Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Brindleton Bay Lots

Comments

• Options
    ShaddBoiShaddBoi Posts: 795 Member
    ShaddBoi wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me but I have a feeling that ocean swimming and advanced beach play and all the good ideas mentioned above will not be part of this pack. That's just me guessing out loud. My gut tells me these features will be added in some kind of vacation pack.

I hope my gut feeling is wrong though :) I'm ready for the beach!

I feel like if they were part of this pack that it would be a big enough deal to have been part of the pack announcement and marketing blurb. It's not there. I imagine we'd be more likely to get ocean swimming and beach play in something more like a Seasons or Tropical Vacation pack anyway, where it's more deeply connected to the theme. The swimming is new base tech as well as new animation etc., and if in this pack, it would mean less being devoted to the pack theme.

Exactly! That's what I'm thinking too. We are bound to get another destination world sooner or later...since right now it's only granite falls...

I wish we could swim by some of the beaches in Windenberg! Some of those beaches are so beautiful and my sims would be spending way more time there if they could swim.

The coastal theme of Brindleton Bay will be a welcomed addition to the game, though. I'm excited for it!
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Can't wait to see more of this town. Wish they'd show it already.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Maybe it's just me but I have a feeling that ocean swimming and advanced beach play and all the good ideas mentioned above will not be part of this pack. That's just me guessing out loud. My gut tells me these features will be added in some kind of vacation pack.

I hope my gut feeling is wrong though :) I'm ready for the beach!

I feel like if they were part of this pack that it would be a big enough deal to have been part of the pack announcement and marketing blurb. It's not there. I imagine we'd be more likely to get ocean swimming and beach play in something more like a Seasons or Tropical Vacation pack anyway, where it's more deeply connected to the theme. The swimming is new base tech as well as new animation etc., and if in this pack, it would mean less being devoted to the pack theme.

What worries me is that not only will the beach in this pack be unswimmable but you won't be able to place chairs or other objects on the sand like with Windenburg's beach. Sims can only fish from it.
  • Options
    > @ShaddBoi said:
    > zubrowkas wrote: »
    >
    > It appears that there will be lots on the dock/boardwalk. At least one I've seen so far. There's a lot near the lighthouse with a path that leads down to a pier. The park is a lot (obviously) and it looks like there are two playable lots across from it. I wonder if any of the townhouses in the background of some of the shots are playable or just scenery? It would be dreamy to have another world with apartments but I doubt we'd get something like that.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I have been longing for apartments outside of the city as well! Would be awesome to rent in suburbia!

Yes! I was wondering if anyone else was thinking the same thing. I hope they don't just give us the apartment feature and then drop it for all other worlds. Maybe it's cause they want you to buy City Living? Don't think we'll have apartments in Brindleton Bay, but it would be a cool option to see how pets could intersect with apartment life.

Well you know the food carts are making a return in this new pack and world from City Living so who knows and these have new fish recipes.
  • Options
    > @ShaddBoi said:
    >
    > It appears that there will be lots on the dock/boardwalk. At least one I've seen so far. There's a lot near the lighthouse with a path that leads down to a pier. The park is a lot (obviously) and it looks like there are two playable lots across from it. I wonder if any of the townhouses in the background of some of the shots are playable or just scenery? It would be dreamy to have another world with apartments but I doubt we'd get something like that.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I have been longing for apartments outside of the city as well! Would be awesome to rent in suburbia!

Yes! I was wondering if anyone else was thinking the same thing. I hope they don't just give us the apartment feature and then drop it for all other worlds. Maybe it's cause they want you to buy City Living? Don't think we'll have apartments in Brindleton Bay, but it would be a cool option to see how pets could intersect with apartment life.

Well you know the food carts are making a return in this new pack and world from City Living so who knows and these have new fish recipes.

Oh I didn't know about the food carts! Thanks for that tidbit. I haven't really been following the news too closely about content...I feel like there's probably more speculation flying about than facts. All I knew about was coastal town, turret roofs, veterinarian, and...of course pets! And now food carts...
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    > @ShaddBoi said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Oh I didn't know about the food carts! Thanks for that tidbit. I haven't really been following the news too closely about content...I feel like there's probably more speculation flying about than facts. All I knew about was coastal town, turret roofs, veterinarian, and...of course pets! And now food carts...

Yep. These carts will randomly pop up in BB especially around the parks and boardwalks. One of them sells some new fish recipes. Remember also The Wedding Park in Myshuno has a Gazebo. A Gazebo is going to be located on one of the beach lots in BB as well.
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    > @ShaddBoi said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Yep. These carts will randomly pop up in BB especially around the parks and boardwalks. One of them sells some new fish recipes. Remember also The Wedding Park in Myshuno has a Gazebo. A Gazebo is going to be located on one of the beach lots in BB as well.

I didn't know about the food carts either.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    PeppermixPeppermix Posts: 231 Member
    I'd take 30 smaller lots over a few large ones any day of the week.
  • Options
    PeppermixPeppermix Posts: 231 Member
    I hope the world is "open" like Windenburg, so we will be able to walk over a larger area without loading screens.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    > @ShaddBoi said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

We don't know that the food carts will POP-UP everywhere. We can see them in the screen shots, but I suspect that they are permanent, not pop-ups. They popped-up in CL because the festivals changed and the food carts changed to match the theme.
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I would actually prefer for them to be permanent.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Peppermix wrote: »

I'd happy have a couple of 40x30s and the rest 30x20s.

Those huge 64x64s do no favours for my system performance and are unused.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    > @ShaddBoi said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

We don't know that the food carts will POP-UP everywhere. We can see them in the screen shots, but I suspect that they are permanent, not pop-ups. They popped-up in CL because the festivals changed and the food carts changed to match the theme.

I read somewhere they popup can't remember where I read that.
  • Options
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Peppermix wrote: »

I'd happy have a couple of 40x30s and the rest 30x20s.

Those huge 64x64s do no favours for my system performance and are unused.

I'm with you. I like the 30x20 lots the best. I have a great computer and don't have any performance issues on the bigger lots...I just have problems filling it. I feel like there's not enough content to comfortably fill that seemingly endless space.
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    > @ShaddBoi said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Maybe not claim it so confidently as a fact if you don't have a source. I'm following the news about this pack pretty closely and I haven't seen information about the food stands anywhere, nothing about popping up or new fish recipies. I hope you are right about the recipies though! :)
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    > @ShaddBoi said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Maybe not claim it so confidently as a fact if you don't have a source. I'm following the news about this pack pretty closely and I haven't seen information about the food stands anywhere, nothing about popping up or new fish recipies. I hope you are right about the recipies though! :)

In this picture, on the wharf, there appears to be three food stalls. I just don't think they pop in and out. I think they stay and open and close.
    You can find a bigger version of this picture in the MEDIA section.

162954.png
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    > @ShaddBoi said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

In this picture, on the wharf, there appears to be three food stalls. I just don't think they pop in and out. I think they stay and open and close.
    You can find a bigger version of this picture in the MEDIA section.

162954.png

Yeah I've seen the picture, I just don't remember seeing any guru information about them besides screenshots telling us they exist. But your theory sounds probable.
  • Options
    I want to know more about the lighthouse that was shown in the one pic. I wonder if you can actually get to it (and it's not just a backdrop). I'm pretty certain we won't be able to climb it, but it would be nice to get close to it.
  • Options
    I want to know more about the lighthouse that was shown in the one pic. I wonder if you can actually get to it (and it's not just a backdrop). I'm pretty certain we won't be able to climb it, but it would be nice to get close to it.

The lighthouse is on a lot that sims can visit. It has been reported that sims can "travel" to the top and walk around the outside. This means that if they can, it will probably work similar to an apartment building. Your sim disappears at the bottom and reappears at the top and visa versa going down. It would be a real shame to have a coastal world with no lighthouse to be able to visit.
  • Options

The lighthouse is on a lot that sims can visit. It has been reported that sims can "travel" to the top and walk around the outside. This means that if they can, it will probably work similar to an apartment building. Your sim disappears at the bottom and reappears at the top and visa versa going down. It would be a real shame to have a coastal world with no lighthouse to be able to visit.

Wow I hope that's true! That would be cool to at least be able to do that. I always wished my sims could visit that lighthouse that was across the bay from sunset valley in S3.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    > @ShaddBoi said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

One of the gurus mentioned it but it got lost in twitter. I know what I saw. I believe that Daniel was the one that confirmed this but I can no longer check his tweets cause he's blocked me. I'm now blocked by Grant and Daniel.
  • Options
    I believe that the only food stalls that pop in and out are connected to festivals. The ones that are placed in non-festival locations, again, I believe, only open and close, they do not swap out for another. A guru may have said that there will be food stalls but it is my belief that no guru said they would pop in and out.
  • Options
    ashleyl2203ashleyl2203 Posts: 322 Member
    edited September 2017
    I wish we would get bigger maps. I hope there are a lot of lots by the water. More than 2 would be great!
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I wish we would get bigger maps. I hope there are a lot of lots by the water. More than 2 would be great!

I wish for the same and it is sad we have to settle for the neighborhoods that EA/Maxis gives us. :( But I still like the town. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    KatzcKatzc Posts: 506 Member
    Yeah..I like all the photos here and there about the pets...that's great, but a lot of people are asking about the town and we get NOTHING! I sure hope all the talk about the animals isn't to distract us from the fact that the town won't live up to our expectations. I know they want to hold back some things so it will be a surprise and I like that! I still would like to see some "leaked" photos and clips of Brindleton Bay...it would hold me over somewhat and appease my curiosity over the town...Why SOOOO much secrecy? Come on: tell us about some lots, show us some homes, show us some beach scenes , give us a video of someone living there BUT keep some of it secret until it releases!! I hate the dangling carrot! LOL!