Cats & Dogs <3<3<3
    dT4eoW9.jpg
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    edited November 2017
    And that's why I don't buy on release. It will be up in Dec, at the earliest, for me. Got to wait and see what the Dec patch actually fixes first. Might have to wait till Jan. or later. Gonna be a long time wait for new dlc for me. Ugh.

I hate so bad this stuff is happening to y'all. The hype just isn't worth it when it comes to EPs. It makes disappointment that much harder. Good Luck. Maybe we'll see another couple emergency patches before Dec.
  • Options
    OlberOlber Posts: 80 Member
    Well, the sleeping issue seemed to have been solved after a repair this morning. Don't know what caused it and I hope it won't come back, lol. The ultra speed still doesn't work, mods or no mods, repair or no repair, but it's a San Myshuno apartment so I'm not all too surprised (even though I thought this would be fixed last update, but whatever). I actually really like not being able to play my cats and dogs. I never did that in the sims 3 anyway and the fact that they leave me wondering sometimes is something I enjoy. To each their own, I guess.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Bambooram wrote: »
    Has your pet interacted with any other pet? I'm having an issue with that... which is a huge con, hahaha.

He was trying to talk to a cat when I took him to the bar (because they're EVERYWHERE) but it didn't look like anything happened. Also, you can't click on your pet's relationship panel to find out who they even know.

Sounds like they turned them into items like newborn's :(

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    KLAlexisKLAlexis Posts: 472 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Bambooram wrote: »
    Has your pet interacted with any other pet? I'm having an issue with that... which is a huge con, hahaha.

He was trying to talk to a cat when I took him to the bar (because they're EVERYWHERE) but it didn't look like anything happened. Also, you can't click on your pet's relationship panel to find out who they even know.

Sounds like they turned them into items like newborn's :(

Yeah, unfortunately. I like that the animals are random and can have fears and obsessions. But, it would've been nice if we could at least view the pets like in Sims 2. I liked being able to follow my cat or dog around and watching them up close (even if I couldn't control them). It gave me something to do when my all of my Sims left for work/school. I guess you can do that in Sim 4 too but it feels so distant now.
    "The truth hurts, but lies kill"
  • Options
    RnM92RnM92 Posts: 222 Member
    I can't believe they released this and charged £35 for a pack with half finished animations! That's absolutely disgraceful. Where is the quality control? Also I'm not surprised at all to see some people are disappointed with the pets and finding them boring. Luckily I could see all of this coming. So glad I didn't buy it.
  • Options
    brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    The animations are annoying, my sims dog floated through the wall when my sim put it on a leash in the house and tried to take it for a wall, for a few seconds the leash was invisible and the dog was flying.
    I m not a big pets fan, I bought the EP for the new world, new stuff and vet career. Have nt tried the vet career, but I do really like Brindleton Bay and the new cas stuff and build/buy furniture. Pets, themselves, I m not that overwhelmed by, in fact I m a bit bored already. I really wish they had added something in this Ep for sims to do besides pet walking/training etc. The beach area is beautiful but sims cant go in the sea, or build sandcastles on the beach, or have a picnic., which I really miss. I m glad I bought it for the new world, but I cant see myself playing with the pets that much.
  • Options
    psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited November 2017
    @Chazzzy Bunch of dog poop in the neighborhood would at least be realistic :P
    tumblr_oz7ve3uIkz1uz57gao1_540.jpg