Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    carolynrossercarolynrosser Posts: 438 Member

Theme: A drive-in movie theater
    Gallery name: Open All Night Drive-In
    Origin ID: carolynrosser
    Link to Imgur gallery

Overview: A drive-in cinema run by vampires! You might call it an attempt to bridge the rift between the vampire and non-vampire communities, or you might call it a blatant scheme to lure in clueless plasma-sources...uh, customers.

1YYPcrK.png

"Welcome! May I drink you...um, offer you a drink?"

SUVTOfe.png

"No, I haven't noticed anything weird here. Although I guess it is a little strange that *they're* paying *us* to watch movies..."

Thzt7oq.png

Here at Open All Night, we offer the finest Uptown food stalls for your pleasure and nourishment. Better rejuvenate yourself before the movie starts!

yywV0lf.png

If you arrive before showtime, be sure to visit our Topiary and Sculpture Garden! Drive-In Today magazine called it "deeply unsettling"!

cIxhu9J.png

I don't know why. It's just some eerie plants, mysterious ruins and sculptures. All kinds of...sculptures.

dDUZk9j.png

Oh, look! The movie's starting. Time to turn off the lights and focus on the screen. Pay no attention to any other activity occurring in the theater.

FztUTpT.png

Gather round, everybody! Sit in your cars, on our comfy couches, or continue to stuff your face at one of our convenient picnic tables! Your comfort is one of our primary goals!

hzRCVI9.png

Some members of our planning committee insisted on putting in a pipe organ. Our community likes movies the way they used to be. Some of us don't really trust "talkies."

Ck5xkYl.png

"Down in front!"

Rl50jtB.png

"Nothing to see here, folks! Please keep your eyes on the screen. The plasma screen! Get it?"

VDdhSM7.png

What a lovely evening it's been! Feel free to avail yourself of the bushes behind the food stalls if you need to engage in your disgusting human excretion rituals. And come see us again soon!

1bcvKNa.png
    6UGz4SO.jpg
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited July 2017
    @carolynrosser --- I like the food stalls and your vampire theme --- kinda scary, though, but it's still a great theme B)! Also, great captions and screenshots :D!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    You are so very creative ! @carolynrosser :) Your idea to design a vampire drive -in to help to bring in blood sources is so very unique and creative! The words captioning the pictures are very well written! The plasma tv screen is so literally used for its plasma meaning ! The pipe organ is a great touch there, and a reminder of past movie times of an older era. Very nice layout of the build! The row of food stalls are great for sims to enjoy having food and drinks from before the movie starts! Very nice bar area! The black bar counters and red stools look great together. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar, served by a vampire! The black grandfather clock is a nice touch there. The white floor tiling at the venue looks very nice. Very nice Topiary and Sculpture Garden! The topiary plants and animals , the ruins, the statues, bats and fairy sculptures there look great! The tombstones look scary! Very nice row of seat benches and lanterns for sims to sit and wait for the movie start time. Very nice movie screen area! It looks great how the red sofa seats and black picnic tables have been set up there in the front area, on the red flooring. Sims will enjoy sitting there or in the enlarged vehicles watching the movies. They may though not see much of the movies if the vampires are there!
    It is such a very creatively designed venue! Your ideas for your rooms are so unique! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    jazzunicornsjazzunicorns Posts: 185 Member
    @carolynrosser - AMAZING work. You've definitely inspired me to create a vampire themed lot! I love the use of the ancient columns; they give the theater a certain... eternal vibe?

Thanks for the love @coolsim9999999, @Sjemmie03, and @janwearsbraces!
  • Options
    You're welcome @jazzunicorns :D!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Thanks so much for the lovely comments, @rosemow, @coolsim9999999 and @jazzunicorns! I'm not even sure where the idea came from, but I had a lot of fun putting it together!
    6UGz4SO.jpg
  • Options
    Great job with your drive-in, @jazzunicorns! I like all the signage you used, and the movie posters. Your comment about Joe being one of those guys who never wears a shirt made me laugh. (My daughter once created a household called Pageant and Pantsless, which included a beauty queen married to a slob who never wears pants. Unlike Joe, that look *wasn't* cool...) I don't think I've ever been to a drive-in, either. It's a shame there aren't more of them around these days.
    6UGz4SO.jpg
  • Options
    You're welcome @carolynrosser B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Awesome drive-ins!
    I'm so behind in this thread...again :#
    Thank you all for commenting on my build and the congrats! <3 I didn't notice the fav until this morning when I logged into my game. Congratulation too @carolynrosser Yay!!
    RL is getting hectic but I will be checking on all the great new builds.
    Luves to all!
  • Options
    NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: an outdoor drive-in movie theater room
    Gallery name of room: Moonlight Drive-In
    Origin id: Ninnster

Peter has bought up a park area to use for his new cinema. He has built a parking lot for the guests to park (and of course, you need to pay for it), he has a ticket booth set up and toilet facilities. He has also teamed up with a local food enthusiast and they have agreed she can have her food stand at the park to offer some food for hungry movie goers. They have hung up lanterns in the nearby tree and lights around the park to help light it up during late nights. Movie goers can bring their own chairs, so some bring their fold up chairs from home, some have camping equipment and coolers, some bring a carpet and even some might bring some bean bags.

Pull up into the parking lot. I wonder what they are showing tonight?

tcnvafB.png

Almost time for the movie to start! Let's buy some tickets from Sally.

EB7nxDg.png

You would like a hot dog, yes? Coming right up!

yTtdpNJ.png

Let's hurry, the movie has started!

a5hxjpi.png

No better place to enjoy a movie!

9ctchIl.png

Oh.. I see somebody is planning a date? Watch for ants.

mga0aut.png

Wouldn't brag about the toilets though. They work but.. yeah.

CvoVOif.png

If you by any chance want to see it from above?

t09vIKc.png
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Options
    The design and layout of Moonlight Drive -In looks very nice! @Laebeth :) The adjoining car park looks great! The enlarged vehicles look great there. Very nice ticket office! The movie posters on the outside walls, and the noticeboard,wall clock and lockers inside the office look great! The overhead string lights and the lantern lights tree look very pretty at the venue! Sims will enjoy buying food from the food stall to enjoy eating whilst watching the movies. It looks very nice that sims have brought along a variety of types of chairs and stools to sit on and enjoy watching the movies. It is nice that there is a cooler there for sims to get food and drinks from. It is cute that a child has come to the venue after school, and has their bunny and school bag with them! The picnic nook with the hamper, patterned floor rug, rose petals, bottles and candles is very special! Sims will enjoy eating a picnic whilst watching the movie.
    It is a very nice venue for watching moves! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
  • Options
    Dangerous12AngelDangerous12Angel Posts: 231 Member
    edited July 2017
    @Laebeth , wow ... I'm speechless with Moonlight Drive -In!
    amazing!! :o
    @Agrippine_23 thank you for your lovely comment!
    @carolynrosser Open All Night Drive-In is impressive!! and love the little story you made while showing your creation, it is funny.
    Post edited by Dangerous12Angel on
  • Options
    Dangerous12AngelDangerous12Angel Posts: 231 Member
    Entry Form
    Gallery name of room: Drive-in Cinema
    Origin id: Dangerous12Angel

36226644075_9eebd37bc8_b.jpg
    36092962721_a22c09dac4_b.jpg
    36092960831_1e35f657f0_b.jpg
    "Excuse me, sir! Ticket please."
    36092960061_53111c7e06_b.jpg
    "Two for The Walking Sim."
    36092957971_4c95273b0b_b.jpg
    36092958651_8c0b7190a2_b.jpg
    Movie time! "Excuse me hot and sexy sir, please sit down."
    35421578073_180697b790_b.jpg
    36226645865_094340f212_b.jpg
    35421560863_b72c992594_b.jpg
    Burger time!
    36092956471_b63e541c3f_b.jpg
  • Options
    The layout of Drive-In Cinema looks great! @ARADEMIS212 :) The car parking area with the enlarged vehicles looks great! The wire fencing gives a great look to the area. The design of the pathway to the ticket office looks great! Very nice ticket office! It is nice that there is a bed there for the ticket seller to have a sleep whilst the movie is on. They will like having a cup of coffee from the coffee maker whilst doing their job. The noticeboard, wall clock and coat shelf there look great! It is a great idea to have a fire extinguiser in case of issues, and the security camera is wise to have! Very nice movies watching area! The string lights look very pretty! The wooden flooring is nice, The sofas and patterned stools look very nice how they are placed there, for sims to enjoy sitting there watching the movies on the large screen. The large billboard looks great in the room! It is great that there is a food stall at the venue for sims to buy food and drink to eat whilst movies- watching.
    It is a very nice venue for sims to enjoy watching movies at! Thank you very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    amyybugg92amyybugg92 Posts: 40 Member
    I tried SOOO many different lots and layouts and finally decided with a park setting for my drive-in (I wish the sims could sit in the cars since that's what actually happens at a drive-in movie anyways...oh well). I hope you guys like it!

Gallery name of room: At The Drive-In
    Origin id: amyybugg14
    Photos:
    36207444596_9685d0fbcf_b.jpg
    35855737870_5568322e85_b.jpg
    36114147741_311fe08ea4_b.jpg
    35415303754_9638af1782_b.jpg
    35415279824_da40412fcd_b.jpg
    35855738500_6c61b750d2_b.jpg
    35415276024_7b82236acf_z.jpg
    36114136071_7228d54f1f_b.jpg
    35415246774_74ec2bb581_b.jpg
  • Options
    The design and layout of At the Drive-In looks very nice ! @amyybugg92 :) It looks great the way the enlarged vehicles have been placed there, at various places in the car park and a bit angled. Very nice large screen movies watching area! The pool lights look great how they are placed on the wall! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the seat benches watching the movies, and the flowers look pretty along the base of the screen wall. It is great that there is a food stall in the corner nook. Sims will enjoy buying food and drinks there to eat whilst watching the movie. It is very nice that there are also picnic tables to eat the food at, with the heater lamp there to keep the sims warm. Kids will have fun playing on the monkey bars. The lantern tree looks so pretty at nightime, for sims to enjoy seeing whilst watching movies at night! The colourful banners/flags at the entrance to the venue are nice and welcoming. The flowers in the corner nook look very pretty! The ticket office is great! The movie posters and ticker tale are a nice touch above the service windows! Very nice computer and snacks room at the venue! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools using the computers there. Nice dining table area in the room for sims to get or make a meal, snack or drink from the fridge, microwave or coffee machine and enjoy eating and drinking there, either before or after watching the movies.
    Sims will enjoy watching movies there! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    Agrippine_23Agrippine_23 Posts: 96 Member
    Your drive-in builds are awesome guys! so creative! @Laebeth I wish yours was a real one, it looks like such a great place for summer evenings! I would definitely go :) And @carolynrosser I just love the plasma pun, so funny :D

I'm about to have a very busy week so I'm afraid I won't be able to participate and post much but I'll be back the week after that and take a look at all your awesome builds!
  • Options
    I hope that your busy week ahead goes as smoothly as possible @Agrippine_23 :) Thankyou for your kind words to the simmers on their Drive in venues :)
  • Options
    Agrippine_23Agrippine_23 Posts: 96 Member
    Thank you @rosemow :)
  • Options
    NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    About time I get to properly check out this weeks entries! Sorry I'm a bit slow, been much going on this week :wink:

@rosemow @ARADEMIS212 and @Agrippine_23 Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback! So glad you liked it :smiley:

@coolsim9999999 If there was a prize for original concept you would definitely have won that! A bumblebee movie theater is so fun, and I love that you added details like the face and the stinger :blush: Great idea, and a wonderful room!

@jazzunicorns Love the neon sign, that's a great touch! The ticket booth looks wonderful, I very much got that those things were meant as the thing you talk through :wink: The vending machines is a clever touch too, and I like that you added the picnic tables. It's an awesome room!

@carolynrosser Another great inventive idea for a venue! A vampire movie cinema :blush: (That plasma pun, haha!) Gotta love those food stands, and so much variety in food choices! The columns, statues and the manicured green bushes really gives it that old ruins look that is perfect for a vampire place! It's a super cool room :smiley:

@ARADEMIS212 The ticket booth with the half wall and glass is so clever! We have some quite different takes on ticket booths so far, and I love them all! It looks like you've created a wooden platform (of sorts) for the cinema screen and the seating. So cozy with the surrounding hedge, and the adjacent parking lot looks so realistic! Awesome work!

@amyybugg92 Those restrooms look great (weird compliment when you think about it, right? haha)! I like that you went with a more "traditional" drive-in where you park your car and watch the movie from there. The fast food stand with the picnic tables outside is so great, as I can perfectly picture that at any rest stop etc. It's a great drive-in :blush:

OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the nice comments, @Laebeth and @Agrippine_23!

Love everyone's contributions so far!
    @Laebeth: I love that you have two separate screens going, and I love the way you've made it all look so cozy! I want to bring a bean bag and sack out on the lawn to watch a movie! And I bet those romantic picnickers on a date are going to have a great evening! :)

@amyybugg92: Your layout looks great! The climbing structure is a nice touch--you know kids often get bored in the middle of a movie. And I had the same feeling when I realized I couldn't actually put my Sims in the car to watch movies. Oh, well. :)

Also, as I look at everyone else's, I can't believe I forgot to put in movie posters! I have the Movie Stuff pack, but some of those practical details just slipped my mind...
    6UGz4SO.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Thank you so much for really liking my creative theme/room design, as well as the bee face and stinger @Laebeth B)!

I really like your picnic basket idea, as well as how you used the movie and camping seating for Sims to watch movies :D!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Congratulations on the Maxis Faves for your beautiful rooms @mannanna and @carolynrosser! :blush::star::star::star:

Love your cute Drive-in @coolsim9999999! The bee shape and colors of the room are so cute! :smile:

I think your lot came out just beautifully @jazzunicorns! I love the drive-in venue room too and your background story is so cute! Love the cool and creative idea for the ticket windows! :blush:

Hahaha! You never disappoint with your hilarious commentary @carolynrosser! Funny girl! Love your drive-in theater. Perfect "movie" choice to show on the screen and the color of the rug is just as perfect! :smiley:

Once again, your work is impeccable @Laebeth! Love the imaginative and cool ticket booth you created and the romantic set up for date night. :blush:

Cool drive-in @ARADEMIS212! Love your idea for the ticket booth too! Don't you just love how simmies are like real life people, what with their standing up and blocking everyone else's view, lol! :p

Love your drive-in @amyybugg92! Cool idea for the kids area over by the food. Lets mom and dad get a chance to actually hear what's happening in the movie, lol! :D
  • Options
    Thanks so much @WrathofCath B)! I'm so happy that you like the bee shape and color scheme of my drive-in :D!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Loved this week's theme, Rose! So.... unexpectedly, I ended up doing two rooms. It honestly wasn't my intention but I just couldn't pick, between the two. So.... here goes:

Challenge 122
    Theme for the week: An Outdoors Drive In Movies Theatre Room.
    Gallery name of room: Retro Drive-In
    Origin id: wrathofcath

07-30-17_14049nbspPM_zpsvgg6mh9s.png

07-30-17_14146nbspPM_zpslmkkiiyy.png

07-30-17_14252nbspPM_zpsq6ur3wbi.png

07-30-17_14617nbspPM_zpsps2kkaam.png

07-30-17_14328nbspPM_zpsceiqlyrz.png

07-30-17_14419nbspPM_zpsxbw6ybhq.png

07-30-17_14437nbspPM_zpscz70lxb2.png

Next room:

Challenge 122
    Theme for the week: An Outdoors Drive In Movies Theatre Room.
    Gallery name of room: Campy Drive-In
    Origin id: wrathofcath

07-30-17_14913nbspPM_zps7diqwici.png

07-30-17_15332nbspPM_zps9i1mwvdr.png

07-30-17_15707nbspPM_zpsmr5fd8m3.png

07-30-17_15750nbspPM_zps3cx07qw4.png

07-30-17_15407nbspPM_zpsxtwbjmus.png

07-30-17_15412nbspPM_zpsztj6zyst.png

Thank you Rose! Such a Fun theme this week! Sorry for doing two rooms but I just couldn't decide which one I liked better... :s

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top