Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Announcement confirmed for Gamescom TOMORROW!

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    The Sims team just confirmed it! Is it finally time for pets!? Because If it is I might cry :scream:

I don't get it. In nowhere does it say announcement.

They wouldn't tell us to tune in if there wasn't one.

Of course they would. What kind of logic is even that? I mean if there is one, good for them, but I just don't see announcement anywhere. As far as I see it they just want to promote mobile and console.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Hopefully split level buildings and terrain sculpting.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    To be fair last year we had no announcement and they were upfront and told us there wouldn't be. We know the console edition is coming and we know it's being shown, the Guru on Twitter said "there's only one way to find out" in response to someone surely that would be a flat no otherwise?
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,167 Member
    The Sims team just confirmed it! Is it finally time for pets!? Because If it is I might cry :scream:

Of course they would. What kind of logic is even that? I mean if there is one, good for them, but I just don't see announcement anywhere. As far as I see it they just want to promote mobile and console.

They COULD disappoint us and just talk about the console version again, but that's usually the time of the year when they announce the new EP for the next quarter, and Pets is always VERY requested.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2017

They COULD disappoint us and just talk about the console version again, but that's usually the time of the year when they announce the new EP for the next quarter, and Pets is always VERY requested.

We'll see. I was just curious as to where people were seeing announcement written in this teaser.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I think it's just Implied from that one tweet plus one of the EP people attending gamescom and the lets player saying they have a new render they can't show anyone yet for an EP.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited August 2017
    kokoro80 wrote: »
    It's gonna be a trailer for a Pets EP that is obviously too small to tell us anything about the actual quality of the EP, and people are gonna be blindly hyped and just post "OMG" a dozen times on the video or some variation of "I'M CRYING" or "I'M SCREAMING" or "I CAN'T EVEN."

Then maybe in ~3 months people will be bored with it one month after release and no one will have learned their lesson whatsoever.

When will people accept that there are other people who actually do enjoy this game? I have been on plenty of sims 4 hype trains and am yet to be disappointed tyvm. If you intend on being disappointed that is fine, but don't be so presumptuous as to tell others they have a lesson to learn :expressionless:

*GASP!*
    o.O You are on a forum of a game you enjoy?? soooo weeeeeiiiiird O.o

Just blow it off cause ain't got no time for no negative nancy's :smiley:

I am hoping that it is pets BUT also hoping for word about seasons, I would love for my sims to have a white Christmas. Now to I expect it to be seasons announcement, no, but I can still hope :)
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I hope they announce the Pets ep everyone has been wanting!! I personally don't care about a Pets ep, I'm more of a seasons girl. lol
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    2hrs, 25mins and we'll know...
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »

We'll see. I was just curious as to where people were seeing announcement written in this teaser.

To me it's because of the TS3 Pets music and because they used the word "news". The console and mobile versions aren't really news anymore, at least to me. I get that they can tell us new things about these versions, but the mobile game is already playable ( and even if they did I doubt the whole event would just focus on it ) and the console version will be pretty much an exact copy of the PC version, so any big news about that one will probably also be news about the main game.

Exactly. I found it odd that it's Sims 4 news, but they used Sims 3 music. That's why I'm curious as to what it is because that seems weird if it were about Sims Mobile or the Console version. And of all things, they used the Pet music.

• Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    Does anyone have a link where we can watch the announcement?
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Does anyone have a link where we can watch the announcement?

• Options
    JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    They used the Sims 3 Pets theme on the teaser.

I think that essentially confirms what's the announcement :p

• Options
    55min!! ...
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    @keylimepiesims Thanks! :)
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I'm hoping for something and I already know won't be it.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    aelias24aelias24 Posts: 220 Member
    My Crystal Ball says: PETS and VACATION with rain added.
    Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
  • Options
    43mins to go...
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    I hope they will combine weather and Pets.

I know it probably won't happen and its probably not good for the overall depth of both themes, but seriously, I don't want to wait another year for Seasons to -maybe- make a return.

• Options
    PeachynesssPeachynesss Posts: 57 Member
    38 minutes! <3
    319a2d108b51035bcdd43edc37866094.gif

Origin ID: Peachynesss
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

It says quite clearly "exciting news from the Sims at gamescom"
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    30 minutes left hype!
  • Options
    KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    Lame there was zero mention of pets in that lame trailer there for no proof at this point period
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    KeyserFn wrote: »
    Lame there was zero mention of pets in that lame trailer there for no proof at this point period

SimsCommunity just shared a link to the trailer. It's cute.