Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Random visitors

Im getting random people knocking on my door. I moved my sims and it didn’t use to happen before, does it have to do with the lot? I don’t think it has traits that would trigger that
21mbz47.jpg

Comments

• Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited October 2017
    My sim lives in Willow Creek and I have the same thing happening. Total strangers drop by, sometimes even random kids who my sim hasn't even met.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I'm noticing this happening a lot lately. It used to be only sims they'd met before but now it seems to be totally random complete strangers.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    My sim lives in Willow Creek and I have the same thing happening. Total strangers drop by, sometimes even random kids who my sim hasn't even met.
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    I'm noticing this happening a lot lately. It used to be only sims they'd met before but now it seems to be totally random complete strangers.

It happens to me in willow creek, but where the pancakes lived, when they were living were the roomies live or whatever it didn’t happen
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    PixelPrincezzPixelPrincezz Posts: 321 Member
    I'm currently living in Willow Creek, next to the Goths and it is happening to me as well :/
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde
    EA ID: PixelPrincezz
    90dia7ml8p6n.jpg
  • Options
    I'm currently living in Willow Creek, next to the Goths and it is happening to me as well :/

Like I wouldn’t mind it that much, but I get people that never even walk around town, not to mention every single vampire has visited me. I even thought I had the vampire lair or whatever trait but no.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    You could add the “ Private Dwelling” trait to your home to lessen the people visiting.

Oh ok thanks! I’m still curious, cause it doesn’t seem to happen in every single neighbourhood in Willow creek. I wonder if it’s a bug only affecting specific lots or neighbourhoods.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    tinkerbell3552tinkerbell3552 Posts: 104 Member
    It happens to me all the time too, both people I know and random people my sims have never met. I personally love it, gives me great opportunities to have my sims meet people. If they are busy I just have them ignore the visitors.
  • Options
    It happens to me all the time too, both people I know and random people my sims have never met. I personally love it, gives me great opportunities to have my sims meet people. If they are busy I just have them ignore the visitors.

I appreciate the opportunity to meet new sims, but having random children show up is kind of weird.
  • Options
    Could it be a glitch? Maybe something that came with City Living?
    90dia7ml8p6n.jpg
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    It's gone back to being like how it was in the original base game where random Sims would turn up to your door. It stopped for a long time but apparently it's back.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,574 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    It's gone back to being like how it was in the original base game where random Sims would turn up to your door. It stopped for a long time but apparently it's back.
    Yeah, I play rotational so I know it is not limited to certain Lots or worlds, it's all over the piggin place in my game!
  • Options
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    Yeah, I play rotational so I know it is not limited to certain Lots or worlds, it's all over the piggin place in my game!

I play rotational too, but it’s happening in this lot, it wasn’t happening before. It’s still Willow creek , but not the same neighbourhood.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited October 2017
    Yes come to think of it, it does happen to me in Willow Creek. A stream of random strangers visiting on weekends. I noticed it was happening but didn't make the connection to it being in one place. I don't remember where that household lived before moving there but I don't remember getting so many visitors turning up prior to moving to that lot.
  • Options
    Finvola wrote: »
    Yes come to think of it, it does happen to me in Willow Creek. A stream of random strangers visiting on weekends. I noticed it was happening but didn't make the connection to it being in one place. I don't remember where that household lived before moving there but I don't remember getting so many visitors turning up prior to moving to that lot.

Did you move her from lot and neighbourhood? Because I’m thinking it’s maybe the neighbourhood.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Yes, but I can't recall where she was prior to Willow Creek, I just remember I didn't get all those random visitors until I moved her to Willow Creek. It was something like 3 maybe 4 visitors on Saturdays and Sundays, none of which she knew.
  • Options
    Yes, but I can't recall where she was prior to Willow Creek, I just remember I didn't get all those random visitors until I moved her to Willow Creek. It was something like 3 maybe 4 visitors on Saturdays and Sundays, none of which she knew.

Same here, I’m also getting all the vampires to visit me. I have no trait for that. I don’t mind vampires, but it’s kind of weird when they show up every single night. Also I feel mean leaving them out so I usually invite them in and they stay at my place till really late.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Well I was living in "Okenstead" lot in Willow Creek, the 50x50 near the Spencer-Kim-Lewis family, then I moved my sim to the lot next to the Goths, is a different neighborhood and still I have random visitors, not only townies I've never seen but pre-made sims too. :/
    90dia7ml8p6n.jpg
  • Options
    Well I was living in "Okenstead" lot in Willow Creek, the 50x50 near the Spencer-Kim-Lewis family, then I moved my sim to the lot next to the Goths, is a different neighborhood and still I have random visitors, not only townies I've never seen but pre-made sims too. :/

It sounds like it’s ever neighbourhood except the one where the roomies live
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    @Orchid13 Maybe, yeah. I haven't tried living in the roomies neighborhood yet.
    90dia7ml8p6n.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Mine was the same house as this, Oakenstead! I wonder if there's some kind of hidden attraction to this house that makes visitors come?

• Options
    Mine was the same house as this, Oakenstead! I wonder if there's some kind of hidden attraction to this house that makes visitors come?

Which one is the Oakenstead?
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2017

My sim lives on the lot above Rindle Rose on the map and it still happens to me.
    Post edited by So_Money on
  • Options
    Orchid13 wrote: »

It's the 50x50 lot next to where the Spencer-Kim-Lewis family live (I think?) I had deleted all the residents for that save so I can't remember quite off the top of my head who normally lives in that house and I'm pretty sure Oakenstead is the empty one next to theirs.
  • Options
    So_Money wrote: »

My sim lives on the lot above Rindle Rose on the map and it still happens to me.

Which one is that?
    Orchid13 wrote: »

It's the 50x50 lot next to where the Spencer-Kim-Lewis family live (I think?) I had deleted all the residents for that save so I can't remember quite off the top of my head who normally lives in that house and I'm pretty sure Oakenstead is the empty one next to theirs.

Ooooh ok thank you!!
    21mbz47.jpg