Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Sims & Modeling Chat Thread

Comments

• Options
    lionesskitty09lionesskitty09 Posts: 1,827 Member
    Lovely to meet you @lionesskitty09 not sure we've met before, but it's great to meet you. :)

It's nice to meet you @Jendowoz0612! :)
    25316144021_1a6fd75cf6_b.jpg
  • Options
    chellemh29 wrote: »
    @lionesskitty09 Hi Kay! Wow I don't think I've seen you since Memories cycle 1. You're like the fourth veteran modeler to pop up recently. Really nice to see you back!

Yes it's been ages! :) How have you been @chellemh29 ? ♥ It's because we just miss y'all! I've been thinking of the Sims lately and I knew I just had to pop in and say hello! :)
  • Options
    Gege wrote: »
    @Gege , your avatar is gorgeous! :)

Thank you, yours is too!

Nice to see folks coming back. I wonder what brought this about at the same time. :grey_question:

Thank You! :) I wonder why too! ♥ But I take it as a good sign!
  • Options
    jilliebee22jilliebee22 Posts: 2,223 Member
    @ColorMePink That's awesome and I'm so glad to here that :) I will do anything to help out!

@lionesskitty09 Welcome back! <3

@Gege Right? It's like the Bat call has been sent out and we are all just shuffling back in. Lol
    ❤Come say Hi to me on Twitter
    ♔ download my sims 4 poses on my tumblr account
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • Options
    chellemh29chellemh29 Posts: 2,492 Member
    It's nice to see familiar names popping back in, and I would love to see more of it! It's kind of sad when I think about how big the modeling community used to be. :( It would be nice to see a bit of a revival.
    yhCWXCP.gif
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    I'm loving meeting all these new people. <3 I feel like an oldie here now but when I see all these lovely new people I realise I'm still a newbie in a lot of ways. It's exciting knowing there will possibly be new takers for the up and coming comps, Including those I'm running. :)<3

• Options
    VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    @ColorMePink Hmm, I wonder why you're having a hard time logging into Simmetry. Maybe try clearing your cookies? It may have some info that got stuck in limbo.

@lionesskitty09 Hiiiiii welcome back!

With all these returning peeps, I'm betting a revival of Simmetry will go really well! And maybe we can snag some new peeps!

@Jendowoz0612 I know the feeling. I've been modeling for almost seven years now but there are some who've been doing it since Sims 2 (I know Jillie is one of those.)
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
  • Options
    GegeGege Posts: 2,548 Member
    VOTING FOR NEW STUFF PACK ICON-ENDS 9/15/17

https://www.thesims.com/en_AU/news/laundry-day-icon
    mWC1gjz.gif
  • Options
    Vanadis wrote: »
    @Jendowoz0612 I know the feeling. I've been modeling for almost seven years now but there are some who've been doing it since Sims 2 (I know Jillie is one of those.)

Yupp!! I think it's like.. since 2004/2006? Baha I can't even remember.. all I know was that I was in school still.

BeeSims-Discord.png
  • Options
    ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
    edited September 2017
    Vanadis wrote: »
    @ColorMePink Hmm, I wonder why you're having a hard time logging into Simmetry. Maybe try clearing your cookies? It may have some info that got stuck in limbo.
    I think I misremembered my password. I don't know. It just started working again. :sweat_smile: Anyway, I'm back able to log on and I'm fully committed. xD

I would like some feedback on a few things all when it comes to Simmetry Design. I will be waiting on @MizoreYukii on the idea freshening up the design of the forum, but in the meantime, I would be taking suggestions on things like post number ranks, advertising, and ideas on what we can do to bring back folks.

Post here or feel free to pass some along here if needed...
    http://simmetrydesign.forumotion.com/t152-simmetry-design-feedback-thread#5122

@Penguinwa101 @Kelebek @abelhinha35 @chellemh29 @NShippudenFan @Jendowoz0612 @TEXASTWANGTONYA @AshLenn @MissBirdie @psykt @kyky @fabtiffsim @jpikman @Movotti @JennaCatz @MzDiamond92 @MizoreYukii @ArtsyAmy @heather1306 @BeechNutBaby @ColorMePink @Socallucyfan @JoeJoe11 @GITTE2001 @InaMac69 @Klept0maniac94 @lisabee2 @wiredhanna67 @Rawla @Simanite @Aestas @annathefantabulous @Skyler1802 @Anduar @SimlishPopstar @sdtfm @Neverfalle @Heyyysims @MyFavoritedesign
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Hi guys,

Just wanted to show you my first background that I've built from scratch, so it's bound to have flaws and I'd appreciate any feedback. It was the application and first assignment for Symmetry's 8 stages of the 🐸🐸🐸🐸.e.d. Sorry it is big so put it in a spoiler. I've started experimenting with different brushes. I have done an updated version below.

Enlarge to see at full size
    IFc1URl.png
    Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

• Options
    edited September 2017
    I'll add some more to it.

• Options
    ArtsyAmyArtsyAmy Posts: 1,312 Member
    edited September 2017
    Hi guys,

Just wanted to show you my first background that I've built from scratch, so it's bound to have flaws and I'd appreciate any feedback. It was the application and first assignment for Symmetry's 8 stages of the plum.e.d. Sorry it is big so put it in a spoiler. I've started experimenting with different brushes.

What type of feedback do you want Jen? *I think the pic is very nice and fits the witch requirement, but I do recommend darkening, adding shadows, overlay, etc. over the bright colors to make it have a more dark/creep feel to it. (It has a happy feel, but suggests it should feel more dark with the black cat, bats, and other darker elements in the pic. -Plus, maybe focus on a few of the props and enhance the pic by removing the items that aren't necessarily the focus...it has quite a few pieces & your witch is drowned out just a little). But, maybe someone else from the comp may have better suggestions. I think that's a cool shot no matter what you do, for sure. B);)
    LCTYbER.gif
    Judging In: Versace's Finest | Simplistic Magazine Competition-CYCLE 2

"Anyone can criticize; Can YOU inspire?"-unknown
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    I't's a while until it's due, so took it and tried a few other things after your suggestions. Thanks, that is just the sort of feedback I need, thank you. When you say shadows, you mean, the witch, the cat and trees and such or other creepy things? :) Took out the other background tree and darkened things, added some shadows.

This is what I've done since, what do you think or is it too dark, too busy, or better?

Y4kkb7Y.png

• Options
    Ahh <3 It's so awesome.. I can't say much as I am judging. But *cough* light sources produce light* cough* fire, candle, moon *cough*
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    How do you make a glow happen around light sources? What tool can be used? I've tried to make shadows.

• Options
    @Jendowoz0612 I just color pick from the flame and draw on a new layer behind or in front of the flame. Sometimes I change the blending mode to vivid light, sometimes I don't it just depends on how it looks. :)
    yhCWXCP.gif
  • Options
    Thanks, @chellemh29 What do you draw with? I don't have a tablet only the mouse.

• Options
    I use a Tablet for hair clothing and such, but it's not hard at all to do light and shade with a mouse, and just a soft round brush. In fact I really wouldn't worry to much about specialty brushes at all. They are good for some things, but not really something you NEED to have. Just color pick from the fire, and go over the area with a soft round brush. Keep the opacity low, as you are only working with a glow.
    yhCWXCP.gif
  • Options
    Thank you, @chellemh29 , the other thing is what is a good tool to get grass and plant textures?

• Options
    I generally just draw grass. It's pretty basic. However if you need them, I'm sure you could find textures online. :)
    yhCWXCP.gif
  • Options
    That's a great explanation from Chelle! Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. As for texture you can either take it from a picture and overlay. Or you can get some good brushes from devientart.
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Yes it was. I can follow those instructions easily, and Thanks, @jilliebee22, I will certainly check out devientart. :)

• Options
    GegeGege Posts: 2,548 Member
    Felt in a Halloweeny dark mood today so I took out Gabriel, gave him a makeover, and made him the Prince of Darkness. Still have to do some touch up work but it'll do for now.
    HWi7Nvy.png
    mWC1gjz.gif
  • Options
    Nice, @Gege, great shot.