Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why I Think Pre-Teens Wouldn't be Fun

Comments

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    FloppyFish wrote: »
    And uni will eventually be added most likely? ANd the aesthetic purposes???

Most likely university will be added unless they decide not to make it.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Just in case someone is listening I think i would cast my vote to young teen as opposed to preteen which "to me" is anyone before the age of 13. They did it for UNI with young adult so that's why i feel this way. Plus I'm old and don't really get the whole preteen thing anyways. :)
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    IceyJ wrote: »
    And uni will eventually be added most likely? ANd the aesthetic purposes???

But preteens can't be added for aesthetic purposes, because they are a different height? :/
    Not that I believe they'd be added just for aesthetics; there'd definitely be some gameplay involved to make it worth it.

Can't be added. They might add it
    IceyJ wrote: »
    @FloppyFish Gee, I'm surprised we ever got toddlers, then. EA decided it was worth it to put the resources into toddlers, so if they decide the same for preteens, so be it. If a large enough base desires them and would be willing to pay for them, I'm sure EA would consider it. They did put preteens in a survey, after all, or did you know about that? So you can't definitively say what will or won't happen.

Agree

All this can't be added is kind of annoying.
    Do some simmers here work on packs making a statement like that?

• Options
    michelei wrote: »
    Playing a boarding school would fun. You could be the teacher or headmaster trying to control all the students or play as one of the students causing all the ruckus!

Playing any school has to be better than what we have now a rabbit hole with no gameplay

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    I remember when The Sims Freeplay got pre-teens (Child stage renamed). Everybody called that teen stage and asked how to turn them into adults before teens were added. Some people easily get confused (for example: me).
  • Options
    BuzzBuzz wrote: »
    > @mika said:
    > I hope they never add pre-teens tbh. I feel like it's such an unneeded life stage. Children already look 8-13 years depending on how you dress them. And it's going to be difficult for them to provide enough content for every stage in each pack.

No, they aren't 13. They're under 12.

11 and 12

• Options
    i agree with you, they wouldn't offer much to the game :/

How do you know?
    Do you have a job with EA?
    Are you psychic?
    Did you travel to the future?

• Options
    edited September 2017
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Same! I used to want pre-teens too, but then I thought about, and realized it was not a good idea.

Not a good idea to you.
    Fabulous idea for others.

It still really isn't a good idea when you think about it.

I know it's not to you it is however a good idea for me and some others.
    You think about that.
    Just because you don't like it does not mean I or others agree with you ;)
    Post edited by marcel21 on

• Options
    BuzzBuzzBuzzBuzz Posts: 303 Member
    [quote="EgonVM;c-16022524"]I remember when The Sims Freeplay got pre-teens (Child stage renamed). Everybody called that teen stage and asked how to turn them into adults before teens were added. Some people easily get confused (for example: me).[/quote]

If Sims Freeplay can have preteens, so can Sims 4
  • Options
    [quote="marcel21;c-16022525"][quote="BuzzBuzz;c-16001919"]> @mika said:
    > I hope they never add pre-teens tbh. I feel like it's such an unneeded life stage. Children already look 8-13 years depending on how you dress them. And it's going to be difficult for them to provide enough content for every stage in each pack.

No, they aren't 13. They're under 12.[/quote]

11 and 12[/quote]

Oh yeah.
  • Options
    WoolenhatWoolenhat Posts: 255 Member
    I don't WANT PRE-TEENS!
    so now get me I love toddlers but we go through hell with them, thew kids aren't they going wash the dishes like befor- STOP MAKING A MESS!!!
    FINALLY teens some RESPONSIBILITY
    *teen has mood swing*

I DO NOT NEED AMOTHER LIFESTAGE THAT NEEDS PARENTING!
    (I sound like a horrible person)
    :D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    > @BuzzBuzz said:
    > [quote="EgonVM;c-16022524"]I remember when The Sims Freeplay got pre-teens (Child stage renamed). Everybody called that teen stage and asked how to turn them into adults before teens were added. Some people easily get confused (for example: me).[/quote]
    >
    > If Sims Freeplay can have preteens, so can Sims 4

Preteens are the equivalent of children in Freeplay.
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

When we ride we bike the preteens hit we and we did nothing :'( ........ Teens don't hit we. o:) .......... PRE-TEENS :)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    Totally agree with the OP
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
  • Options
    > @SimDestroyer said:
    > > @BuzzBuzz said:
    > > [quote="EgonVM;c-16022524"]I remember when The Sims Freeplay got pre-teens (Child stage renamed). Everybody called that teen stage and asked how to turn them into adults before teens were added. Some people easily get confused (for example: me).[/quote]
    > >
    > > If Sims Freeplay can have preteens, so can Sims 4
    >
    > Preteens are the equivalent of children in Freeplay.

Yeah since children weren't in Sims Freeplay.
  • Options
    > @bluegayle_ said:
    > Just in case someone is listening I think i would cast my vote to young teen as opposed to preteen which "to me" is anyone before the age of 13. They did it for UNI with young adult so that's why i feel this way. Plus I'm old and don't really get the whole preteen thing anyways. :)

Preteen is a kid between 9ish to 12. It varies. This is a new term.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited September 2017
    > @bluegayle_ said:
    > Just in case someone is listening I think i would cast my vote to young teen as opposed to preteen which "to me" is anyone before the age of 13. They did it for UNI with young adult so that's why i feel this way. Plus I'm old and don't really get the whole preteen thing anyways. :)

LOL I have 5 granddaughters so knew about it just don't get the whole point of it. Just a marketing tool in my opinion and not so new as it seems it was even used in the 50's. I guess i was too busy being a kid to notice back then. :)
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

A young teen is a preteen :)

Preadolescence, also known as pre-teen or tween, is a stage of human development following early childhood and preceding adolescence. Preadolescence can bring its own challenges and anxieties.

Preteen is a child of just under the age of thirteen.
    yup preteen is a true age group, some say 11-12-year-olds some say 9-to 12-year-olds some think 11-13-year-olds
    That's also when you no longer can wear kids clothes but too small for adult and teen clothes. so they do make preteen clothes.
    In sports, preteens always recognized.
    Preeteen still listen to their parents, Teens don't, :p j/k all kids are perfect :)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    Stormsview wrote: »

A young teen is a preteen :)

Preadolescence, also known as pre-teen or tween, is a stage of human development following early childhood and preceding adolescence. Preadolescence can bring its own challenges and anxieties.

Preteen is a child of just under the age of thirteen.
    yup preteen is a true age group, some say 11-12-year-olds some say 9-to 12-year-olds some think 11-13-year-olds
    That's also when you no longer can wear kids clothes but too small for adult and teen clothes. so they do make preteen clothes.
    In sports, preteens always recognized.
    Preeteen still listen to their parents, Teens don't, :p j/k all kids are perfect :)

Yupperdoodles
  • Options
    bluegayle_ wrote: »
    > @bluegayle_ said:

LOL I have 5 granddaughters so knew about it just don't get the whole point of it. Just a marketing tool in my opinion and not so new as it seems it was even used in the 50's. I guess i was too busy being a kid to notice back then. :)

You're a grandparent? I didn't know that! Yeah, its definitely a marketing tool. Look at Justice! I'm young and I don't like selfies at all. You darn kids taking pictures of yourself! That is selfish XD
  • Options
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    I have a question for the OP how can you say you don't like the life stage when you never play them?
    See for me I want to have them in the game because the big part is we never had this lifestage in game on PC. I personally want to see how they will be in game and what the devs will come up with I think it will be fun well...at least for me.

I don't like the idea of the life stage. There is almost nothing that a preteen could do that a child or teen can't do. All of these resources to make preteens and in return you get a new height and another birthday per sim. That is it.

Why do people worry so much about the resources?
    So now some fans worry it costs too much to bring another lifestage or lifestate?
    Again we have no idea what could be added to them if they ever did them

I would pay for them.

Well, that's what game developers have to do. "Waste" resources and put time and effort into what they make. Why don't people understand how the gaming industry work?
  • Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    I don't sincerely think we'll get pre-teens in this iteration (as it took two years to get toddlers) - however, I'd love pre-teens. I can't stand that it's nearly impossible to distinguish teens from adults in my game.
  • Options
    X_Alexia_Hazel_XX_Alexia_Hazel_X Posts: 12 New Member
    I think we do need pre-teens because it shows another lifestage that we need! We can't just have 10 year old kids suddenly slippinjg 6 years when their birthday comes around! We need 12-14 years, basically the middle age! I am 13 years old myself and I think that my age plays a big part in my life because that's when puberty and proper crushes come in! Acne, I don't have any but my friends do! It's more realistic! Thanks for reading xx
  • Options
    X_Alexia_Hazel_XX_Alexia_Hazel_X Posts: 12 New Member
    *skipping
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    I love these ideas but I don’t think they should spend there time on something so time consuming when they have yet to add other stuff.