Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Brindleton Bay is pretty big!

Comments

• Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Lowkey annoyed that this bit isn't playable! Love that downtown urban sort of feel.
    Screen_Shot_2017-10-28_at_18.53.39.png
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    Beautiful world full of atrezzo. It's so small... disappointed
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    edited October 2017
    it looks like the same size as the other worlds to me. maybe the playable areas will be bigger? edit: oh a live stream?? gonna check it out later
  • Options
    ohmyohmy wrote: »
    it looks like the same size as the other worlds to me. maybe the playable areas will be bigger? edit: oh a live stream?? gonna check it out later

It is not the same size as other worlds thats the point, even base game worlds are bigger. Newcrest is a similar size but we didn't pay for that unlike BB which we will be.
    map-1024x576.jpg
    ts4-willowcreek-empty.png?itok=XxGh8kXY
    ts4-oasissprings-world.png?itok=kbzg3Pps
    windenburgmap.jpg
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    I wonder if they made the open world explorable to compensate for the small amount of lots!? Does anyone know yet if there is a secret lot?
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Ciarassims wrote: »

It is not the same size as other worlds thats the point, even base game worlds are bigger. Newcrest is a similar size but we didn't pay for that unlike BB which we will be.
    map-1024x576.jpg
    windenburgmap.jpg

ehh I don't really see what you mean, sorry. the ingame worlds are pretty small to me already : /
  • Options

map-1024x576.jpg
    windenburgmap.jpg

ehh I don't really see what you mean, sorry. the ingame worlds are pretty small to me already : /

"it looks like the same size as the other worlds to me." I'm saying that it's not the same size and yes the in game worlds are small but this is smaller is my point lol?
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2017

map-1024x576.jpg
    windenburgmap.jpg

"it looks like the same size as the other worlds to me." I'm saying that it's not the same size and yes the in game worlds are small but this is smaller is my point lol?

oo then yeah sure. but for me it feels the same cause they're already just.. small.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Well even if there is "No point" in the world it can just sit there doing no harm to anyone, can't it.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Is it just me or are the really nice looking homes always occupied with premades and the ok looking ones not?

well you can always evict the premades.
  • Options
    BabySquare wrote: »
    agustd wrote: »
    pixiejuice wrote: »
    I was hoping they would squeeze in 6-8 lots per neighborhood like in Windenburg. If you count apartments as individual lots (they kind of are), like in San Myshuno too.

Why hold back now? We know the game runs fine with more lots per neighborhood, and I don't think anybody ever complained about having too much space. Especially since every owned business requires another owned residential lot somewhere else. And especially since they've made it impossible for us to expand the worlds ourselves, this small world is always going to be small. I'm already looking at that giant 64x64 and wishing it could be 2-3 smaller lots instead.

*sigh*

Same. I wish we had more smaller lots because huge mansions in this game are impractical and such big lots are seldom used for residential purposes but I'm sure builders are happy about this so it's alright.

The only thing I can ever build on 64x64s are parks. Highly impractical lot size.

I actually build community centers on 64x64 or 50x50 lots. One 64x64 has an island paradise on it in windenburg lol (made it look like waterfalls and added places to swim, camp, fish, and what not). I really dislike them too. Anything above 40x40 is too big for me really ideally I like 10x10, 20x20, 20x30, and 30x30. I only played with these lot sizes in TS3 and TS2.

I'm actually planning to play two families on the 64x64 lot.
    I'm setting up a Teen Wolf family, and if I place two houses on that lot, I can have Deaton and Scott in the same household, so that Scott (who's still a teen) can (hopefully) work at the clinic
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    The game is definitely very beautiful to look at. Unfortunately, most of it isn't accessible.

I remember in TS3 how some complained about rabbit hole objects. I wasn't crazy about them myself, to be honest. Yet, in TS4 mostly the entire town is one big optical illusion.

Go figure.

The rabbit holes were at least mostly jobs. The only ones I think shouldn't be are the grocery store , and bookstore. Since they are stores
  • Options
    HimynameisHimynameis Posts: 336 Member
    Yeah the world is ridiculously tiny. I was expecting something about the size of Windenberg considering how often people say they need space and the fact that we only really get one world a year this seems far far too small.
    It also adds more credence to the rumor that they spent the majority of their budget on create a pet
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Imo, the solution for me is to allow me to make my own neighborhood where I can customize it to how I want it to look. As long as I am waiting for EA/Maxis to give an neighborhood heaven would freeze over 10 times. You have to be very selective in what goes and what stays. EA/Maxis has not come out and say why it will not let the end user make their own neighborhoods and this one area that Sims 4 will never get past.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »
    I was hoping they would squeeze in 6-8 lots per neighborhood like in Windenburg. If you count apartments as individual lots (they kind of are), like in San Myshuno too.

Why hold back now? We know the game runs fine with more lots per neighborhood, and I don't think anybody ever complained about having too much space. Especially since every owned business requires another owned residential lot somewhere else. And especially since they've made it impossible for us to expand the worlds ourselves, this small world is always going to be small. I'm already looking at that giant 64x64 and wishing it could be 2-3 smaller lots instead.

*sigh*

Same. I wish we had more smaller lots because huge mansions in this game are impractical and such big lots are seldom used for residential purposes but I'm sure builders are happy about this so it's alright.

The only thing I can ever build on 64x64s are parks. Highly impractical lot size.

I actually build community centers on 64x64 or 50x50 lots. One 64x64 has an island paradise on it in windenburg lol (made it look like waterfalls and added places to swim, camp, fish, and what not). I really dislike them too. Anything above 40x40 is too big for me really ideally I like 10x10, 20x20, 20x30, and 30x30. I only played with these lot sizes in TS3 and TS2.

I'm setting up a Teen Wolf family, and if I place two houses on that lot, I can have Deaton and Scott in the same household, so that Scott (who's still a teen) can (hopefully) work at the clinic

Why don't you build one house and a garage with an apartment over it. Deaton can live there (I guess he's single). That's what I did with my "Happy Days" Cunningham family. The Fonz lives above the garage just like on the show.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    liliaeth wrote: »

*sigh*

Why don't you build one house and a garage with an apartment over it. Deaton can live there (I guess he's single). That's what I did with my "Happy Days" Cunningham family. The Fonz lives above the garage just like on the show.

Mostly cause Deaton is Scott's boss, and a well established man in town. He'd probably be more well off than the McCalls are. That and I might want him to find a partner eventually ;-) Putting him up as a semi houseguest/renter in the McCalls house just feels wrong. I might make it a lean on though, with them being direct neighbors. Or having Melissa and Scott rent an apartment over Deaton's house, if I have to :-)
  • Options
    ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    I kind of like the simplicity ts4 offers, if I want something bigger I can just play ts2/3, if I want something good yet simple I can play ts4. I don't mind them keeping this game simple.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    It is interesting how different people want their maps to be.

For me the "feeling" of the map and how interesting I find the open area to be is far more important than the amount of lots. Or I don't use Newscrest because I don't find it that interesting but I let my sims live and visit Forgotten Hollow very often. I really like that map.

If I had to choose between a new Newscrest or a new Forgotten Hollow then it would be the smaller map hands down simply because I just have more fun playing in that map.

The open area is really very important to me. We haven't seen much of it yet but I am hopeful. Keeping my fingers crossed for a map that I will find interesting and fun to play in.

I am not a builder so I can see how someone who is more interested in that could have different needs from me.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited October 2017
    I'm looking forward to building a medium easily playable house on a very large lot with a huge fenced garden. Plenty of space to play and train the pets. Maybe it's because I live in the uk and we like our gardens (and our privacy).
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2017
    Lowkey annoyed that this bit isn't playable! Love that downtown urban sort of feel.

:/ all the houses to the right where that car is turning into that street is fake backdrop? Darn I could have used that space.

ETA: See the corner market building? or some sort of shop. I build those often and I could have used that corner. ETA: And not just one fake corner shops but two...all fake can't even let me have one of them.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

:/ all the houses to the right where that car is turning into that street is fake backdrop? Darn I could have used that space.

ETA: See the corner market building? or some sort of shop. I build those often and I could have used that corner. ETA: And not just one fake corner shops but two...all fake can't even let me have one of them.

Right? I mean at the very least they could have set them as rabbithole stores that we could visit to get pet supplies, or maybe even books or groceries. But no, it's just more useless space that has no reason for being there! This game needs a new team of world builders..
  • Options

Right? I mean at the very least they could have set them as rabbithole stores that we could visit to get pet supplies, or maybe even books or groceries. But no, it's just more useless space that has no reason for being there! This game needs a new team of world builders..

Exactly where in this picture is the actual active lot? I don't see it, either. This whole area is fake backdrop, the entire picture.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

It's not the world builders it's most likely the game engine itself or we d have bigger worlds.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

It's not the world builders it's most likely the game engine itself or we d have bigger worlds.

No, it's a decission about performance. Two-five lots is all the game can handle per district. They have stated they could add more lots, but the performance (Lag of loading the game and lots) would take a hit so they make the decission each time to have few lots in any area. 1-5.