Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

From the Fortress: Ghost 42 - Happy Halloween & In Between 2 - Winter Blossoms

1101112131416...Next

Comments

• Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    edited April 2017
    And to pair with that last Switch story - how about Rez's background!

This was written for the short story contest here on the forum. The Theme for March was to tell the story behind a scar.

On the Inside
    inside.png?w=400&h=200&crop=1
    Some scars you can’t see from the outside. You can’t see the initial wound, the years of scabbing, the surgeries. If you’re lucky there’s only a pale line remaining once the surgeons are done with you.
    Post edited by ra3rei on
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    And in perfect fashion, a month after the last release we have a new Ghost! Lol.

Okay warning if you're reading Ghost. I've messed up my timeline a bit by accident - or rather by MCC's accident. As I say in the chapter, I went into the save to play and looked over and Julia was pregnant. Pretty impressive as they don't have a lot of autonomy time in this save, and I had no reason for them to Woohoo. I debated how to make a sibling for Max work, that was never in the plan. BUT I decided to roll with it, Damian has a pretty cool mini-arc now that I think will contrast nicely with Max. (I kind of hoped he'd get a little sister cuz Max would adore a little sister, but brother it is and that will be all the...better).

Basically the idea is that Bre and Julia were planning to have another child (same 🐸🐸🐸🐸 donor) around the time Bre got sick. That put those plans on hold. Although she'd only been cancer free for a year - they decided to go ahead anyways (for reasons that will become clear later on in the story unless you read between the pictures of today's chapter). Little Damian is just turning three now. Max is 16.

Ghost 40: Friends
    ghost40.png[
    Post edited by ra3rei on
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    :lol: "plum donor".

Also whoo, new Ghost! Must read!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    :lol: "plum donor".

Also whoo, new Ghost! Must read!

Sigh - didn't even think about the censors. Haha. Well read it while imaginging that I'm totally lost about the way to move forward - which is where I was. I have the overarching plan, but the details are rather shakey right now.
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    I've been a bit lost with my stories as well... especially Tango. I hope we both find our ways again. And if you want to talk with me about the details, we can always throw PMs at each other. :)
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Drifters House 006 - I've been sitting on this post for a while and knew I needed to get it out.

House 006 - Aubrey & Lorna Springer Pt. 1
    04-01-17_2-12-51c2a0am.png?w=400&h=200&crop=1

Lorna was a lovely teen that I found in my save file. I tried creating my own sim for Aubrey, but didn't like how any of them were turning out. So I went hunting instead. For some reason I loved Lorna's look even before I tweaked it.
    Post edited by ra3rei on
  • Options
    The next Switch is out - I wrote a bunch of Switch and Drifter this week, so enjoy my lovely lovely Drifters.

Switch 1.3 Spices and Critters
    switch31.png
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    HAPPY 500! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Thanks - it's one of those numbers you see creeping up on you and then you blink and suddenly it's here!
  • Options
    Couple of Posts I forgot to add here. Oops. This week I'm concentrating on Ghost and getting some written so that I can get back to a regular schedule. It's been really hard to write recently.

Switch 1.4 - Cockroaches and Basketball
    switch4.png?w=400&h=200&crop=1

Drifter 006 - Aubrey & Lorna Part 2
    drifter006-2.png?w=400&h=200&crop=1
  • Options
    Switch and Drifters Still - to go with me buying a house - I just can't keep up on the writing. But I need to do something to distract me from obessing more about the house.

Switch 1.5: Toddlers and Grilled Cheese
    switch5.png
    I could pretend to say leaving is bittersweet. I mean, it was the first apartment Rez and I had together. It’s where he proposed to me and we put almost as much work into this place as I had into the my first apartment. But other news has pushed any chance of melancholy away. We’re expecting.
  • Options
    And a companion post to the last one since Drifters and Switch are aging up together. :D

Drifter 006: Aubrey & Lorna Part 3
    drifter006-3.png
  • Options
    Short Story -

I had several ideas for this month short story contest - You had to use the phrase "I'm sorry" - rocking in my head this month. All of them revolved around using one of my Death Girls. But despite several attempts none of them quite took hold, until Tuesday night. As I was falling asleep the story popped into my head and I quickly wrote the whole thing down.

Then on Wednesday...you know the FINAL day of the month. I typed it up, edited it and then had to go to D&D. I didn't manage to get home until 9:30. But I really wanted to share this with all ya'll and I managed to squeak in the time frame by 4 whole minutes. So pardon the somewhat dark images. I wish I had time to edit them a bit in post. Next time, maybe?

I do still plan to write my other Death Girl short stories, but this tale of revenge seemed to be the best for this month. Enjoy! (Oh and there is a violence and language warning on this story).

For Lucy
    lucy.png?w=400&h=200&crop=1
    Kyle’s palms were sweaty as he checked his watch. Still 10:42. He gripped the case tighter, eyes bouncing around the dark alley. Looking everywhere but the small dark shadow near the dumpster’s lid.
  • Options
    Hmmm, I seem to be missing the Chapter 1 post from the Alien Adoption Challenge Story: Children From the Stars.

Chapter 1
    stars3.png
    Penelope Curious Pigglewiggle here. Today the chief called me into his office. It was pretty nerve wracking. I’ve only been on the force for a couple weeks. Barely enough to learn how the coffee maker worked. But I wasn’t in trouble. Instead, the chief told me he had a special assignment for me.

Chapter 2
    stars2.png
    Yesterday at this time Blaze Jang had been arriving at the courthouse to learn his new duties. Today? Well today, he had a new house in Oasis Springs and a new job. And it wasn’t Jury Duty.
  • Options
    And let's catch up on Blaze's childhood - since we last left him a tiny toddler.

Drifter House 006 - Aubrey & Lorna Pt 4
    drifter006-4-1.png?w=400&h=200&crop=1
  • Options
    Weekly Update

This week saw drifter updates and a new Star Children Chapter. It's a week of Toddler cuteness overload!

Children From the Stars - Chapter 3
    children3.png?w=400&h=200&crop=1

Drifter House 006 - Aubrey & Lorna Pt5
    drifter006-4.png?w=400&h=200&crop=1

Drifter House 006 - Aubrey & Lorna Pt6

drifter006-6.png?w=400&h=200&crop=1

Drifter House 006 - Aubrey & Lorna Pt7
    drifter006-7.png?w=400&h=200&crop=1

• Options
    Might as well try posting this here too? Maybe folks would like a non-wordpress place to comment.

Who's Who - Huffmans Gen 2.5

Huffman Legacy Gen 2.5: Life In Between - A New Year
    between-1.png
  • Options
    And now for the update on my other story. Ghost of a Chance. AKA Monday's releases.

Ghost 41: Anniversary
    ghost41.png

Let's get back into the swing of things with Max, James, and Julia!
  • Options
    Oh! Somehow I missed posting the Huffmans here on Thursday so double update! Lol.

That said, I fear this place will always be the last to learn of new updates. If you can't wait, try out my twitter (raerei).

Huffman Legacy 2.5 - Life In Between 2 - Winter Blossoms
    between-2-5.png

A Ghost of Chance 42 - Happy Halloween
    ghost42.png