Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

From the Fortress: Ghost 42 - Happy Halloween & In Between 2 - Winter Blossoms

Comments

• Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    I'm glad you approve, @Marialein ! I struggled for a while to figure out why it was taking them so long to get the flowers to bloom. I mean I know I need her to have max gardening and herbalism, but that's only for the challenge, not for the story. And since she grabbed the flower as a teen - I've been struggling as to how to realistically make it take a decent amount of time. Haha. At first Julia was going to figure it out in grad school through reading Greek Mythology, but then the baby happened and she never took that class, I guess. Lol. Luckily James figured it out for all of us! Now they just need to determine how much blood it needs!
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Okay, not really an update, but I wanted to take a second to look back on ghost. With gen 2 on the scene now, I'm caught up with my challenge save as well. So I included pictures of things that could have happened, as well as some fun mistakes.

Everyone, thanks so much for following along with this crazy ride.

Ghost - Looking Back
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    Most annoying thing about screenshotting for A Ghost of a Chance? The main bedroom is facing the West. That means until it's fully fully dark (around 9-10 pm) I can't cheat take any "night" shots.

Waiting for Night...
    GXYe41U.png
  • Options
    And we are back, although not with another four posts in a row. Last week was an aberration. My hope is to sneak in a Huffmans and ISBI again soon.

Warning my darker themes are officially starting. Nothing you won't see coming, but it's it a few harder themes.

Ghost 32- What She Said
    ghost32.png

Max watched as James set up his side of the army carefully picking up each ‘soldier’ and placing them in line. Sometimes it took James two or three tries to move the toys.
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    Oh no. Bre :s I hope she get well. I really hope it. Beautifully written as always. And you mentioned my story yay <3
  • Options
    Marialein wrote: »
    Oh no. Bre :s I hope she get well. I really hope it. Beautifully written as always. And you mentioned my story yay <3

Ah! I totally forgot to put a link to it in the credits! Oops. I'll fix that as soon as I can. Julia won't tell me what happened in the movie, but she wanted to tell you she loved every moment, even when it made her cry. :)
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    edited October 2016
    ra3rei wrote: »
    Marialein wrote: »

Ah! I totally forgot to put a link to it in the credits! Oops. I'll fix that as soon as I can. Julia won't tell me what happened in the movie, but she wanted to tell you she loved every moment, even when it made her cry. :)

I have to say that she is really right about the ending ;) (But cause this is an ambrosia challenge its obvious)
  • Options
    Still no Huffmans or Biblioteque - But I couldn't leave ya'll hanging too long on what Julia said. We learn a little more today.

Ghost 33: Repercussions
    ghost33.png
    Julia closed the door on Max’s room and headed downstairs, her heart heavy. James had been right, they needed to let the family know what was happening. But just because it was right, didn’t make it easy.
  • Options
    Oh -you mean you write other stories than ghost?! Why yes, I try. :)

Biblioteque ISBI - Basil 3.4 - The Purpose of University
    biblioteque304.png?w=400&h=200&crop=1
  • Options
    And Ghost is back - I'm always hoping to get back on schedule and failing. So well, just know I'm doing my best and feel free to whine for more so I remember to focus on it. With so much other things going on in my computer world this month it's been a challenge... Sims City Life, Skyrim Special Edition, Planet Coaster, and I started playing Stardew Valley as well.

Ghost 34: It's going to be Okay
    ghost34.png?w=400&h=200
    Max headed up the stairs and into the school building slowly. Around him, his classmates joked and chatted to each other, but there was a bubble surrounding him. Not a physical bubble for they still crowded and bumped into him as they all squeezed through the funnel of the front doors. But no one called out to him or asked him how his weekend had been. No one asked what he thought of the last VC episode.
  • Options
    And at long last the stunning conclusion to Max's Day of at school that started three weeks ago. Feel free to go back and reread it if you've forgotten what happened. I know it's been almost a month. :( On a plus side the next two chapters are almost completely written and the scene built? But then I could have said that about this one too and look where that got me. Anywho. I'll continue trying to get back in "a" swing. We'll see where it lands me.

Ghost 35 - Enough
    ghost35.png?w=400&h=200&crop=1
    As far as Max was concerned, lunch arrived not a moment too soon. The harsh buzz of the bell saved Max from his turn at reading out loud to the class. He’d been paying more attention to the leaves falling outside than the droning of his classmates so when Ms. Emilie called on him to read next he panicked.
  • Options
    Okay - we're going for a new Monday Ghost Posting Schedule. Which gives me a week to screenshot. This last post needed that since it's a lot of photoshopping (err...gimping since I don't use photoshop) - and a lot of special effects. Enjoy!

Ghost 36: The Ringing of Bells
    ghost36.png?w=400&h=200&crop=1
    The glade was perfect. Max was in a completely different world. The crunch of leaves underfoot didn’t seem to scare away the birds for they sang all around him. Squirrels ran across the path, nuts in paw, completely ignoring his presence. It was magical and Max walked slowly taking it all in. Until at last he reached the end of the path and the lake.
  • Options
    And the Huffman's catch us up on their crazy lives with their annual Christmas card.

Huffmans 2.19:Happy Holidays
    2016-12-20-02_15_44-shutterfly-_-5x7-stationery-card.png
  • Options
    Drops chapter off. Runs away in shame. Whispers, I'll be back very soon.

Ghost: 37 - Serious
    ghost37.png
  • Options
    See, there, you can do it Rae. Now you just need 3 weeks in a row and perhaps you'll be back on track.

Today is the lovely conclusion to our little Max arc.

Ghost 38: Time Travel
    ghost38.png
  • Options
    Two posts today since I've been catching up on my drifter challenge. Both of houses are from last year - although I didn't finish up house three until January...cuz toddlers!

House002: Casey Drifter
    House003: Jessie Drifter
  • Options
    And Starting off on house 004!

We're actually "writing" this generation.

House004: Taylor Drifter - Part 1 - Coming of Age
    drifter004-1.png?w=400&h=200&crop=1
  • Options
    Part Two for Gen 004 is up. :D

Chapter 2 Romance
    drifter004-2.png?w=400&h=200&crop=1
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    My Drifter kick continues: Part Three of Gen 004 has been released. Tomorrow will be the stunning...er well it'll be the conclusion. :)

Chapter 3 Family
    drifter004-3.png

Chapter 4 The End

drifter004-4.png

Post edited by ra3rei on
  • Options
    Brining you the latest in A Ghost of a Chance Today.

I spend all yesterday - well most of it - plotting out the teen and college years for Max and his friends and writing the chapter after this one (since this was already writing) and then I finally finally got down to the business of turning Max into a teenager. I've been half-dreading this conversation since I wasn't sure what would work for him.

That said, I've noticed he looks eerie similar to Julia. I keep clicking on the wrong portrait they are so similar. Lol.
    Chapter 39: Permission
    ghost39.png
    Max tried to ignore the relief in his grandfather’s voice, ignore the tension easing from his shoulders. It had been four years since he’d disappeared for two days and it still seemed like everyone was waiting for it to happen again.
  • Options
    I just finished off my House 005 Drifter Challenge. The posts will be coming out over the next few days.

Robin and Rowan : Art House Part 1 of 3
    drifter005-1.png

We're going with photos as a theme this generation. But a lot more than we've done previous. Enjoy the pre-kid days!
  • Options
    Surprise! I thought this was planned to come out on Friday, but nope - It posted today. Haha.

House 005 Part 2 - Toddlers and Such.

drifter005-2.png
  • Options
    And Part 3! for my difters. I'm taking a small Drifting break right now to play some other saves, but this family has been a blast - It'll be back!

Robin and Rowan Part 3
    drifter005-3.png
  • Options
    Okay - yeah - totally messed up the timing on this post. Instead of coming out at 7:xx like most of my posts, it was set to come out at 9pm. Oops. At least it's out now?

This is a new occational story related to my Drifter Challenge - the Switch Challenge. I'm folding it in with Drifter since they're related both family and challenge-wise and I don't want to have a new "category" of story.

Chapter 1.1 Tajine and Raccoons
    switch1.png
    I’m standing in front of an empty apartment at midnight. Basically, it’s a box. The landlord said the place needed some TLC and I told him I was pretty handy with a hammer. So he cut me a deal. Rent at half the price if I spruce up the place. Ha! Pretty sure I’ve been hoodwinked cuz I’m pretty sure most apartments are supposed to come with a toilet?
  • Options
    Just a quick Switch for you today - I do promise this week there WILL be a Ghost chapter. I just need the bowling pack first. I got stuck on teenagers...sigh. I should just skip over that age all together, I never know how to do teenagers.

Chapter 1.2 Mice and Tofu Tacos
    switch2.png
    It’s my last night here and I’m surprised I’m feeling so nostalgic. Don’t get me wrong most of the time, this apartment has been absolutely hell. Between the drywall, paint fumes, mice, roaches, and dripping water, I’ve wanted to tear my hair out more times than I can count. But you know it’s been my first place and I’ve had a lot of good memories here as well.