Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Brindleton Bay Lots

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Neechan1 wrote: »
    If you are referring to the lots, apparently there are 3 confirmed atm

"Brindleton Bay is a world introduced in The Sims 4: Cats & Dogs. It is a big coastal town surrounded by beaches and various pets related activities. It is based on typical New England seafront towns. Included in the world will be one 64x64 lot and two 40x40 lots."

Kinda small for a new world...

Also SimGuruDaniel confirmed to me we 'll be able to place lots near the beaches.

Where did he say this? I require proof, please, because we can not place lots on our own now, so are you saying we can edit this world? Are you saying we can decide where to place lots or did he say there are lots already near/on the beach? Please make sure your info is 100% correct before you post it.

Are you kidding me? This does absolutely no good without the specific question you asked. Again, please give all the info, not just the bit that helps make your point. He could be saying YES to any of the multitude of questions you posted.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Having trouble quoting link.
  • Options

Thank you, but a simple YES does not say we can place the lots nor does it say that they are ON the beach, just near it.
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    PS: I just found this site: https://vovogatu.blogspot.com/2017/08/the-sims-4-gatos-e-caes-informacoes.html

That apparently shows a map of the new world? Of course, I don't know if this is legit. But if we have this, I would be happy :)

I saw a Ferris Wheel hope it's rideable. Looks legit plus it shows the icon.

Update this link shows 2 64x64 lots. Now im wondering if its legit.

I'm quite sure it is not legit. And, if you look carefully, you will see that it is called Ventura Harbor.
  • Options
    Neechan1 wrote: »
    If you are referring to the lots, apparently there are 3 confirmed atm

"Brindleton Bay is a world introduced in The Sims 4: Cats & Dogs. It is a big coastal town surrounded by beaches and various pets related activities. It is based on typical New England seafront towns. Included in the world will be one 64x64 lot and two 40x40 lots."

Kinda small for a new world...

Also SimGuruDaniel confirmed to me we 'll be able to place lots near the beaches.

Where did he say this? I require proof, please, because we can not place lots on our own now, so are you saying we can edit this world? Are you saying we can decide where to place lots or did he say there are lots already near/on the beach? Please make sure your info is 100% correct before you post it.

Are you kidding me? This does absolutely no good without the specific question you asked. Again, please give all the info, not just the bit that helps make your point. He could be saying YES to any of the multitude of questions you posted.

Had issues with my phone quoting but it's fixed now.
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Good to know that there will be some good sized lots. Everyone--please read the entire thread before making assumptions. The Gurus have confirmed that there will be more than three lots. Other than that, we know it is a coastal town, with New England/Great Lakes vibe, a Lighthouse and waterfront. That's about all for now, but that in itself is quite nice to my thought.
    PS: I just found this site: https://vovogatu.blogspot.com/2017/08/the-sims-4-gatos-e-caes-informacoes.html

That apparently shows a map of the new world? Of course, I don't know if this is legit. But if we have this, I would be happy :)

The map and world icon are fan made, @FilipeSims made the map, and I made the world icon! :smile:

What the heck? Why would someone make a map? Where they just making concept suggestions, or having fun with speculation? But then, if and when it is found, it would most likely lead to all sorts of misinterpretations. It's not like you can use the map for anything...am I being dense? I apologize if there was a true purpose for this, but yeah. Perhaps it explained in the text, I should have translated the page to see. But I just hate it when folks get all excited about things like a Ferris Wheel, and then are disappointed.
  • Options
    Good to know that there will be some good sized lots. Everyone--please read the entire thread before making assumptions. The Gurus have confirmed that there will be more than three lots. Other than that, we know it is a coastal town, with New England/Great Lakes vibe, a Lighthouse and waterfront. That's about all for now, but that in itself is quite nice to my thought.

The map and world icon are fan made, @FilipeSims made the map, and I made the world icon! :smile:

What the heck? Why would someone make a map? Where they just making concept suggestions, or having fun with speculation? But then, if and when it is found, it would most likely lead to all sorts of misinterpretations. It's not like you can use the map for anything...am I being dense? I apologize if there was a true purpose for this, but yeah. Perhaps it explained in the text, I should have translated the page to see. But I just hate it when folks get all excited about things like a Ferris Wheel, and then are disappointed.

There still may be a ferris wheel since boardwalks are in the world.
  • Options

I agree. If you want to make your own concept art, that's fine, but it should be clearly labeled as such to avoid confusion. Otherwise, this happens. Some well meaning simmer finds it and thinks it's real and people begin posting about something that isn't anywhere near the truth.
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member

It's from my thread, we were creating maps just for fun, meant no harm by it and certainly didn't mean for them to be misjudged as real.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/906903/the-community-worlds-project/p1?new=1
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member

It's from my thread, we were creating maps just for fun, meant no harm by it and certainly didn't mean for them to be misjudged as real.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/906903/the-community-worlds-project/p1?new=1

What a lovely thread! I meant no disrespect to you. :) I'm glad you said that it was a concept map as soon as you saw it posted. Somehow the first post in this thread of the map was in Spanish. It seemed to lead to some confusion, but it is all clear now. Thanks for the clarification!
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member

What a lovely thread! I meant no disrespect to you. :) I'm glad you said that it was a concept map as soon as you saw it posted. Somehow the first post in this thread of the map was in Spanish. It seemed to lead to some confusion, but it is all clear now. Thanks for the clarification!

No problem, sorry for the confusion!
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    FKM100 wrote: »
    I just hope that there are more things for sims to do on the beaches. I would love it if they could swim - or even just wade - in the sea, but I am not holding out much hope for that in this EP. But it would be great if they could have a picnic, build sandcastles, sit and relax in portable deckchairs, play frisbee with each other or with a dog, collect seashells, or go for a walk together. At the very least, I hope that there will be jogging routes along the shore.

That would be fun. I miss my Sims being able to swim in the ocean and having picnics on the beach.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member

Cool thread! I like those worlds.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I'm hoping that since it's a coastal town we will get swimmable beaches. It would be awesome if it were unlocked for all worlds via a patch like Sims 3, but even if it was just for Brindleton Bay that would be a good thing. I think we almost might get quit a bit of lots. It's a thing many players have been asking for - more places to build.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Remember that swimming was only available in select areas in Sims 3. You can't swim just anywhere; that would be too much to program.

At what point would you stop paddling and start swimming?

I'm totally not saying that scuba diving doesn't sound fun. And it would probably be about ten times better this time too.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    I'm so excited to make my 3 cats in sim-form :smiley:
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • Options
    Ocean swimming is boring to me. How is it any different than swimming in a pool? They walk out into the water and start swim, this way, then that way, then they get out. Big deal. I just don't get the hoopla over ocean swimming. I would, however, enjoy more beach stuff to do, collect shells, build a sand castle, etc. Ocean swimming, nah.
  • Options
    ShaddBoiShaddBoi Posts: 795 Member
    Maybe it's just me but I have a feeling that ocean swimming and advanced beach play and all the good ideas mentioned above will not be part of this pack. That's just me guessing out loud. My gut tells me these features will be added in some kind of vacation pack.

I hope my gut feeling is wrong though :) I'm ready for the beach!
  • Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    It appears that there will be lots on the dock/boardwalk. At least one I've seen so far. There's a lot near the lighthouse with a path that leads down to a pier. The park is a lot (obviously) and it looks like there are two playable lots across from it. I wonder if any of the townhouses in the background of some of the shots are playable or just scenery? It would be dreamy to have another world with apartments but I doubt we'd get something like that.
  • Options
    zubrowkas wrote: »
    It appears that there will be lots on the dock/boardwalk. At least one I've seen so far. There's a lot near the lighthouse with a path that leads down to a pier. The park is a lot (obviously) and it looks like there are two playable lots across from it. I wonder if any of the townhouses in the background of some of the shots are playable or just scenery? It would be dreamy to have another world with apartments but I doubt we'd get something like that.

I have been longing for apartments outside of the city as well! Would be awesome to rent in suburbia!
  • Options
    HeckinGodzillaHeckinGodzilla Posts: 49 Member
    > @ShaddBoi said:
    > zubrowkas wrote: »
    >
    > It appears that there will be lots on the dock/boardwalk. At least one I've seen so far. There's a lot near the lighthouse with a path that leads down to a pier. The park is a lot (obviously) and it looks like there are two playable lots across from it. I wonder if any of the townhouses in the background of some of the shots are playable or just scenery? It would be dreamy to have another world with apartments but I doubt we'd get something like that.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I have been longing for apartments outside of the city as well! Would be awesome to rent in suburbia!

Yes! I was wondering if anyone else was thinking the same thing. I hope they don't just give us the apartment feature and then drop it for all other worlds. Maybe it's cause they want you to buy City Living? Don't think we'll have apartments in Brindleton Bay, but it would be a cool option to see how pets could intersect with apartment life.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    See, this is why I LOVE the library; stroke of genius to include it with this game - presuming the whole world has enough lots of the right size, I can just take my residential and community lots from my library, plonk them down in world and move my sims and their lives to the new location.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited September 2017
    ShaddBoi wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me but I have a feeling that ocean swimming and advanced beach play and all the good ideas mentioned above will not be part of this pack. That's just me guessing out loud. My gut tells me these features will be added in some kind of vacation pack.

I feel like if they were part of this pack that it would be a big enough deal to have been part of the pack announcement and marketing blurb. It's not there. I imagine we'd be more likely to get ocean swimming and beach play in something more like a Seasons or Tropical Vacation pack anyway, where it's more deeply connected to the theme. The swimming is new base tech as well as new animation etc., and if in this pack, it would mean less being devoted to the pack theme.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ShaddBoi wrote: »

I feel like if they were part of this pack that it would be a big enough deal to have been part of the pack announcement and marketing blurb. It's not there. I imagine we'd be more likely to get ocean swimming and beach play in something more like a Seasons or Tropical Vacation pack anyway, where it's more deeply connected to the theme. The swimming is new base tech as well as new animation etc., and if in this pack, it would mean less being devoted to the pack theme.

Exactly! That's what I'm thinking too. We are bound to get another destination world sooner or later...since right now it's only granite falls...

I wish we could swim by some of the beaches in Windenberg! Some of those beaches are so beautiful and my sims would be spending way more time there if they could swim.

The coastal theme of Brindleton Bay will be a welcomed addition to the game, though. I'm excited for it!