Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LGR ball-pit, I mean stuff pack review

Comments

• Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    edited August 2017
    And you people still bought it, didn't you?

Doi Scatt‏ @GrimSuruDoi 10h10 hours ago
    Replying to @GrimSuruDoi

being excited about life and things is something to treasure. And it can get you through tough times. There is no shame to being jazzed 5/

Replying to @GrimSuruDoi

those people always exist, no matter what your THING is. Maybe you're really into Sims or crochet or croquet or cricket or Kesha or pasta 4/
    1 reply 1 retweet 37 likes
    Replying to @GrimSuruDoi

but there were some peeps that were like whatevs it's just the sun going away (eclhipsters) but don't let them ruin your excitement 3/
    1 reply 0 retweets 34 likes
    Replying to @GrimSuruDoi

I was reminded of this because of the Great Eclipse that traversed the US this week. And everyone was excited about the eclipse! ECLIPSE! 2/

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,348 Member

Replying to @GrimSuruDoi

being excited about life and things is something to treasure. And it can get you through tough times. There is no shame to being jazzed 5/

Replying to @GrimSuruDoi

those people always exist, no matter what your THING is. Maybe you're really into Sims or crochet or croquet or cricket or Kesha or pasta 4/
    1 reply 1 retweet 37 likes
    Replying to @GrimSuruDoi

but there were some peeps that were like whatevs it's just the sun going away (eclhipsters) but don't let them ruin your excitement 3/
    1 reply 0 retweets 34 likes
    Replying to @GrimSuruDoi

I was reminded of this because of the Great Eclipse that traversed the US this week. And everyone was excited about the eclipse! ECLIPSE! 2/

Here's the entire tweet. :)

Good morning, Simmers! I have a Life Pro Tip for you today, and a bit of a pep talk. Let yourself get excited about things! I was reminded of this because of the Great Eclipse that traversed the US this week. And everyone was excited about the eclipse! ECLIPSE!but there were some peeps that were like whatevs it's just the sun going away (eclhipsters) but don't let them ruin your excitement. Those people always exist, no matter what your THING is. Maybe you're really into Sims or crochet or croquet or cricket or Kesha or pasta, Being excited about life and things is something to treasure. And it can get you through tough times. There is no shame to being jazzed. This isn't particularly about work, though sometimes being excited gets me through tough work weeks. This isn't even about The Sims. It's about growing up and the world pushing in on you and so much of life trying to get you to temper your excitement as you mature. So yeah, like, be realistic and grounded but stay excited. STAY EXCITED (I love you all for playing this wonderful game we make.)
    GrimSuruDoi
    8/24/2017
  • Options
    I just watched the review and it was what I expected. He's made no secret of his disdain for stuff packs. He gets a lot of views, over 112,000 so far for Toddler Stuff, almost 400,000 for Parenthood, which translates into potential viewers for his other videos. I know I'm now hooked on his LGR Foods videos. :)
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    I feel bad for the person who made the ball pit. :D:D

Me too. They obviously grew up back when a ball was flattened into 2 dimentional shapes. MOST balls today are round - to make it easier to roll. :lol:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    I just watched the review and it was what I expected. He's made no secret of his disdain for stuff packs. He gets a lot of views, over 112,000 so far for Toddler Stuff, almost 400,000 for Parenthood, which translates into potential viewers for his other videos. I know I'm now hooked on his LGR Foods videos. :)
    I shall now blame you for all the weight I'm about to gain. :lol:

• Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    edited August 2017
    You know I kept saying that toddlers wouldn't come in a free patch. When did I ate my words. I think I spoke to soon because while yes we did get toddlers for free but nothing that make their game play close to fun is...LOL I did buy the toddler pack but not for hideous ball pit. I more then likely will never use it but once to test it out.

I LOVE LGR reviews and he is far from producing trash reviews. He says how he really feels and I have yet to fully disagree on what he says. I fully respect the man and his opinions as his own. I can form my own without having to jump on YouTube to listen to some review. Even when I don't agree with something he said, I still find him completely hilarious and I don't get offended for him voicing his opinion.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    I love LGR reviews, not just his Sims related stuff. His Sim reviews are quick and to the point with a pinch of humour. I'm not a fan of studying every item for a min and saying how cute they are :)
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    When I was younger, there was a TV Show movie review show called Siskel and Ebert. They'd watch movies together and then review them. Sometimes they agreed and the movie got two thumbs up or two thumbs down, but they often disagreed as well. That is what reviewers do -- give their opinions about whatever it is they are reviewing.
    This is the fundamental weakness in virtually all sims reviews. It's one person talking to a camera. If there's one thing I've learned from the work of folks like RedLetterMedia, it's that discussion (and joint work in general) is key to making a review stand out as relatively impartial. It's almost impossible to write a review that sounds impartial overall and is only done by one person. Even in the case of reviews like RedLetterMedia's Plinkett character, I'm pretty sure the review is written by more than one person.

But ya know, no rain on the parade. They do what they do and I hope they enjoy doing it and their audiences do too.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    You know I kept saying that toddlers wouldn't come in a free patch. When did I ate my words. I think I spoke to soon because while yes we did get toddlers for free but nothing that make their game play close to fun is...LOL I did buy the toddler pack but not for hideous ball pit. I more then likely will never use it but once to test it out.

I LOVE LGR reviews and he is far from producing trash reviews. He says how he really feels and I have yet to fully disagree on what he says. I fully respect the man and his opinions as his own. I can form my own without having to jump on YouTube to listen to some review. Even when I don't agree with something he said, I still find him completely hilarious and I don't get offended for him voicing his opinion.

Not fun to you maybe, but most people agree they're the best of the series. I always knew they'd come for free if they'd come at all. But I never ever thought they should just give us everything toddler related for free. There's a limit you know (and actually we got a lot of b&b and CAS stuff for free, so I don't care about paying 10 to add a bit more stuff)
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    I still don't think the ball pit is that bad.

the texture could have been slightly better, but the animations for it are awesome.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    *puts credit card back into wallet*

Thanks LGR!
  • Options

I'm definitely gonna download this when released.

[img][/img]uq7Xq5z.png

Original has 1076 polygons.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,605 Member
    I know that people were disappointed because of the ball pit, but to me it seems that people are focusing to the ball pit and ignoring the other features such as the Slide, Playdates, etc. I myself was not happy about this but it makes me ask myself on every right things they did on this pack,(such us the cute animation for slide, the visual effects when the toddlers play on the jungle gym), people only see or focus on the mistakes.
    I know that its something we should worried about and let the developers know but bashing(I'm not talking about everyone) the pack just because of ONE mistake is too much. That's just my point of view.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,082 Member
    That looks awesome and it also confirms everything I said about why the Ball Pit texture looks so... flat. But it would probably cause lag on almost any computer trying to handle it.
    Every time a pack comes out, I upgrade my Special Project.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,313 Member
    I dislike this guy. I don't think he likes sims 4 at all, so why keep reviewing it to keep saying negative things? I dont think his opinion is valid anyway, because of his obvious bias. I wouldnt be surprised if this dude never even plays this game, he just reviews it because of the money he makes on you tube. I saw everything that came with this pack and it is a nice addition for family players. He's a plum.
    Aine wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I dislike this guy. I don't think he likes sims 4 at all, so why keep reviewing it to keep saying negative things? I dont think his opinion is valid anyway, because of his obvious bias. I wouldnt be surprised if this dude never even plays this game, he just reviews it because of the money he makes on you tube. I saw everything that came with this pack and it is a nice addition for family players. He's a plum.

He does like the sims. He feels like the group of simmers who are dissapointed on what ts4 has become.
    Simulator4 wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Simanite wrote: »
    You really don't even notice it when you're playing, people are making a muntain out of a molehill. :confused:

35945458524_1f3d831c93_b.jpg

You are being sarcastic, right?

So you'll be passing on this one?

Idk yet. Probably not, I love CAS and it's like 7 bucks for me. But idk. I usually buy them right away , but I still haven't bought this one. I will need more swatches so I'm hoping for cc creators to get working on that. Still I'm just buying out of boredom, i don't play with toddlers much ... but I love the pillows and grill.

I like what Ts4 has become. And if he doesnt like the game maybe its time to move on??? If he's not into family play he would not appreciate the toddler pack .Maybe he doesnt care that people have been requesting more stuff for them.

Alot of people love sims but don't like what Sims 4 has become - we still have a right to express our opinions and even more so have a right to hope for a better game. It's very rude to suggest people 'move on' just because they have a different opinion than you. Happy fans are not the only ones that count. Also LGR clearly loves Sims 4 toddlers - even in this review he says they're the best ever made in Sims.

LGR may not love family play (I'm not sure if that is true though), but me personally LOVE family play, and I just can't buy this pack right now because of the horrible decision they made with the ball pit. That's NOT my fault. I might get it at a later state because it has some nice hairs and stuff. But I am hoping that they release a patch that makes the ball pit less horrendous.

Honestly it baffles me how you can just dismiss other simmers opinions like you do. I am happy for you that you are enjoying the game - I wish I could too. I just can't right now. Moving on doesn't mean that one has to be silent about the game at all. Our voices are just as important as simmers that love every aspect of the game. Thank you.

He's biased. He's anti-Sims 4.People who dont like sims 4 arent more important either. I think LGR is not a sims player at all.I think he does it for the money. And if he doesn't care about family play, then of course he cant be counted on to give a fair review of how much this pack fills in the gaps with toddlers.I do not like CC. Most of the CC hair and clothing is not to my liking.

But toddlers were also lacking play equipment, which this packs solves that problem. So if this review is negative, then its because he can't be counted on for a fair review, imo <3

I'm sorry,but he is sims player . He play the sims every interatio, and still enjoys it . He also does enhjoy some sims 4 stuff( When thee done good)He enjoy the parent hood pack,Get to work, and vampires . He dosen't even like supernaturel, or family play . He still admit thoes packs were well done . Just vbecase your not a fan of something dose't mean you can't make a good review of it.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    "hurray. the 73rd stuff pack of ts4 is here... goodness, is it hard for me to care at this point."

i hear you LGR. wish we could just get a formal eta on ts5 at this point so we'd know there's at least an end to it in sight.
  • Options
    carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    i played around and tried to change it into a toddler pool in sim studio i wont use it but it works in my game

XWx8jW7.jpg
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,044 Member
    i played around and tried to change it into a toddler pool in sim studio i wont use it but it works in my game

XWx8jW7.jpg

I was thinking that maybe it can be modded into a pool - maybe the balls could be bubbles, or they could be just balls I guess.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member

XWx8jW7.jpg

That is awesome.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    ladybreid wrote: »

Well since I wanted it, yes of course I bought it, why wouldn't I?
    I bought it to because toddler have been left out and haven't had that much to do. I don't get why you would care if @ladybreid or I or anyone got it. Its the players choice. you can trash the game but when it comes down to it the player makes the decision to buy it or not. Not you.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member

Here's my problem with that - and I said as much to WildlyMiniatureSandwich - nobody with any common sense was asking for a fully-rendered ball pit.

It's not a black-and-white extreme of "completely flat" and "completely rendered". There's other options available.
    For instance normal maps to create the illusion of depth without actually altering the mesh. Or even making an egg carton-like surface, like this:

wave_surface.png

There's room for a middle ground.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    *puts credit card back into wallet*

Thanks LGR!

This.
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,044 Member
    edited August 2017
    BrazenLotus has made an override for the ball pit with more balls, but not as extreme a version as WMS did. It has a bit higher poly count, but less than the WMS version.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,621 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    BrazenLotus has made an override for the ball pit with more balls, but not as extreme a version as WMS did. It has a bit higher poly count, but less than the WMS version.

That looks better. I am hoping someone will also mod it into a pool.