Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dogs & Dogs

Comments

• Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Rae357 wrote: »
    I've always felt that cats and dogs were pretty equal in previous games, it still looks so to me in TS4. To be honest, I think cats even got a little more of attention, sice they had more toys, scratcher, and that fancy cat box for points.

They also got three cat trees, a poo disintegrator, beds or can sleep on human beds and a giant stuffed cat. Dogs got no doghouse, poo outside, beds (maybe, haven't seen any yet) but can't sleep on human beds and no giant stuffed dog.

For me it's not the things we get for them exactly(3 cats trees, are excessive), but what we can do with them. We know we can walk dogs and train them(the agility course stuff and probably sit, rollover, etc.). So far for cats we know they have toys, scratching posts, and they jump on everything. As of now there doesn't seem to be much our sims can do with cats like you can dogs, just watch them do things.

You can sleep with you cat on the same bed. You can't with your dog.

Im surprised by this, like a lot. I'm also surprised there aren't any threads on it... To me its one of those "duhhh" things like the doghouse. I do feel like the devs could have an excuse for it, technical difficulties or deadlines. But theres no excuse for no doghouses.
  • Options
    BambooramBambooram Posts: 222 Member
    Okay srsly... if they mean that they can't sleep on beds at all "because beds are too small" that's just bullpoopy.... *rolling my eyes*
    HV83B28.png
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    I've always felt that cats and dogs were pretty equal in previous games, it still looks so to me in TS4. To be honest, I think cats even got a little more of attention, sice they had more toys, scratcher, and that fancy cat box for points.

They also got three cat trees, a poo disintegrator, beds or can sleep on human beds and a giant stuffed cat. Dogs got no doghouse, poo outside, beds (maybe, haven't seen any yet) but can't sleep on human beds and no giant stuffed dog.

For me it's not the things we get for them exactly(3 cats trees, are excessive), but what we can do with them. We know we can walk dogs and train them(the agility course stuff and probably sit, rollover, etc.). So far for cats we know they have toys, scratching posts, and they jump on everything. As of now there doesn't seem to be much our sims can do with cats like you can dogs, just watch them do things.

Isn't that rather realistic though? I mean, I know cats are different, and there are even cats you can train in real life. But I feel that cats in general are known for their independence hence it's not that strange to me, that there could be less interaction with them. Still, I wouldn't say there'a less effort in creating them.
  • Options
    AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    edited October 2017

Isn't that rather realistic though? I mean, I know cats are different, and there are even cats you can train in real life. But I feel that cats in general are known for their independence hence it's not that strange to me, that there could be less interaction with them. Still, I wouldn't say there'a less effort in creating them.

there is a saying in the pet industry. "You can own a dog, but you just feed a cat." It's just a joke because all animals have individual personalities obviously but dogs are usually more obedient and cats are usually more independent. The guru's mentioned in the live stream they started with the most obvious things for pets and worked their way down to more obscure. (like walking cats on leashes)

it is funny though that they didn't see a doghouse as obvious but oh well.
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    What I don't understand is that people, who miss old features are against new ones. Yes, I want dog houses, but I mean I gladly take a roomba.

I second this comment so much.
    I really want dog houses, not because i would keep the dogs outside but because it's a classic item to me. But I'm pretty excited about the roomba too, it's nice that they will help out with messes, especially since the addition of parenthood where all my toddlers and kids just absolutely love wrecking havoc across the house when leftvunattended for 2 seconds, and it's nice that cats will be able to interact in a cute way with it.

Honestkyvwe are in a dire need of that gameplay live stream (or trailer) so that people know where they stand in terms of what's actually coming with the pack and how we can interact with cats and dogs. At this point everyone (myself included) seems to overanalyse and over exaggerate everything because it's all we have to go on :/ personally I don't really care about the vet live stream anywhere near as much as the world/gameplay one
  • Options
    fruitsmisfruitsmis Posts: 82 Member
    rinre33 wrote: »
    Honestkyvwe are in a dire need of that gameplay live stream (or trailer) so that people know where they stand in terms of what's actually coming with the pack and how we can interact with cats and dogs. At this point everyone (myself included) seems to overanalyse and over exaggerate everything because it's all we have to go on :/personally I don't really care about the vet live stream anywhere near as much as the world/gameplay one

I agree with that statement.
    I'd much rather see the gameplay stream over the vet stream as well.
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    @Dannydanbo @Bambooram @wormstache999 For those wondering about dogs sleeping in beds. I just spent the last hour or so re-watching the live stream. At 1:17:05 they say "many of the dogs can sleep on sim beds". Not sure what is meant by this and we may not find out until the game comes out.
  • Options
    BambooramBambooram Posts: 222 Member
    @Rae357 Do you think it might be referring to small dogs, since they're abooout the same size as cats(probably) ?
    HV83B28.png
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    From SimGuruSpooky:
    Replying to @your_evilqueen @davimachaado

Dogs can't sleep on Sim beds (not enough space), but cats can! Both dogs and cats can sleep on the couch, floor, and pet beds.

1:34 PM - 13 Oct 2017

2 Likes
    Divs Sims

We have been lead to believe that the tweet above is correct and they misspoke in the Live Stream.

You can find the tweet in Luthienrising's thread about Maxis Sourced Info.
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    edited October 2017
    From SimGuruSpooky:

Dogs can't sleep on Sim beds (not enough space), but cats can! Both dogs and cats can sleep on the couch, floor, and pet beds.

2 Likes
    Divs Sims

We have been lead to believe that the tweet above is correct and they misspoke in the Live Stream.

The weird thing is that SimGuruGrant used to say dogs can sleep on beds. Then he deleted the tweet and the new tweet by SimGuruJM showed up that says dogs can't sleep on beds. And now they said the opposite again on the stream :neutral:

edit:
    @Dannydanbo @Bambooram @wormstache999 For those wondering about dogs sleeping in beds. I just spent the last hour or so re-watching the live stream. At 1:17:05 they say "many of the dogs can sleep on sim beds". Not sure what is meant by this and we may not find out until the game comes out.
    I wanted to watch the scene to see if maybe people are misunderstanding and it's "can't" instead "can" but your time stamp doesn't seem accurate. They only talk about ghost pets at 1:17:05.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    From SimGuruSpooky:

2 Likes
    Divs Sims

The weird thing is that SimGuruGrant used to say dogs can sleep on beds. Then he deleted the tweet and the new tweet by SimGuruJM showed up that says dogs can't sleep on beds. And now they said the opposite again on the stream :neutral:

edit:
    I wanted to watch the scene to see if maybe people are misunderstanding and it's "can't" instead "can" but your time stamp doesn't seem accurate. They only talk about ghost pets at 1:17:05.

maybe the small dogs can sleep on beds, but the big ones can't?
  • Options
    From SimGuruSpooky:

2 Likes
    Divs Sims

edit:

I watched the version on YouTube(Sims Community) today so the times on the Twitch video might be different. https://youtube.com/watch?v=KeWUnGoCZvw
  • Options
    VeronicaHerndonVeronicaHerndon Posts: 63 Member
    I am a true cat and dogs lover in fact i love all animals. I can't wait to play sims cats and dogs.
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    edited October 2017
    From SimGuruSpooky:

2 Likes
    Divs Sims

edit:

I watched the version on YouTube(Sims Community) today so the times on the Twitch video might be different. https://youtube.com/watch?v=KeWUnGoCZvw
    Thanks a lot! Now I found the part :)
    I also understand "can". And the context was that they talked about things pets can do. For everyone who didn't watch the part they said "Cats and small dogs can be carried. Puppies can be carried. Many of the dogs can sleep on Sim beds."
    Hm, really makes me wonder why the tweets are so conflicting. I feel like this is an information the Gurus should easily know.
  • Options
    From SimGuruSpooky:

2 Likes
    Divs Sims

edit:

I also understand "can". And the context was that they talked about things pets can do. For everyone who didn't watch the part they said "Cats and small dogs can be carried. Puppies can be carried. Many of the dogs can sleep on Sim beds."
    Hm, really makes me wonder why the tweets are so conflicting. I feel like this is an information the Gurus should easily know.

I've noticed quite a bit of conflicting information over this pack. Selling pets is still something that hasn't been clarified. It was said we couldn't then it was said we couldn't in a retail setting, but could from home. I think we won't truly know a lot of the answers until the game actually comes out.
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    From SimGuruSpooky:

2 Likes
    Divs Sims

edit:

I've noticed quite a bit of conflicting information over this pack. Selling pets is still something that hasn't been clarified. It was said we couldn't then it was said we couldn't in a retail setting, but could from home. I think we won't truly know a lot of the answers until the game actually comes out.

This is one of the main reasons I will wait until the pack has been released for a week to decide if I want it or not. Too much can then can'ts from the team. I am already on the fence leaning towards pass this, because so much left out of the pack already(lot of cons already). I adore pets in Sims as I am an animal lover and always had pets my entire life (not just cats and dogs).
  • Options
    Any conflicting info may be cleared up in the next two Live Streams.
  • Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member

See, this is what’s so confusing. They said many dogs can sleep on Sim beds, yet one of the Gurus tweeted that only cats can. And I think Grant tweeted before that, that small dogs can sleep on a bed if there’s enough room. I hope they clarify this to clear up the confusion.
  • Options
    gamekitten wrote: »
    From SimGuruSpooky:

2 Likes
    Divs Sims

edit:

This is one of the main reasons I will wait until the pack has been released for a week to decide if I want it or not. Too much can then can'ts from the team. I am already on the fence leaning towards pass this, because so much left out of the pack already(lot of cons already). I adore pets in Sims as I am an animal lover and always had pets my entire life (not just cats and dogs).

I already know I'll be buying it, even though there are many things I don't like and many things I wish were included. I'd buy it for CAP alone and the breed mixer, I love stuff like that. Perhaps that's why no demo. No one would have bought the game otherwise. That's a horrifying thought.
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    edited October 2017
    I recently stopped playing TS4 to build excitement for the Cats and Dogs EP. While away, i'm playing TS3 pets and i'm trying to become familiar without controlling pets as much.

But, the Sims 3 is well fleshed out with pets and their animated so smoothly, I hope the Sims 4 pets match the same style or atleast become excessive with it, laggy and jagged animation is a big pet peeve (no pun intended lol)

Also, the Sims 3 animals are diverse too. I am a die hard fan for TS4 but TS3 makes me so nervous that i'm kind of losing it a bit LOL
    Post edited by HimRumi on
  • Options
    I recently stopped playing TS4 to build excitement for the Cats and Dogs EP. While away, i'm playing TS4 pets and i'm trying to become familiar without controlling pets as much.

But, the Sims 3 is well fleshed out with pets and their animated so smoothly, I hope the Sims 4 pets match the same style or atleast become excessive with it, laggy and jagged animation is a big pet peeve (no pun intended lol)

Also, the Sims 3 animals are diverse too. I am a die hard fan for TS4 but TS3 makes me so nervous that i'm kind of losing it a bit LOL

Did you mean that you stopped playing S4 and are playing S2 in the first line?
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    I recently stopped playing TS4 to build excitement for the Cats and Dogs EP. While away, i'm playing TS4 pets and i'm trying to become familiar without controlling pets as much.

Did you mean that you stopped playing S4 and are playing S2 in the first line?

I meant the TS3 pets, oops.
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    edited October 2017
    liliaeth wrote: »
    What I don't understand is that people, who miss old features are against new ones. Yes, I want dog houses, but I mean I gladly take a roomba.
    It's not about being against new features in general. But the Gurus always say how much work everything is and that they cut out certain things in exchange for others (like no small animals because they want to focus on only cats and dogs). So it seems like we have to decide between things. And if we take your example then it's about wanting a dog house that's one of the most basic pet things you can think of versus the option that cats can ride on a roomba which is based on memes from about 8 years ago.

I have to tell you, most people I know, don't have a dog house. In fact, even those people who's dogs are outside dogs, don't have doghouses, they have kennels. Which we can make in game. I don't think I've seen a house with an actual dog house since I was a kid, and that was almost three decades ago. I'll admit, it might be different in the US, but as far as I'm concerned, roombas are a lot more common than doghouses.

Dog houses are often used as "dog cave". Many dogs have a need for space that is their own and they can "hide away" when needed. For many dogs kennels or dog crates are used for this now as people prefer them in the house, but it doesn't have to be that way. I'm really thinking not including at least some form of "hide away" or crate for a dog is seriously lacking in understanding of how dogs work. My dog has a cage in our bedroom that's specifically for her to hide in when she's done with people. She naps in there all the time. We even have a blanket over it so it's cave like and dark enough for her. As far as I know the kennels don't function like this so they wouldn't be usable as a dog cave. Dog houses would at least have allowed for that.
  • Options
    liliaeth wrote: »
    It's not about being against new features in general. But the Gurus always say how much work everything is and that they cut out certain things in exchange for others (like no small animals because they want to focus on only cats and dogs). So it seems like we have to decide between things. And if we take your example then it's about wanting a dog house that's one of the most basic pet things you can think of versus the option that cats can ride on a roomba which is based on memes from about 8 years ago.

I have to tell you, most people I know, don't have a dog house. In fact, even those people who's dogs are outside dogs, don't have doghouses, they have kennels. Which we can make in game. I don't think I've seen a house with an actual dog house since I was a kid, and that was almost three decades ago. I'll admit, it might be different in the US, but as far as I'm concerned, roombas are a lot more common than doghouses.

What about outside cats? They would need a doghouse as well and something like a kennel would be much too large. Also if you built a kennel you could not use foundations or tall walls, it would look ridiculous.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited October 2017
    I recently stopped playing TS4 to build excitement for the Cats and Dogs EP. While away, i'm playing TS3 pets and i'm trying to become familiar without controlling pets as much.

I recently tried Sims 3 Pets without controlling them. It was a disaster. My dog's social was always in the red, so I got him a companion. The two dogs barely socialized with each other without my control. When I finally stopped forcing them to socialize, the social worker took them away.

Unfortunately, I was running a daycare at the time so she also took the toddlers and stripped me of my license. I had no idea that neglected pets=neglected daycare. Lol.