Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• Options
    slkatesslkates Posts: 6 New Member
    > @slkates said:
    > I was wondering if anyone else was having issues with the design tool. Once I pick a color for an object and place it, I can not alter the color of that object unless I delete it, and pick the color before placement. Is anyone else having this issue and if so where they able to fix it. I can't seem to find any information related to this topic.
    > thank you,

I have resolved the issue with the advice from above thank you.
  • Options
    ElijahKTElijahKT Posts: 45 Member
    Are there any other forums that us newbies can post on?
  • Options
    New question, how can I become bff with someone? I've maxed friendship and relationship bar with this person, we're already best friends and soulmates but my aspiration wants me to marry my bff, and I'm not getting that option. I've spent the whole week with this Sim, what do I do?!
  • Options
    egbertsegberts Posts: 59 Member
    I was wondering if anyone knows how to deal with an object placement bug. I'm not sure if that is exactly what it is and I can't find anything about it on Google. My Sims have done this for as long as I can remember and I'd really like it to stop!

Basically, my sims will use objects (desk, counter) that already have other things on them (computer, microwave). My sims will eat over the computer keyboard like it's not there, or do their homework at the desk when it clearly has no open slots. They will also do things like prep food on countertops that have things like microwaves and coffeepots already on them.

Does anyone know what this is or how to fix it?
    ◇ - simblr - ◇
    ◇ - simstagram - ◇
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,605 Member
    slkates wrote: »
    > @slkates said:
    > I was wondering if anyone else was having issues with the design tool. Once I pick a color for an object and place it, I can not alter the color of that object unless I delete it, and pick the color before placement. Is anyone else having this issue and if so where they able to fix it. I can't seem to find any information related to this topic.
    > thank you,

I have resolved the issue with the advice from above thank you.

Hello.
    It is good that the issue has been fixed :)
  • Options
    ElijahKT wrote: »
    New question, how can I become bff with someone? I've maxed friendship and relationship bar with this person, we're already best friends and soulmates but my aspiration wants me to marry my bff, and I'm not getting that option. I've spent the whole week with this Sim, what do I do?!

Hello
    When a sim is best friends with someone, it means that that they are bff. You can only have one bff . When your sims marry, it should fulfil the aspiration.
  • Options
    Swagdemort wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone knows how to deal with an object placement bug. I'm not sure if that is exactly what it is and I can't find anything about it on Google. My Sims have done this for as long as I can remember and I'd really like it to stop!

Basically, my sims will use objects (desk, counter) that already have other things on them (computer, microwave). My sims will eat over the computer keyboard like it's not there, or do their homework at the desk when it clearly has no open slots. They will also do things like prep food on countertops that have things like microwaves and coffeepots already on them.

Does anyone know what this is or how to fix it?

Hello @Swagdemort
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and testing in a new save game and see if the issue is occurring there also. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
  • Options
    TealCrystal390TealCrystal390 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I've recently had a slight bug with my game? My sim recently took a job as a scientist and her character preview seriously turned into Albert Einstein. I've tried exiting the game, doing the in-game 'change sim' option, even the debugging cheat and nothing has worked. I don't have any mods, or extra cheats, or anything else going on. I'm posting links to the pictures as well so it can provide a clearer picture of what I mean.

My sim in-game: http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/TealCrystal390/media/cGF0aDovMjAxNzA5MTBfMTYxNjA0X3pwczU1bjYxanBsLmpwZw==/?ref=1

My sim with her character preview:
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/TealCrystal390/media/cGF0aDovMjAxNzA5MTBfMTYxNTU5X3pwczh3bWNmanl2LmpwZw==/?ref=1

As you can see, she isn't at work either. Shes just chilling in her home with her kid.

Please help as soon as you can! Thank you!!
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Hi, I've recently had a slight bug with my game? My sim recently took a job as a scientist and her character preview seriously turned into Albert Einstein. I've tried exiting the game, doing the in-game 'change sim' option, even the debugging cheat and nothing has worked. I don't have any mods, or extra cheats, or anything else going on. I'm posting links to the pictures as well so it can provide a clearer picture of what I mean.

My sim in-game: http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/TealCrystal390/media/cGF0aDovMjAxNzA5MTBfMTYxNjA0X3pwczU1bjYxanBsLmpwZw==/?ref=1

My sim with her character preview:
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/TealCrystal390/media/cGF0aDovMjAxNzA5MTBfMTYxNTU5X3pwczh3bWNmanl2LmpwZw==/?ref=1

As you can see, she isn't at work either. Shes just chilling in her home with her kid.

Please help as soon as you can! Thank you!!

Hello @TealCrystal390
    I am sorry that you are having this issue.

Try traveling to another lot and back again, then see if that helps.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • Options
    kiriviankirivian Posts: 1,074 Member
    Hi Again,
    Is anyone else finding full collections in their inventory, even though they hadn't even looked at a single item from that collection?

I was playing Lilith and Caleb Vatore and brought them to a spice festival. They both tried some of the food at the festival but didn't buy or collect anything else while in the city (didn't look for boxes, didn't look for posters, didn't buy spices or souvenirs - nothing). When I got them home I went into the family inventory, and I discovered all fifteen snow globes in their family inventory. They have never visited the flea market or purchased anything at any of the other festivals they attended, so I am really confused.

I checked their collections page and the collection is showing as complete. This happened to me once before, but the father of the family in that case had been assigned as a vendor at the flea market at some point (by the game while I was with another family) so I assumed that he was being affected by the bug which sometimes leaves vendor items on sims when they are assigned as vendors, but this family didn't have the globes when I looked in the family inventory a few days before the spice festival and I never left this family in the interim.
    "You ask me if there'll come a time when I grow tired of you...Never, my love..." -The Association (1967)
  • Options
    kirivian wrote: »
    Hi Again,
    Is anyone else finding full collections in their inventory, even though they hadn't even looked at a single item from that collection?

I was playing Lilith and Caleb Vatore and brought them to a spice festival. They both tried some of the food at the festival but didn't buy or collect anything else while in the city (didn't look for boxes, didn't look for posters, didn't buy spices or souvenirs - nothing). When I got them home I went into the family inventory, and I discovered all fifteen snow globes in their family inventory. They have never visited the flea market or purchased anything at any of the other festivals they attended, so I am really confused.

I checked their collections page and the collection is showing as complete. This happened to me once before, but the father of the family in that case had been assigned as a vendor at the flea market at some point (by the game while I was with another family) so I assumed that he was being affected by the bug which sometimes leaves vendor items on sims when they are assigned as vendors, but this family didn't have the globes when I looked in the family inventory a few days before the spice festival and I never left this family in the interim.

Hello @kirvian
    Other simmers have also had this issue of finding collectibles in the inventories of their sims, that they,didn't collect. Sometimes when simmers have been rotating between families they have found that collections have been completed by them and/or collectibles in their inventories. I am sorry that this occurred with an active family you were playing at the time. It sounds like it was a glitch. It shouldn't have happened .
  • Options
    Blaze_BardBlaze_Bard Posts: 93 Member

If you have CL, the sim might have a hidden trait that stops him from aging and dying, the weirdo, city repair, nanny, butler and statue busker have hidden traits that prevent aging. Try doing this, play as the sim, type into the cheat bar, testingcheats true, press enter, then type in traits.remove_trait isWeirdo, Press enter, see if that helps, if not try replacing isWeirdo with isCityRepair isNanny isButler or isStatueBusker as one of these might be the hidden trait that they have.

It worked; the Sim's age bar says 95 days now. So he definitely had one of those traits. Thanks!
    "Good night -- even if you don't have a good knight." -- Ace Niles, Space Case
  • Options
    Blaze_Bard wrote: »

If you have CL, the sim might have a hidden trait that stops him from aging and dying, the weirdo, city repair, nanny, butler and statue busker have hidden traits that prevent aging. Try doing this, play as the sim, type into the cheat bar, testingcheats true, press enter, then type in traits.remove_trait isWeirdo, Press enter, see if that helps, if not try replacing isWeirdo with isCityRepair isNanny isButler or isStatueBusker as one of these might be the hidden trait that they have.

It worked; the Sim's age bar says 95 days now. So he definitely had one of those traits. Thanks!

Hello
    It is good that your issue has been fixed :)
  • Options
    JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    Blaze_Bard wrote: »

You are welcome
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    HanzieeeHanzieee Posts: 2 New Member
    Sorry if this has already been asked but I'm not going through 184 pages to check :p so i have this problem and it's that I'm doing the 100 baby challenge, but for some reason no matter what I do, my sim won't get pregnant if it's by another woman, even when they have the "get others pregnant" ticked and my playable sim has a "get pregnant" option only. she's so far gotten pregnant from men twice the first time for both, but she's tried 10x each with two different women and it's just not happening. I have the MC Command Center installed and I allowed for same sex pregnancy, increased the chance of conception by 50% and removed all other mods to see if they were causing any issues, but nothing seems to work. Can anyone help me find out what's causing this problem? Cause I'm already kind of failing the challenge, having spent so many days trying and failing with different people... thanks!
  • Options
    Hanzieee wrote: »
    Sorry if this has already been asked but I'm not going through 184 pages to check :p so i have this problem and it's that I'm doing the 100 baby challenge, but for some reason no matter what I do, my sim won't get pregnant if it's by another woman, even when they have the "get others pregnant" ticked and my playable sim has a "get pregnant" option only. she's so far gotten pregnant from men twice the first time for both, but she's tried 10x each with two different women and it's just not happening. I have the MC Command Center installed and I allowed for same sex pregnancy, increased the chance of conception by 50% and removed all other mods to see if they were causing any issues, but nothing seems to work. Can anyone help me find out what's causing this problem? Cause I'm already kind of failing the challenge, having spent so many days trying and failing with different people... thanks!

Hello @Hanzieee
    Try removing the MC Command Center mod, and test to see if the issue remains . There may perhaps be a setting in the mod that is causing the issue.
  • Options
    HanzieeeHanzieee Posts: 2 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hanzieee wrote: »
    >
    > Sorry if this has already been asked but I'm not going through 184 pages to check :p so i have this problem and it's that I'm doing the 100 baby challenge, but for some reason no matter what I do, my sim won't get pregnant if it's by another woman, even when they have the "get others pregnant" ticked and my playable sim has a "get pregnant" option only. she's so far gotten pregnant from men twice the first time for both, but she's tried 10x each with two different women and it's just not happening. I have the MC Command Center installed and I allowed for same sex pregnancy, increased the chance of conception by 50% and removed all other mods to see if they were causing any issues, but nothing seems to work. Can anyone help me find out what's causing this problem? Cause I'm already kind of failing the challenge, having spent so many days trying and failing with different people... thanks!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Hanzieee
    > Try removing the MC Command Center mod, and test to see if the issue remains . There may perhaps be a setting in the mod that is causing the issue.

Hello! that did seem to be the issue, I just didn't think it would be as it's never been a problem before.. I checked and saw that a new version is out so i'm going to assume it was simply outdated and conflicting and install the new one. Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    Hanzieee wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hanzieee wrote: »
    >
    > Sorry if this has already been asked but I'm not going through 184 pages to check :p so i have this problem and it's that I'm doing the 100 baby challenge, but for some reason no matter what I do, my sim won't get pregnant if it's by another woman, even when they have the "get others pregnant" ticked and my playable sim has a "get pregnant" option only. she's so far gotten pregnant from men twice the first time for both, but she's tried 10x each with two different women and it's just not happening. I have the MC Command Center installed and I allowed for same sex pregnancy, increased the chance of conception by 50% and removed all other mods to see if they were causing any issues, but nothing seems to work. Can anyone help me find out what's causing this problem? Cause I'm already kind of failing the challenge, having spent so many days trying and failing with different people... thanks!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Hanzieee
    > Try removing the MC Command Center mod, and test to see if the issue remains . There may perhaps be a setting in the mod that is causing the issue.

Hello! that did seem to be the issue, I just didn't think it would be as it's never been a problem before.. I checked and saw that a new version is out so i'm going to assume it was simply outdated and conflicting and install the new one. Thanks for the help!

Hello.
    You're welcome :) It is best to install the latest version of the mod.
  • Options
    Hi, I'm wondering if I were to build a fence around my house with a locked gate, would Sims be able to visit my house? Is there any kind of buzzer that they could ring to ask to be let in, similar to the Sims 3? Or do they need to have access to my front door? If this is not in the game, but there are mods for it, let me know!
  • Options
    Hi, I'm wondering if I were to build a fence around my house with a locked gate, would Sims be able to visit my house? Is there any kind of buzzer that they could ring to ask to be let in, similar to the Sims 3? Or do they need to have access to my front door? If this is not in the game, but there are mods for it, let me know!

Hello @ElijahKT
    If the gate is locked to everyone but the household , sims will be unable to visit your house. If you are playing as the visiting sim, and the gate is locked, you could use teleporting to get near the door and then use the interaction to " knock on door"
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > ElijahKT wrote: »
    >
    > Hi, I'm wondering if I were to build a fence around my house with a locked gate, would Sims be able to visit my house? Is there any kind of buzzer that they could ring to ask to be let in, similar to the Sims 3? Or do they need to have access to my front door? If this is not in the game, but there are mods for it, let me know!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @ElijahKT
    > If the gate is locked to everyone but the household , sims will be unable to visit your house. If you are playing as the visiting sim, and the gate is locked, you could use teleporting to get near the door and then use the interaction to " knock on door"

Thank you, I have a new question related to fences. I'm trying to put a fence around my front yard, but it turns it into a room with flooring.. Is there a way for me to fence it off without it becoming a room and remaining outdoors? If I were to put down the grass flooring, could I garden on it or would it still be considered indoors?
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    > @rosemow said:
    > ElijahKT wrote: »
    >
    > Hi, I'm wondering if I were to build a fence around my house with a locked gate, would Sims be able to visit my house? Is there any kind of buzzer that they could ring to ask to be let in, similar to the Sims 3? Or do they need to have access to my front door? If this is not in the game, but there are mods for it, let me know!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @ElijahKT
    > If the gate is locked to everyone but the household , sims will be unable to visit your house. If you are playing as the visiting sim, and the gate is locked, you could use teleporting to get near the door and then use the interaction to " knock on door"

Thank you, I have a new question related to fences. I'm trying to put a fence around my front yard, but it turns it into a room with flooring.. Is there a way for me to fence it off without it becoming a room and remaining outdoors? If I were to put down the grass flooring, could I garden on it or would it still be considered indoors?

Hello @ElijahKT
    There are helpful suggestions and pictures about this, in this link thread
    https://forums.thesims.com/EN_US/discussion/855535/fencing-lots-creating-rooms
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    @ElijahKT The game always does that. While it will still register as a "room", you can just use the sledgehammer tool and delete the floor.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    > @LyricSimsz15 said:
    > @ElijahKT The game always does that. While it will still register as a "room", you can just use the sledgehammer tool and delete the floor.

Ahhh thanks a bunch, I don't mess around with building too often so I'm don't know what half the tools do.