Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Sims & Modeling Chat Thread

Comments

• Options
    VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Thanks Gege and Jen! Ace is actually a chimera. If you notice, her color point splits halfway on her face at the exact center. Her dad was full Siamese and her mom was a Siamese-Calico mix. She managed to get both sets of chromosomes at once. She's the only one in her litter that did that. But you can see one side of her face is pure Siamese, and the other half has a bit of orange in it, and she has a distinct line down the middle of her face that has both halves on either side! I just love her markings. She's such a pretty girl. Whenever we go to the vet I get people asking about her markings. I'm not sure if it's related to her parents, but she has a seizure disorder and alopecia. So we go to the vet a lot, but she just turned 7 and is healthy other than the occasional shaking and losing hair. Her seizure disorder is called Feline Hyperesthesia and she doesn't have full on seizures, but she does shake and tense up without meaning to. Her alopecia is Feline Endocrine Alopecia, which means most of the hair she loses is on her heiny so I call her BaldBooty.

Potato is adorable but he has the Maine Co.on tendency to get bladder infections. So I always have a round of steroids and some painkiller for him just in case he presents symptoms when it's not vet hours.

But most cats that are pure-bred will have some issue or another.

Potato was a rescue. His owner died in a car accident. His owner had a ton of purebred cats and used to take them to cat shows. But when his owner died, his owner's family threw all the cats out on the street and my rescue agency picked them up and I adopted him through them.

Ace was a more direct rescue. Her old owner didn't want her but wouldn't give her away so locked her in the laundry room and rarely fed her and never cleaned her box. Then her owner told me she was going to throw her out in the jungle, and I said no, give her to me. We've sunk so much money into this dang cat. But she is my emotional support animal now. She talks a lot and loves hugs!
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited August 2017
    They really are a great comfort and support. In fact stats say that stroking cats and dogs can lower blood pressure and prevent stress-related issues and even heart attacks in some cases, that is why they use animals in hospitals or homes that have permanent and temporary residents for medical and terminal patients.

• Options
    GegeGege Posts: 2,548 Member
    Anyone here from Florida? I'm in North Carolina but the brunt of Hurricane Irma is going to impact almost the entire state. We're prepping in North Carolina too. If you are from Florida please be safe and heed evacuation zones when asked. What happened in Texas is terrible. I think @NShippudenFan is from there. How are you doing, hun? I imagine you were in a safer area.
    mWC1gjz.gif
  • Options
    NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    @Gege Please stay/be safe!!! I am in Texas, but in my area, there really wasn't as bad weather/damage; so I'm good/safe! :)
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202

• Options
    @Gege Please stay/be safe!!! I am in Texas, but in my area, there really wasn't as bad weather/damage; so I'm good/safe! :)

Awesome, glad it missed you!
    mWC1gjz.gif
  • Options
    jilliebee22jilliebee22 Posts: 2,223 Member
    Hello all! *waves*

Soo, I'm curious.. where does everyone hang out and spend their time?
    I've just recently been back and I remember our community being bumping, with lots of talking, and goofing around!

Other forums? Simblr? etc?
    ❤Come say Hi to me on Twitter
    ♔ download my sims 4 poses on my tumblr account
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • Options
    JaLiBoJaLiBo Posts: 547 Member
    Hello all! *waves*

I've just recently been back and I remember our community being bumping, with lots of talking, and goofing around!

To piggy back on Jillie's post; this site needs a revival, guys! I can't sit by and watch another well put together forum, be forgotten!!!
  • Options
    Hello all! *waves*

To piggy back on Jillie's post; this site needs a revival, guys! I can't sit by and watch another well put together forum, be forgotten!!!

If Mizzie can admin me up from mod I can maybe try to revamp this, maybe a slightly new look and stuff. I miss it so much too. We just seemed to have too many people come through that didn't stay.
    I'm somewhere between
  • Options
    @Vanadis Yeah I understand that. The community seems to really come in waves, which is really sad. I was just over there and looking through stuff. (It was actually the first forum that I found on my return, and I was sad to see that I missed the wave of lots of people). I would definitely be there to spam it haha :P I work from home now, so my time will be more of an abundance.

If said thing happens, if you need any help with coding (I dont know how much is available for forumotion) but I could always help a lending hand, as I've been an admin for multiple sites.
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    @jilliebee22 Yep, really unfortunate, but if you would like to help I'd totally take you up on that. I do graphic design but I stink at coding. I'm not sure there's really much for Forumotion... it used to be a lot more conducive to custom skins and whatnot but we can take a look at it and see.

I really think that if you want to put your competitions up there in the future, it may be beneficial because I remember LBB and that was a type of comp that does well with less safe for work pictures and those are allowed on Simmetry.

I may go in and archive some old threads and stuff and make it shiny and new.
    I'm somewhere between
  • Options
    @Vanadis Yeah, I will look around at some of the coding sites that I would get some stuff from, and see what they have for forumotion or if there are other sites to better help me out. You can make some really cool customized user bars on the side that I think would be really cool to have as well.

And yeah, that's one of my biggest concerns about here. There is such a lack of freedom and options. I've already started putting up my tutorials there, and was planning on "hosting" it there with a link here to bring people over as well.

Do you by any chance have Skype?
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • Options
    @jilliebee22 Yeah, but I understand the officials have to be rated for teens as that's the game rating... still is pretty restrictive!

I'm going to talk to Mizzie about the site and see what she says, and I'm sure she wouldn't mind me taking it over as she's been super busy.

I do have Skype and I'll PM you my username!
    I'm somewhere between
  • Options
    JoeJoe11JoeJoe11 Posts: 1,406 Member
    @Vanadis I know Mizzie is an admin at Simmetry but didn't @ColorMePink set it up intially?

I'm probably misremembering!
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • Options
    @JoeJoe11 I actually think Mizzie set it up and then added Vid as an admin and me as a mod. Mizzie I believe did all the coding and stuff.
    I'm somewhere between
  • Options
    JoeJoe11JoeJoe11 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Vanadis wrote: »
    @JoeJoe11 I actually think Mizzie set it up and then added Vid as an admin and me as a mod. Mizzie I believe did all the coding and stuff.

Ooooh okay! I wasn't sure. Hopefully it makes a return as it was a nice forum
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • Options
    ArtsyAmyArtsyAmy Posts: 1,312 Member
    @Vanadis and @jilliebee22 if you do need any input about forumotion you can always ask @InaMac69 too...I think she helped out originally with Simmetry too, because she's done Simtech too for quite awhile and knows a bit more about the ins and outs. (I am an Admin at Simtech, but I'm not as familiar with forumotion, but she's been dealing with them for years.) :)

Sorry I'm not any help for coding. :(
    LCTYbER.gif
    Judging In: Versace's Finest | Simplistic Magazine Competition-CYCLE 2

"Anyone can criticize; Can YOU inspire?"-unknown
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    @ArtsyAmy Ohh yeah, I forget that Simtech is Forumotion. Thanks! I will definitely keep her in mind :)<3

edit: Do you know if you can have Mods just for certain forums/sub forums? Or does it have to just be Board Mods?
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • Options
    ArtsyAmyArtsyAmy Posts: 1,312 Member
    Yeah, all I know how to do is naviagate through the Admin area and maintain the site, coding is not my thing!!! LOL -I think I'd lose my mind. :D
    LCTYbER.gif
    Judging In: Versace's Finest | Simplistic Magazine Competition-CYCLE 2

"Anyone can criticize; Can YOU inspire?"-unknown
  • Options
    ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
    edited September 2017
    Hey all! :)

Just want to know I've been talking to Mizzie about Simmetry Design. We've been both really busy. I'm also having problems logging in for some reason. :frowning: I did help design it during beginnings of it via what people voted for, but Mizzie is the official founder and admin. I'm listed as the founder atm, but we're working on fixing that. :)

I hope we can revive it sometime soon. Maybe a fresh new design or some type new snazzy selling point can help? I don't know. I'm really quite terrible at this stuff. :flushed:
  • Options
    lionesskitty09lionesskitty09 Posts: 1,827 Member
    @Gege , your avatar is gorgeous! :)
    25316144021_1a6fd75cf6_b.jpg
  • Options
    lionesskitty09lionesskitty09 Posts: 1,827 Member
    Hey Everyone! It's been too long! ♥
    25316144021_1a6fd75cf6_b.jpg
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    Lovely to meet you @lionesskitty09 not sure we've met before, but it's great to meet you. :)

• Options
    chellemh29chellemh29 Posts: 2,492 Member
    @lionesskitty09 Hi Kay! Wow I don't think I've seen you since Memories cycle 1. You're like the fourth veteran modeler to pop up recently. Really nice to see you back!
    yhCWXCP.gif
  • Options
    @Gege , your avatar is gorgeous! :)

Thank you, yours is too!

Nice to see folks coming back. I wonder what brought this about at the same time. :grey_question:
    mWC1gjz.gif