Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Announcement confirmed for Gamescom TOMORROW!

The Sims team just confirmed it! Is it finally time for pets!? Because If it is I might cry :scream:

Comments

• Options
    FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    Sooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All aboard the HYPE TRAIN!!!
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• Options
    Maybe we'll get a BIG. JUICY. PATCH!! I wonder what would be in it though... :o
    Mafia Stats

• Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Wooooow... Using The Sims 3 Pets theme for this teaser... I woooooonder what's the annonucement going to be about...
  • Options
    It probably will be pets but even then it will be nice to get a good look at the pack if it is announced! They would give us the trailer, right?
    Mafia Stats

• Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Hype is so dangerous but I do always indulge myself with it. I got many years left to be disappointed should the need arise!
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    What is the alternative anyway? Not being hyped? Even if in the end we are disappointed at least we had fun getting all hyped.
    Mafia Stats

• Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    I don't see any mention of pets anywhere in that video.
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    FloppyFish wrote: »
    What is the alternative anyway? Not being hyped? Even if in the end we are disappointed at least we had fun getting all hyped.

That's true! Some folks prefer to be cautious and I don't blame them. TS4 hasn't crushed my soul quite enough to make me cautious about my hype though.
    Omri147 wrote: »
    Wooooow... Using The Sims 3 Pets theme for this teaser... I woooooonder what's the annonucement going to be about...

Nice catch! I only noticed after you'd mentioned something. They're so (sorta) sneaky!
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    This has got to be really big... even if it is Pets it probably is a lot better than the other EPs, so they're announcing it at Gamescon. Remember I don't think CL was announced at Gamescon. And guys, also remember the last time the Sims team said we were getting a big announcement.. you know what came?
    Toddlers.
    Mafia Stats

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,611 Member
    Is that guy wearing a new shirt? I don't I've seen that in game.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    Pet files and Sims 3 pet music *screams on the inside and outside*
  • Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

Nope, everything's old :) I thought it was new too but it's from bowling stuff
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Just hope it's not a The Sims mobile release date, or anything related to that garbage.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,611 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

Nope, everything's old :) I thought it was new too but it's from bowling stuff

Oh okay.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    I'm so ready! It's going to be so hard to get my stuff done tomorrow.. I'm just going to want to stare at the clock until 11am Central time. D: But hopefully I can push through my list of things I have to do and then come on the forums and just refresh the Ea.com site a million times.... D: probably break it in the process. Traffic overload. Hehe.
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Hoping it will be pets despite the fact that my parents won't let me buy any packs :D
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Guys calm down it's hype for the console version. That was supposed to be their big surprise announcement this year it just got revealed early when someone at MS jumped the gun and revealed it early. They might possibly reveal what the next EP is but you can guarantee the main portion of their event is going to be concentrating on the console version just like they initially planned...
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    3KNPen wrote: »
    Guys calm down it's hype for the console version. That was supposed to be their big surprise announcement this year it just got revealed early when someone at MS jumped the gun and revealed it early. They might possibly reveal what the next EP is but you can guarantee the main portion of their event is going to be concentrating on the console version just like they initially planned...

This is a "big announcement". Console has already been announced. Sorry, you don't know anything about what is coming.
    Mafia Stats

• Options
    Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    DivieOwl wrote: »
    I don't see any mention of pets anywhere in that video.

The OP never said it did mention pets but it is playing the theme music from TS3 Pets :)
  • Options
    Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    edited August 2017

Pets would have been set to be announced at Gamescom anyway (if that is what they are doing) regardless of the console game. They aren't just throwing in a Pets announcement last minute because the console game got announced early
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member

That's silly then, because they said we wouldn't want to miss it. But we all already know about the Console version coming out.
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Weeeeeeeee I hope it's pets I'm so excited yaaasaaaaaaay
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    There is nothing that Maxis can ever say or ever do that will rectify the savage and needless killing of my Sim.

They can choke on their announcement.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    It's gonna be a trailer for a Pets EP that is obviously too small to tell us anything about the actual quality of the EP, and people are gonna be blindly hyped and just post "OMG" a dozen times on the video or some variation of "I'M CRYING" or "I'M SCREAMING" or "I CAN'T EVEN."

Then maybe in ~3 months people will be bored with it one month after release and no one will have learned their lesson whatsoever.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    edited August 2017

It may have been leaked early. But I think we can almost guarantee an EP announcement. After numerous files and code related to pets in the game files and a teaser with the TS3 Pets expansion music, with a long over due EP. I think we all know what is coming.