Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't wait to see what's in store for The Sims 4 in 2018

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I am sooo hoping next year that we get a University EP (Not GP as there is so much they could add to this expansion and Imo it being a GP would limit it quite a bit) A nice big world that gets included with a GP/EP, A free world maybe dessert style or BB style seeing as BB is tiny and Cars would be a nice addition too. Moreover. I would 100% welcome a world with apartments seeing as San Myshuno ones are filled up and there isn't that many :)
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    I just hope bigger maps will be in store.. pretty please?
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    Erja888 wrote: »
    My guess for 2018:

January: Laundry Day SP
    February: Witches GP
    March: Wedding SP
    April: Big patch (including two cars)
    May: Cars SP
    June: Summer Vacation GP
    July: Big patch (including proms & school certificate celebration)
    August: Bath and Bed SP
    September: University GP
    October: Big patch (including new outfit category: Outdoor)
    November: Seasons EP
    December: Update of "Holiday Pack"

While I'd love that to be true, I think this to be too optimistic.
  • Options
    NaomiSImblrNaomiSImblr Posts: 158 Member
    I cant wait till this time next year for seasons I hope they bring it out earlier next year also does it really need to be an expansion pack like its only weather few items and festivals etc surely it could be a game pack ???
  • Options
    NaomiSImblrNaomiSImblr Posts: 158 Member
    Tbh I think adding cars to the Sims 4 is ever going to happen unless they overhaul the whole game.

If they brought cars there would be constant comparisons to the Sims 3 which was open world so made sense in Sims 4 you would have them get in the car loading screen and then get out the car after the screen has loaded. It would be a complete waste of time and would have so much negative feedback. You can size toy cars up that is enough the only difference is you cant get in/out of them which is pointless in the Sims 4 anyways sorry to be negative but I don't see the point and I don't think it will be made for some time if at all
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    Tbh I think adding cars to the Sims 4 is ever going to happen unless they overhaul the whole game.

If they brought cars there would be constant comparisons to the Sims 3 which was open world so made sense in Sims 4 you would have them get in the car loading screen and then get out the car after the screen has loaded. It would be a complete waste of time and would have so much negative feedback. You can size toy cars up that is enough the only difference is you cant get in/out of them which is pointless in the Sims 4 anyways sorry to be negative but I don't see the point and I don't think it will be made for some time if at all

Sims 2 had cars, but no open world.
    But that doesn't mean that what worked back then would work today as well.
    I mean, why would someone that is perfectly happy with Sims 2 ever play or take a look at a different Sims game?
    When Sims 2 came out, everyone that already owned Sims 1 hated the Crap out of it.
    When Sims 3 came out, everyone that already owned Sims 2 hated the Crap out of it.
    When Sims 4 came out, everyone that already owned Sims 3 hated the Crap out of it.
    All the games needed some time and the right DLCs to build their own fanbase and convince the Fans of the older games to give the new one a chance.
    At least it looks like it, reading through old threads in multiple different Forums.
    Some People still play only Sims 1 or 2 without even considering taking a look at newer Sims games. Or at least that's what they claim on Facebook.
    This could mean, many Sims 4 players never actually tried 2 or 3, let alone 1, and therefore have different expectations in a game.
    Then Again, many people on the Internet claim to have played Sims 3 and now playing Sims 4.
    Some of them seem to like Sims 4 enough that they barely touch 3 anymore, others can't shut up about how much better 3 was/is.
    To the last type of people, I would like to say one thing: "If you love Sims 3 so much and hate Sims 4 so much, why do you even bother? Just keep playing Sims 3 and ignore Sims 4. If you unsubscribe notifications and newsletters, you may not even notice it exists."