Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GRAVEYARDS coming with CATS & DOGS?

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
Do I even need to say something
Do you think there will be a proper (pet) graveyard lot type or is it just like in Forgotten Hollow?
The-Sims-4-Cats-Dogs-Create-A-Pet-Official-Gameplay-Trailer-386.jpg
a256aFi.gif

Comments

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited October 2017
    I think the one on the right (looks like a sim tombstone but with a paw print) is real, but the rest probably just deco (decayed in places).

It might be on a lot, or could just be public space. My bet is a lot though: Sims dying on public space leave urns, not tombstones. Same if you drag/place one from your inventory into the world.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Do you think there will be a proper (pet) graveyard lot type or is it just like in Forgotten Hollow?

I think it could be just a pet tombstomb
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I got really excited for a moment but I'm guessing that it is just headstones that you get when your pet dies.

A fully functional graveyard would be awesome but I'm not holding my breath :)
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Yeah, probably just special pet headstone like others have said.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Even if it is on a lot, it might be part of a churchyard (lounge/museum maybe) or other lot type.

Unless they are releasing cemeteries in the patch for Halloween.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member

That cat looks like it's doing the day of the dead challenge.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I don't think graveyards are coming with this EP, this is probably a fake pet graveyard in one of the new neighborhoods just like in forgotten hollow.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Those look like tombstones you get when your pets die. Perhaps there's three types; cat, dog and large-dog

Remember that you can make a lot generalised, then fill it with tombstones and statues and the Haunted trait. Get the Vampire pack and it looks even creepier. Voila. Graveyard. We don't need a new type of lot for that. I'd say graveyards are pretty low on their list of things to program in.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited October 2017
    I think this was just to show off the tombstone and the cool spooky cat, i dont think this means we are getting graveyards.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited October 2017
    Towards the end someone asked on the livestream if there will be pet cemeteries in the EP and the answer from the guru on the far right was, "No, we do have a cemetery but your pets won't go there."

So, sounds like there will be a cemetery in the EP, just not for pets. Maybe for Sims? I'm guessing it's probably just a strictly decor cemetary though. *shrugs*
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I got really excited for a moment but I'm guessing that it is just headstones that you get when your pet dies.

A fully functional graveyard would be awesome but I'm not holding my breath :)

No one of the gurus yesterday in the LS says there is a place in BB with these graves and you can see pet ghost there. It's some kind of lot.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    It could just be staged. Sometimes they take screenshots to make it look like something but it's not actually in the game (and this has been going on since previous Sims titles).
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    You can make one. I have one where the vampires live.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    It could just be staged. Sometimes they take screenshots to make it look like something but it's not actually in the game (and this has been going on since previous Sims titles).

Yup, its called false advertising.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    so they include a cemetery in a pets EP ?
    & it won't be for pets anyway ?

i doesn't make any sense to me

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Those look like tombstones you get when your pets die. Perhaps there's three types; cat, dog and large-dog

Remember that you can make a lot generalised, then fill it with tombstones and statues and the Haunted trait. Get the Vampire pack and it looks even creepier. Voila. Graveyard. We don't need a new type of lot for that. I'd say graveyards are pretty low on their list of things to program in.

Functional graveyards would actually help to alleviate some of the problems with death mechanics in the game, which Simmers have been expressing frustration with for a long time. You can read more about that in this thread if you haven't seen it already. Tombstone generation is really limited in TS4 at the moment, which generates a lot of unwanted ghosts who are difficult to dismiss without deleting their character. You can do it, but it's a huge chore and quickly comes to dominate your game if you play a rotational multi-generational file. Unless you're there when they die, which is hard to manage in a file like that, you won't have access to their tombstone. If there were a graveyard mechanic like in TS3 where your Sim's tombstone automatically got sent to a graveyard, no matter where they died, it would be really easy to visit the graveyard and banish Sims to the netherworld.