The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

more info on cats and dogs!

Found some dates for the cats and dogs ep, including the create a pet screenshots, preview and overview then final video!

https://simsvip.com/2017/09/06/sims-4-cats-dogs-sims-camp-embargo-dates-attendees/

The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs Expansion Pack
  • Create-a-Pet Screenshots – September 21st
  • Overview of Create-a-Pet – October 10th
  • Preview Video – November 3rd
  • Final Video – November 10th

Comments

• Options
    AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    edited September 2017
    Youtubers and Streamers joining the Event!!

Youtubers & Streamers
    • 8BitDylan
    • AGeekyChick
    • Andrew Arcade
    • Arsen Girl Gaming
    • AviatorGaming
    • DutchSims4Master
    • DefiFreakyBoo
    • Deligracy
    • Gio
    • Hatsy
    • The Sim Supply
    • Iron Seagull
    • jessamica92
    • Kaleidow
    • KrystinMyrieXo
    • lilsimsie
    • Make2
    • MeganPlays
    • MoonLiteWolf
    • Rao TV
    • RoryPlays
    • SpringSims
    • Steph0sims
    • The Girl Who Games
    • The English Simmer
    • TouchGameplay
    • Vixella
    • Xmiramira
    • XUrbanSimsX
    • Xureila
    • Zocker Mimi

Fansites
    • DotSim
    • L’univers Sims
    • Sims Online
    • SimTimes.de
    • Fezet
    Post edited by AmySims09 on
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    If there were no radio stations in only one expansion pack while we're ending up without it along with two game pack, I will be very upset when it happens again!
  • Options
    MikeWoolfMikeWoolf Posts: 39 Member
    I'm anxious for this expansion
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    AmySims09 wrote: »
    Youtubers and Streamers joining the Event!!

Youtubers & Streamers
    • 8BitDylan
    • AGeekyChick
    • Andrew Arcade
    • Arsen Girl Gaming
    • AviatorGaming
    • DutchSims4Master
    • DefiFreakyBoo
    • Deligracy
    • Gio
    • Hatsy
    • The Sim Supply
    • Iron Seagull
    • jessamica92
    • Kaleidow
    • KrystinMyrieXo
    • lilsimsie
    • Make2
    • MeganPlays
    • MoonLiteWolf
    • Rao TV
    • RoryPlays
    • SpringSims
    • Steph0sims
    • The Girl Who Games
    • The English Simmer
    • TouchGameplay
    • Vixella
    • Xmiramira
    • XUrbanSimsX
    • Xureila
    • Zocker Mimi

Don't forget some fan sites were able to join too. Like Sims Community and Sims Online.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    I have added the fan sites!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,489 Member
    edited September 2017
    AmySims09 wrote: »
    Found some dates for the cats and dogs ep, including the create a pet screenshots, preview and overview then final video!

https://simsvip.com/2017/09/06/sims-4-cats-dogs-sims-camp-embargo-dates-attendees/

The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs Expansion Pack
    • Create-a-Pet Screenshots – September 21st
    • Overview of Create-a-Pet – October 10th
    • Preview Video – November 3rd
    • Final Video – November 10th

Note other info like gameplay,world info etc may be released next week. CAS is the only thing embargoed. Also livestreams and trailers will be shown in Sep possibly and October. That isn't mentioned. The youtubers asked some questions for us so I expect we'll see those answered and shown next week.
  • Options
    EmberW0lfEmberW0lf Posts: 10 New Member
    Hey, does anybody know when you pay for Cats and Dogs when you pre order? I know most items that are physically delivered to you take payment when it is dispatched, however I can't find anything on TS4, thanks in advance! P.S. - Sorry if this is unrelated to the thread, I'm new to this :smiley:
  • Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    Surely we'll be getting another gameplay video before November? At least a trailer? I'm a bit sick of CAP images already. It's one thing to see the end result, it's another to see the tools in action. I know we'll get a more in-depth video in October but I'm bored to death of it until then. I'm desperate for specs on Brindleton and new build/buy content. Builders have waited ages for better roof types, etc. They should show them off!
  • Options
    dixonyt11dixonyt11 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey guys I've made video about expansion pack pls check it out ! :D

Video:https://youtu.be/TOKy-kydE3E
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    ...... The final video is getting relased Nov 10...? The day the ep is getting released? Why not like, the 9th or sooner?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    ...... The final video is getting relased Nov 10...? The day the ep is getting released? Why not like, the 9th or sooner?

Pretty sure there's always been a final video on release day? But there's also always been many weeks of other videos, blog posts, liveplays etc. leading up to that. It's generally been a full six-week marketing campaign. I imagine it will start next week - Sunday is the 1st of October, the new quarter.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    EmberW0lf wrote: »
    Hey, does anybody know when you pay for Cats and Dogs when you pre order? I know most items that are physically delivered to you take payment when it is dispatched, however I can't find anything on TS4, thanks in advance! P.S. - Sorry if this is unrelated to the thread, I'm new to this :smiley:

If you used Amazon or Origin to preorder, they both put a hold on the money until the pack releases. Then that's when the payment is finalized.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited September 2017
    Simfan923 wrote: »

If you used Amazon or Origin to preorder, they both put a hold on the money until the pack releases. Then that's when the payment is finalized.

Amazon does not put a hold on money. I have pre-ordered many things . They do not put any hold on my credit card. They don't charge you until they ship the item. You can cancel anytime before the item is shipped without being charged. EA works the same way as far as i know. @EmberW0lf
  • Options
    Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member

Amazon does not put a hold on money. I have pre-ordered many things . They do not put any hold on my credit card. They don't charge you until they ship the item. You can cancel anytime before the item is shipped without being charged. EA works the same way as far as i know. @EmberW0lf

To my little knowledge..its the financial institutions/ banks that actually freezes the specific amount of the item on your account when you make a pre order until the vendor claims the money which is usually when the item has been delivered to you ...so what you'll then have reflected in your account would be "current balance"(the total money in your account) and "available balance"( the money you can spend since a certain amount has been frozen) @EmberW0lf
  • Options

To my little knowledge..its the financial institutions/ banks that actually freezes the specific amount of the item on your account when you make a pre order until the vendor claims the money which is usually when the item has been delivered to you ...so what you'll then have reflected in your account would be "current balance"(the total money in your account) and "available balance"( the money you can spend since a certain amount has been frozen) @EmberW0lf

Amazon has never put a hold/freeze on any amount on my credit card. I can cancel the pre-order at any time before release or shipment. EA should work the same way per all the posts i'm reading . You can cancel their pre-orders anytime before actual release otherwise you will be charged
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Yes, that's how my bank does it. Credit cards operate differently it seems.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Yea I think this is the difference between credit and debit card systems. Preorders from amazon always put a hold on my debit card that is not fulfilled until it has shipped. The money is not available to use unless you cancel the preorder.
  • Options

Yea I think this is the difference between credit and debit card systems. Preorders from amazon always put a hold on my debit card that is not fulfilled until it has shipped. The money is not available to use unless you cancel the preorder.

Amazon may do things differently with a bank card. I see posts from people who pre-orded from EA using paypal and some of them got their games with EA not taking the money. I have never pre-ordered from EA so if you have any questions if they hold money contact them directly and ask.
  • Options
    AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    edited September 2017

Amazon may do things differently with a bank card. I see posts from people who pre-orded from EA using paypal and some of them got their games with EA not taking the money. I have never pre-ordered from EA so if you have any questions if they hold money contact them directly and ask.

I preordered with origin and it withdrew the money immediately so idk why it’s inconsistent. Wish it would give me a free game for once :D
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If there is no incentive to buy early, why buy early? It makes no sense to me and I can buy other stuff until it becomes available. If you got a bonus for pre-order, I'd do it to, otherwise, it seems unwise to me.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    edited September 2017

Yes, some banks do but after a certain period of time the freeze falls off if the merchant does not send in the authorization and then money is made available.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options

I preordered with origin and it withdrew the money immediately so idk why it’s inconsistent. Wish it would give me a free game for once :D

That's interesting. I wonder how others got away with EA forgetting to take the money out LOL

I have never pre-ordered with EA . Most of my EA games are on disc. If I bought any downloads I just used my credit card. I only use my credit card online. It's allot easier to get your money back that way if something goes wrong especially if someone steals your credit card. It's allot harder to get your money back on a stolen bank card rather than dealing with a stolen credit card..
  • Options
    Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member

Lool whaaat..I don't think I understand you well..what do you mean by EA NOT taking THE MONEY asin the same EA - Electronic Arts.. you mean to say that there are times when EA FORGETS to CLAIM their money when they have delivered a game.. or just certain people EA gives FREE games nd dlcs to? Did I miss a list ..Pls where's the list I wanna sign up..lol

Anyways I'm not too sure you understood completely what I said so I'm just going to be clearer... The vendors /merchants I.e - EA, Amazon, etc are NOT the ones who freezes or holds up your money on pre -orders (they don't yield that kind of power), it is YOUR BANK (if at all your bank operates that kind of system)..meaning the money is STILL in your account..it is STILL your money.. and yes you can cancel the pre-order at any given time you please whilst its still a pre-order. The merchants only claims the money from your bank when they have delivered the product to you.. in other words.. EA gets paid only when you see the game you pre-ordered in your game libary as 'ready to play' but your own bank just helps "save the money for you still in your account by freezing it" (if that's the kind of
    System they operate)

But ill agree with you.. the best (?) way to have a Clear Crystal understanding of EA pre- orders is if the concerned simmer directly asks EA Reps themselves.. that way..there'll be no doubts or confusions

P.S. please I still need the list of people EA gives free games to..or the special coding to make EA forget to collect their money from my bank when they have given me my game ..I'm sure its out there somewhere.. help a fellow simmer ..somebody
  • Options

Lool whaaat..I don't think I understand you well..what do you mean by EA NOT taking THE MONEY asin the same EA - Electronic Arts.. you mean to say that there are times when EA FORGETS to CLAIM their money when they have delivered a game.. or just certain people EA gives FREE games nd dlcs to? Did I miss a list ..Pls where's the list I wanna sign up..lol

Anyways I'm not too sure you understood completely what I said so I'm just going to be clearer... The vendors /merchants I.e - EA, Amazon, etc are NOT the ones who freezes or holds up your money on pre -orders (they don't yield that kind of power), it is YOUR BANK (if at all your bank operates that kind of system)..meaning the money is STILL in your account..it is STILL your money.. and yes you can cancel the pre-order at any given time you please whilst its still a pre-order. The merchants only claims the money from your bank when they have delivered the product to you.. in other words.. EA gets paid only when you see the game you pre-ordered in your game libary as 'ready to play' but your own bank just helps "save the money for you still in your account by freezing it" (if that's the kind of
    System they operate)

But ill agree with you.. the best (?) way to have a Clear Crystal understanding of EA pre- orders is if the concerned simmer directly asks EA Reps themselves.. that way..there'll be no doubts or confusions

P.S. please I still need the list of people EA gives free games to..or the special coding to make EA forget to collect their money from my bank when they have given me my game ..I'm sure its out there somewhere.. help a fellow simmer ..somebody

LOL yes some people have posted EA forgot to take their money. I guess you weren't one of the lucky ones :p They have given me coupons before

I know some places will put a hold on money. Amazon has never done that but i use a credit card, not a bank card. I also have prime . I have also done coffee monthly subscriptions and they only charge me when it is shipped . There is no hold on my credit card for that .