Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    @Maladi777 Another likely scenario, I fear :joy:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    winterbaby20winterbaby20 Posts: 2,413 Member
    edited November 2017
    I could not be friends with Harper. I would be afraid of her childish and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 behavior and decisions would rub off on me. Dev and rylie cut your ties with harper and go live your own life. As a line in a song goes: don't save her, she don't want to be save.
    @pammiechick are you one of those types that tries to see the good one in everyone despite the glaring, alarm ringing flaws flashing at you. I would be worried of someone trying to take advantage of your kindness
    Post edited by winterbaby20 on
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    My thoughts on this chapter:

Grr...

GRRRRRRRRR.

Also, can I just have Devin all to myself?
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited November 2017
    ;)
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    And if she works for her father, maybe she'll grow to love cooking and she can write on the side. One can hope, right?

You mean if she managed to resist the urge to swipe all napkins and silverware while she helps serve the guests?

Ha ha...yeah, I think her love of swiping will overshadow any urges to cook. :smiley:

@winterbaby20 Lol! I think my optimism came from the high I got seeing Devin and Erik almost fight! Now I'm back to reality. I believe that Harper is going to steal tips off tables, sift through the money drawer and check Zayne's wallet for good measure. This all in the name of her sweetheart. Zayne will overhear his staff complaining about what a little thief she is. Ha ha! Unless CE has something even more diabolical planned for our girl!!! ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    edited November 2017
    Karilan wrote: »

No, you can't. :angry: Either share or go! :D

Oh, Harper... For your ignorance you are rewarded with the best gif ever: true, picking up certain remarks and comes with a raccoon!
    23tiiv8.gif
    Everyone overreacted here although nobody was wrong in their accusations (well, except of Harper seeing everyone as her enemies). When she went all mad on Dev the words actually hit me, as well. He was just trying to protect her (and being insanely jealous in a very cute way)! Or maybe it's just that I can't see him suffer which I absolutely haven't mentioned several times already. Either way, he was bold standing up against Erik who seems more muscular (those three looked all so slender on the selfies it was scaring :o ). Proud of him! Hug!
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    @winterbaby20 Yeah, she would NOT be an easy one to be friends with... and I think Rylie and Devin are seeing that :/

@Karilan I think you'd need to share him with many others who love him too ;) Hehe

@pammiechick Me? Diabolical plans? Never :naughty:

@MrsRacooney Yay! Another GotG gif hehe very appropriate for this chapter :tongue: And yes, everyone reacted poorly here (except maybe Rylie!) but no one was worse than Harper :(

And yes, Erik is pretty muscular! He's a little bit shorter than Devin, but I also think he might have won if it turned into a bigger fight... thankfully it didn't!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    @CitizenErased14 I thought too that Erik didn't have the money for a ring. BUT... What if his great grandmother gave her ring to her favorite great grandson, Erik's brother. And he tragically died in a accident on the way home form her funeral. Thus Erik now has the ring to give Harper. :) What!? Really, it could happen! ;)>:)
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Karilan wrote: »

No, you can't. :angry: Either share or go! :D

:D For a moment there I was hoping he could save Harper but NOPE! Girl don't wanna be saved. Sigh.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    haswh wrote: »
    @CitizenErased14 I thought too that Erik didn't have the money for a ring. BUT... What if his great grandmother gave her ring to her favorite great grandson, Erik's brother. And he tragically died in a accident on the way home form her funeral. Thus Erik now has the ring to give Harper. :) What!? Really, it could happen! ;)>:)

Erik doesn't need to buy Harper a ring. She can just steal the one they want. lol
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    And I thought there was hope for Devin and Harper! *crying*
  • Options
    @haswh I like that Erik is not the favorite great-grandson in this scenario :joy:

@Skcaga6 One of my fave comments of the day :joy:

@simscognito Sorry :( He's way too good for her!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Skcaga6 wrote: »

Erik doesn't need to buy Harper a ring. She can just steal the one they want. lol

Yeah, then they both get arrested for robbery cause Erik has the ring and they find Erik's on drugs (not sure if it will censor the word or not). So then they spend their engagement night together in a prison cell. Harik does jail time.....coming to Netflix this spring. :joy:
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    @CitizenErased14 yeah, sad but true! :( On a high note, she's reminding me a lot of Zayne and he turned out alright in the end - even found himself an excellent wife. So there's still hope yet for Harper. :)
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

Yeah, then they both get arrested for robbery cause Erik has the ring and they find Erik's on drugs (not sure if it will censor the word or not). So then they spend their engagement night together in a prison cell. Harik does jail time.....coming to Netflix this spring. :joy:

Oh my! Do give her more ideas. They are already tragic enough.
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

Oh my! Do give her more ideas. They are already tragic enough.

Well as long as Harper doesn't go stealing drugs for Erik, they should be okay.
  • Options
    WralaiWralai Posts: 477 Member
    I was panicking that he was going to going to propose argblarf

GotG- sorry, Defenders of the Universe is so good!

This is just getting worse :'(
    170424-CeYy_jT-qip.jpg[IMG][/img]
    Click on the image above to be sent to my legacy, The Galvez Legacy!
  • Options
    Today we get the chapter my avatar is from :tongue: (Toxic or not, they're adorable, aren't they? Haha)

6.38: Done
    mGjjZtj.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    winterbaby20winterbaby20 Posts: 2,413 Member
    No they are not adorable. Ladies and gentleman i like to introduce dumb and dumber or as someone has already mention princess dumbo and prince dumbo.when you all alone and backed in a corner you are going to wish you didn't upset those bridges.
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    They're cute when you have zero context and no coke dusting Erik's nose. :p
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    Every time Harper said something nasty and cruel towards Nyla/Rylie/Devin, I just shook my head and rolled my eyes (I'm surprised my eyes haven't fallen out of their sockets from it).

Girl is insanely deep in denial. And chances are it'll be too late by the time she realizes it.

(Also, I always have this rule for arguments: the instant someone uses the "you're just jealous" schtick, their argument is immediately rendered void after that. It's a weak argument, and it's irritating)
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    Harper is soo going to get rained on with ICE cold water! And hopefully wake up and stop realizing she's the one who's doing this to herself! It's a shame if they lose that comfy apartment! Hate to say it, but I'd love to see that! It has to be done so Harper can finally realize what she's doing to herself
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    @winterbaby20 Haha I just think they both are so cute. Maybe not smart (especially her) but cute!

Harper definitely isn't showing a lot of intelligence here. Erik is making some very poor decisions too, of course. But I think if he had the right push, he might start making better ones. But it's not looking too likely with Harper around! :(
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    Maybe if Erik starts to rethink everything, then maybe Harper will too? Harper's going to have to earn everyone's trust again
  • Options
    @rednenemon don't blame you for the eye rolling one but. And it's so true about the "you're just jealous" thing (though I am sure Devin is a *touch* jealous in this case... but that's only a very small part of it!) Will Harper ever admit her own mistakes???

@tinahjalmar you feel those rain drops, huh? ;) Hehehe And interesting thought -- Erik is definitely the more sensible of the two. Maybe if he finally breaks out of his denial, she will too?
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Harper, oh, Harper...

I'm going to give you some sound bites out of your own mouth just to clarify:
    In all the time we’ve been together, I’ve never even seen him actually do anything… not even one line! So he can’t be doing it THAT much, can he? Just enough to get by.

That means you know he HAS to do them because he "has" to get by. Does this not by definition mean he's addicted?

Then in the next paragraph:
    He doesn’t let the drugs control his life. That’s not him.

But...in order to be in a good mood and "get by" he HAS to take the drug. That is controlling him.

Then later in her journal:
    I just wish I could help him. I wish I could make it so he doesn’t need the drugs anymore.

But wait! I thought the drugs weren't controlling him...you just ADMITTED that he NEEDS the drugs. They are controlling him! He's a JUNKIE! Exactly what you're hot caring friend said. :joy:
    And I wish I could help him have some around for when he does need them.

Head spinning at the pure hypocrisy in that statement from what she said earlier in getting mad at Dev. Whaaaa???? Now you're admitting to actually wanting to supply his drug habit, aka, junkie fix because you know for a fact he's HOOKED!

I'm hoping one day, you'll tell your wonderful friend, Devin, you are sorry for all the mean things you said about him in this journal. And I'll pop some champagne in your honor. I just hope it's not at Erik's funeral because, sister, you will partly be to blame, I don't care if you are a teen, most teens understand the dangers of trying to keep a drug habit going and will feel guilty over it eventually. (Poor Harper! :bawling: )
    iTvMKZ8.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top