Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New trailer

Comments

• Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    FloppyFish wrote: »
    Could someone post a screenie for each toddler hair style that is coming? I wanna know all of the new ones XD

@FloppyFish
    USb3bOt.jpg
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    Thanks so much! You're the best!
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Wow a good many toddler hairstyles
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    So what do we class as late summer then? I would class it as August personally. Shame they didnt release a date
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 572 Member
    I just hope we can be done with toddlers for now and get back to doing fun things in the game. This game has become The Mother Simulator recently.
    soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    I don't know why everyone is complaining so much about the ball pit. The textures aren't bad, it's just the flat mesh that is bad. If the Sims team were to make every single ball round and not flush, the mesh would be painfully high poly due to the amount of vertices on the balls and people with lower end PC's would not be able to use them due to the lag.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    It was a bit short wasn't it? I'm wondering if we might get a Patch just before it comes out with more gameplay for all.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    I don't know why everyone is complaining so much about the ball pit. The textures aren't bad, it's just the flat mesh that is bad. If the Sims team were to make every single ball round and not flush, the mesh would be painfully high poly due to the amount of vertices on the balls and people with lower end PC's would not be able to use them due to the lag.

So perhaps they should have done a sandpit instead of something they could not produce properly. Do we really want something of that quality in a 2017 game?
  • Options
    SonorousSonorous Posts: 12 New Member
    I think the hairstyles are really cute! I'm so excited!
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    that ballpit is so sad. it looks like it's filled with soggy fruity pebbles as opposed to balls.
    no not even that, it's like they pasted a picture of soggy fruity pebbles on it. :mask:
    everything else is cute tho and i like the playdate idea, the game needs more "events".
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    simlish1 wrote: »
    So what do we class as late summer then? I would class it as August personally. Shame they didnt release a date

It said August 24th iirc. :)
  • Options
    simlish1 wrote: »

august 24th its at the end of the vid.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2017
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    That does look like an awful lot for a stuff pack. More than usual. Interesting trailer. I wonder if you build a toddler park how we would be able to get a bunch of toddlers there at the same time, since the objects are way too big for my Sims' home lots and since toddlers can't be in clubs.

That might be why they've added play dates. If a Sim with a toddler knows other toddlers, they can arrange to meet with the toddlers and their caregivers at home or at a park. If it works like other parties, you can probably opt not to have any requirements (although, depending on the prize, it might be worth it to go for a gold medal).

Oh, wow, thanks! I didn't know play dates could be on community lots. Thanks! ETA: I really like all the new hairstyles finally more curls and waves.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    that ballpit is so sad. it looks like it's filled with soggy fruity pebbles as opposed to balls.
    no not even that, it's like they pasted a picture of soggy fruity pebbles on it. :mask:
    everything else is cute tho and i like the playdate idea, the game needs more "events".

I died. X_X lolol
    258y0b6.jpg
    Fred Flinstone called, he wants his cereal back.

• Options
    Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    Schantal wrote: »
    vickyloo wrote: »
    Agreed the pool doesn't look too well textured but i like the idea, its a lot more stuff than i was expecting. I think i will prob end up buying this one as i never really bothered with kids until the parenthood ep. Now i have a few and have run out of things to do with them!

Not only are the textures terrible, but they keep just recoloring the same items (and maybe adding a slightly different thing to it) and putting it in these packs. For example the picnic table, we already have several of those in game, we already have coolers, we already have toy chests(they literally just recolored the toy chest and put two wheels on it), etc.... Another example is some of the clothes that came with Fitness stuff are literally the same clothes we have in other packs. The cropped shirt with the long sleeves is identical to the one that either came with movie hangout or backyard ( I can't remember which one) and there is even a 3rd shirt that looks similar. Its just super lazy and I am not happy about paying more money for a recolor of the same object. I am happy to give a company m,y money if they actually create something new and offer up QUALITY.

This particular pack looks VERY low res. The object quality looks way more jittery and the textures just look awful.....

qytN9gO.png?1
    QEwL6lt.png?1
    o9OKPFb.png?1
    E76SqCi.png?1
    i5XbvrE.png?1
    OYinHeZ.png?1
    uCu0KJW.png?1
    1hUsy4q.png?1
    KLW1ZGU.png?1

do-I-need-glasses.jpg

This is the best reply ever! :D
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Yeah, this Stuff Pack is pretty stuffed, SP Team is not slackin' this summer. B) Yay, for more Events, and glad to see them in an SP, more please. The slide animations are super cute, as well as in the ball pool. I was hankering for a wading pool, and a regular ball pit would've looked even worse, so I guess they made the best of it with this. Sandbox would have been OK, and probably would have looked better. But the animations would have been more tame, IMO, unless they would have made sandcastles or the like. If we get that, it'll prolly be in a beach pack of some sort. We must now have liberated slides for children, we must!
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member

Lol! I said something similar in another thread. But to me it looks like the bowl of cereal in the game. Like we could get the bowl of cereal make it huge, and get a similar result
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    That ball pit isn't exactly discouraging my theory their budget is too small....
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I think that for a 10$ stuffs pack this looks pretty great and I'll be getting it for sure. I'm counting down the days. This is the first stuffs pack I've been excited for in a while. The flat texture on the ball pit is a bit off BUT it is the only thing in the pack unappealing to me and considering what all is shown to be in it it's rather insignificant to me.

I'm guessing it's less to do with budgets (Since I am not in their business meetings I won't presume it is a budget thing) I'm guessing (which is all any of us can do at this point) that its likely to keep poly count down. Since my pc handles high poly like a champ I am looking forward to what the modders will do.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    edited August 2017
    I like it honestly! I am exited for hair styles and the slide. It does make me wish that they would add slides for children as well. This is one the better SP's in a while IMO. The only thing that bothers me a tiny bit is that the ball pit looks a little weird, but that is just a minor detail I can get over. EDIT: Overall, a lot of stuff for a SP- especially in terms of interactive objects.
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    edited August 2017
    Guess one way to look at it is, only one detail is... Leaves something to be desired, so given how much it offers, the pack is over all perhaps a 9/10?
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »

Lol! I said something similar in another thread. But to me it looks like the bowl of cereal in the game. Like we could get the bowl of cereal make it huge, and get a similar result

Fruity Coco Pebbles? That Flintstones related cereal. I believe they have one that is a 'fruit' based one aside from the usual chocolate themed one.
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    Mess that ball pit...Serving PlayStation 1 graphics and effects.

Besides that everything looks fantastic to me.
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    I think everything looks really nice! I love the new clothes and hairstyles and toys! Honestly I don't know why everyone is complaining about the ball pit. Its not the prettiest thing in game, but prettiness isn't eveything, it's playability.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I didn't see the trailer yesterday. I'm looking forward to getting this now. I only play with the little ones now and then but the hair and clothes are so flippin cute. I love that corkscrew one especially for some reason..
    The pack seems really full to me for some reason too. As in more game play objects then normal.
    Did we have pizza before? I'm puzzling over that..
    Reading through about the ball pit. I'll bet they are holding back on anything "sandy" to incorporate it into a beach theme... and so far toddlers don't swim. Those animations .. even if only splashing in a kiddy pool will make more sense in a vacation theme or seasons theme maybe.
    egTcBMc.png