Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

COME PARTY WITH ME IN PREHISTORY! Now Closed!

Comments

• Options
    carolynrossercarolynrosser Posts: 438 Member
    @BeJaWa, I LOVE your Greek underworld! Cerberus is amazing (and adorable)! All of the details are great--the river Styx, Charon's boat, the pomegranate and cypress trees, the mortals making sacrifices. Awesome build!
    6UGz4SO.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    @Ainsleyf, I love your retirement home for the gods! The building itself is absolutely gorgeous, and the gods themselves are adorable. I could just go on all day, listing things I love about this: Dionysus in a Hawaiian shirt! The gods eating grilled cheese! The way you tried so hard to write out M A N B O O (B) S, and you still got hit with the dreaded "plum"! :) Fabulous idea, and beautifully executed!

@leashahampton: Wow, your wedding garden of the gods is so beautiful! I love the idea, and the mythology behind it, and I'm really impressed by the way you put it all together. The foliage is so lush, and I love your use of curtains and statues. And you somehow made the toilets look believably ancient! :) Amazing build!
    6UGz4SO.jpg
  • Options
    AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    @carolynrosser..thank you so much! and I missed Cerberus! He's awesome too!
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    Thank you @carolynrosser and @Ainsleyf :)

Also I finally got the chance to look at the other builds and I must say they are absolutely beautiful.
    Ainsleyf I loved the idea of a gods retirement home I laughed at that and it looks stunning and very majestic. A perfect place for gods to live.

@leashahampton I love the mythology behind your build and it is gorgeous. I actually may borrow your technique for making a gazebo in the future because I love how that turned out.
  • Options
    leashahamptonleashahampton Posts: 312 Member
    Thanks @Ainsleyf , @carolynrosser
    @BeJaWa I love your entry too, lol the 3 headed dog is awesome, apparently there was a 100 headed dragon in my garden, thought that would be a bit much to attempt lol! Oh also i noticed you had the grid on in your photos, you may already know, but if you push the "G" key it turns it on or off
    rzsH227.png
  • Options

I feel a little bit silly sharing this, since it's barely even a build, but I had fun with it, and I thought you all might enjoy seeing it.

ENTRY FORM:
    Prehistory Challenge #: 13
    Origin ID: carolynrosser
    Gallery Link (if applicable:) The Bluffs of Olympus
    Skill level: Intermediate
    Back story: So we all know that the Greek gods love nothing more than meddling in the lives of ordinary mortals. To assist them in this endeavor, they've decided to build a little hideaway in the Bluffs of Windenburg.
    Link to pics: Imgur gallery
    Images (3-4 images):

A vacation hideaway fit for the gods:
    QoBf2NG.png

Here are Zeus and Hera, arriving for a weekend away. (Don't judge. It's not easy these days to find a sensible toga for the portly gentleman.)
    7b8tLi2.png

And...20 minutes later...
    UfDlUmX.png

(Check out the Imgur gallery for the rest of the story and more pics of the gods' vacation home!)

6UGz4SO.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Thanks @Ainsleyf , @carolynrosser
    @BeJaWa I love your entry too, lol the 3 headed dog is awesome, apparently there was a 100 headed dragon in my garden, thought that would be a bit much to attempt lol! Oh also i noticed you had the grid on in your photos, you may already know, but if you push the "G" key it turns it on or off

Thank you I didn't know that. I'll remember that for next time :)
  • Options
    @Carolyrosser...ohmygods how fun is that? And a tv corner OF THE GODS!!!! and Zeus getting into trouble in what looks like - tighty-whities...that was awesome..thanks for the big smile!
  • Options
    Thanks, @Ainsleyf! Who knew Zeus was such an exhibitionist? :)
    6UGz4SO.jpg
  • Options
    folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    Thanks very much @carolynrosser @rosemow @Ainsleyf @24Lunaa & thanks @fabtiffsim the award made me lol - it literally is a pile of dirt! :D
    Wow guys! the Greek builds are phenomenal. Hope I've caught up with you all in the gallery.
    @Ainsleyf I don't think I noticed it at first but I love the stepped pools at the bottom of the mountain.
    I'm feeling kinda lazy so I probably wont get one done this time around but def next challenge. I'll be snooping around anyway! :p
  • Options
    FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member
    edited September 2017

ENTRY FORM:
    Prehistory Challenge #13: Mount Olympus
    Origin ID: FoundMarbles
    Gallery Link : https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/2554692A94FC11E783B589EE1F9885D0?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Apollo's Place&max=50&maxis=false
    Skill level: Established??
    Back story: Apollo has built a modern home and invited his half siblings and their mother, Hera, to come and experience life in the modern world. He hopes to have better relations with his extended family if he can get past Hera's anger toward his own mother who sired him with Zeus. Zeus was a very bad womanizer and wholly unfaithful to his wife. So Hera, Zeus and their children are visiting with Apollo. So far, things are going well. Hera loves the modern kitchen and Zeus loves TV, the siblings are getting to know the place and so far, do approve.
    Link to pics:https://imgur.com/a/rDQYB
    Images (3-4 images):
    1FVCCrI.png
    S7hYXE3.png
    RrUWihQ.png
    OfrLcxJ.png

I use these hashtags when building things, I think they're good for this: #ancienthistory #ancientbuild
    But we'll make our own! #prehistoryparty
    PREHISTORY PARTY TIME!!!
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    @foundmarbles - Very cool. Great courtyards and entrance hall. Love the big statues in front too!
    And Thanks, @folala!
  • Options
    Beautiful build, @FoundMarbles! Really elegant design, and very Grecian looking. And I, too, love the big statues!
    6UGz4SO.jpg
  • Options

@Ainsleyf & @carolynrosser Thank you both!! Those comments were very kind and generous. The "Old God's Home" looks more like the ancient builds in Greece plus it is a fun concept and the "Bluffs of Olympus" is really a lot of imaginative fun. Hades Necropolis is pretty dark but then so was Hades. I think sometimes I take the building too seriously! I see so much imagination expressed by everyone else! It really is fun to see all the different takes on any of the challenges; everybody puts so much thought into their projects! In short: I love all the builds so far.
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • Options
    24Lunaa24Lunaa Posts: 62 Member
    Hey guys,
    I've been overwhelmed with school at the moment (all those readings I'm still procrastinating as well :s ) so I definitely won't have time to enter this challenge. All my ideas require a minimum 50x50 lot and I know I wont be happy with a scaled down version.

Anyways, I've had a blast looking at your mythical mountains, temples and getaways, and reading your stories!

@Ainsleyf Wow your build is so peaceful and majestic! Its exactly how I’d imagine a mythic build, and I love how there’s rooms under the cliffs. Love the open air dining, and the water surrounding. Very magical!

@leashahampton Super garden! Great layout and lovely use of the columns and statues around. I love the curtains behind the table, that looks so neat the way you stacked them! Great gazebo! Very natural and ancient and yet looks like it’ll stand for centuries more

@BeJaWa Ooh cool take on the challenge, making a darker build. Amazing how you included the river Styx. Great design on how the graves are above ground and the deep dark necropolis is in the basement.

@carolynrosser Aw your pictures made me laugh. Zeus and his nudity and teenage-like romances. Your build is so calming, and I love how it secretly includes everything the sims needs for a getaway. So practical! I already need a vacation there.

@FoundMarbles Very very regal! Inside and out! I adore the three gates at the front for some reason. I never thought of using more gates side by side. Anyways that’s really creative. Very lovely courtyard and gardens! And your sims’ outfits look amazing! Cc?
    Gallery ID: 24Luna
    Check Out My Gallery!

• Options
    24Lunaa24Lunaa Posts: 62 Member
    Since we are in the spirit of Greek mythology, I thought I would share this statue I once made instead of an official build entry.

Meet Medusa's second cousin: The Golden Gorgon!
    https://www.thesims.com/gallery/D87433DC7F7811E781E8878F2FBA529B

00.jpg

Gallery ID: 24Luna
    Check Out My Gallery!

• Options

@24Lunaa , Yup! The togas on the men are CC but the rest are regular CAS stuff. Thank you for the kind and complimentary comments!
  • Options
    Unfortunately, some items as they are just lifted into place with moo, drop when being placed from the gallery, so you would need to adjust a few things when downloading :) Otherwise I'm super proud of this build, i never had even thought of doing something along these lines before this challenge :)

Did you made sure MOO was on in the game when you downloaded?

• Options
    Hi @FoundMarbles , I did have moo on when i placed it, ive found that certain types of objects drop unless they think they are attached to something, like outdoor plants, rocks, ceiling lights, wall decorations. Its frustrating as, sometimes i can come up with a way of making it stay, like placing a ceiling or wall etc, but then it can make it look worse, lol i dunno it would be nice if everything just uploads how you put it :)
    rzsH227.png
  • Options
    fabtiffsimfabtiffsim Posts: 1,008 Member
    Hi all I'm still alive! Just had a few overwhelming adult days but I'm going to start writing up my scores tomorrow morning! So if you want to enter last minute, go ahead! I'll still count it if it's posted before I start tomorrow! Everything looks AWESOME. So exciting! Such good stuff! Thanks for entering or posting or sharing, or even just nice comments about other simmer's builds! It's a true sim friendship page we got over here!!
  • Options
    fabtiffsimfabtiffsim Posts: 1,008 Member
    So the judging is up! Sorry, I have to upgrade in picmonkey and I don't want to haha so I couldn't make the banners like I usually would.... does anybody have any other websites they use for a little editing? I don't want to just GUMP it up for the banners cause it's so difficult sometimes haha
  • Options
    Thank you @fabtiffsim
    If you have any experience with photo shop or another picture editor program you may want to try pixlr. It is free last I checked and while it isn't as complex as photoshop I think it might work for the banners.
  • Options
    Thanks for your lovely comments about my room (the mural in bathroom, is a mural the sims can paint in city living :) ) I recommend pixlr also or you could try ribbet, or i just discovered on my computer paint 3d, i dunno if it is already on windows, or if my husband put it on, but ive been finding that quite good! @fabtiffsim
    rzsH227.png
  • Options
    There is on windows paint which should come standard with a windows operating system. I don't use it much myself so I don't know it's full capabilities but that may work.