Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aren't apartments suppose to spawn new neighbors?

One of my Sims moved in next to Penny Pizzas but the 3rd empty apartment remained empty. Isn't an Npc suppose to move into It?

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,463 Member
    I meant to put this under expansions.
  • Options
    UnDutchableUnDutchable Posts: 41 Member
    The Sims 4 doesn't have any kind of story progression, so NPCs won't autonomously move into houses or get married, etc.

You can use a mod like MC Command Center for this, if you want, but the game won't ever do it by itself.
  • Options
    tinkerbell3552tinkerbell3552 Posts: 104 Member
    Shouldn't it happen if you have "fill empty houses" checked in the regular game settings, though?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,463 Member
    Shouldn't it happen if you have "fill empty houses" checked in the regular game settings, though?

This.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    That's interesting. I wonder if apartments aren't flagged as part of "fill empty houses"? I've never paid close attention to it.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    basslinewildbasslinewild Posts: 268 Member
    Triplis wrote: »
    That's interesting. I wonder if apartments aren't flagged as part of "fill empty houses"? I've never paid close attention to it.

In my game it seems like apartments only fill up after a majority of the houses are filled.
    Tessa :)
    Gallery items under : TessaNicolle
    Check out my houses!
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited October 2017
    AFAIR the function to fill empty houses is deliberately slow.
    The game picks a household from your gallery to move in once an in-game week if it can find a match (number of beds fit household size etc) or create a new one . This only happens in the world you are currently playing, so if you happen to jump around that day it might spawn the family in another world.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,947 Member

This.

Yes. Fill Empty Houses setting. As it is in the gameplay settings, it is different in every game. If it is on, wait. If you're impatient, you can move sims in either from the Gallery, My Library or from Household Managment in the World Managment.