The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Playing Sims 4 on a TV

Hello my fellow simmers,

Does anyone play The Sims 4 on their TV? If so, how did you hook it up & does it play well? Thanks!
You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.

Comments

• Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,908 Member
    I don't play on my TV personally; but you can use an HDMI cable to connect your laptop to theTV (assuming you've a laptop).
  • Options
    Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Thanks @NRowe. Forgot to mention it's a desktop.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,908 Member
    Still HDMI; but the connection might be trickier. You'd need your computer to be near the TV and probably a longer cable anyways. Plus, then you might have trouble being in a postion to see the TV screen and be near enough to manipulate the keyboard/mouse. Wireless keyboard and mouse would be handy here.
  • Options
    I hadn't thought about wireless! Thanks!
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Rumour has it that TS4 was meant to play out like a soap, apparently...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Destin2016 wrote: »

That is what the devs aid at the time. They might have changed the theme a bit now though
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    I play on a tv with a wireless keyboard and mouse. I keep my tower on a cpu cart that has wheels. You hook the tower up to the tv with an hdmi cord.

What video card do you have? What is the resolution of your TV? The higher the resolution the better the video card you need.
  • Options
    troubledbongotroubledbongo Posts: 74 Member
    Yeah I have my desktop PC set up on my TV which I use as the only display. I play all my games on it and it's fine. It depends on how exactly you want to place the desktop but I just use a 2m HDMI cable and have the desktop next to the TV stand.

I use a wireless keyboard and mouse for certain games (such as Sims, Civilization VI, Dragon Age Origins) but use a wireless Xbox One controller for most other games (the ones suited to a controller anyway).
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I do. love it. I sit close.

I have HDMI out from PC into a 40" Panasonic Plasma. Looks drop dead gorgeous.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    Sorry didn't give my PC spec

Nothing fancy

i7 4 core CPU
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 770 2GB
    SSD

Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    @phoebebebe13 my graphics card is EVGA NVIDIA super clocked GTX 960 4GB PCI-E, and my TV resolution is 1024x768p. It is a LG 42 in plasma tv.
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Yep, by connecting my laptop and TV via HDMI cable. The big screen is so much better visually (I have poor eyesight).
  • Options
    @taydev That's one of the reasons I want to start playing on my TV.
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    Hello my fellow simmers,

Does anyone play The Sims 4 on their TV? If so, how did you hook it up & does it play well? Thanks!

I hooked it up using a DV output once and played using my 3D glasses very weird on a big screen
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @phoebebebe13 my graphics card is EVGA NVIDIA super clocked GTX 960 4GB PCI-E, and my TV resolution is 1024x768p. It is a LG 42 in plasma tv.

Same card as me :D you can run up to 1080p resolution with that card .
  • Options
    Thank you @phoebebebe13 , @ModerateOsprey , @troubledbongo, @taydev , @NRowe, @king_of_simcity7 , @knazzer . People are always so helpful on this forum! :-)
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I've been using our 60" Vizio as my monitor for almost a year now. It's hooked up to my old toaster of a laptop (HP G60 Notebook w/integrated graphics) via a 12 ft. HDMI cord. It works great, love sitting on my couch playing the game. I have a wireless mouse that I use. The backlight went out on my laptop and we can't afford to get me a new one so this was the best/cheapest and meant to be temporary (o.O) option for us. Hubby is actually a bit jealous, he uses our old desktop (has worse specs than the laptop) with a 21" screen. :)
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited July 2017
    Hello my fellow simmers,

I do!! I edited the UI so its bigger via the documents folder!
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I had my pc hooked up to my big screen and played ts3, haven't tried it with 4 yet but I bet it would look great!
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Wonder how it would look on a 75" TV.
  • Options
    I'm gonna have to try it this weekend!
  • Options
    Wonder how it would look on a 75" TV.

You'd have to be careful that you didn't fall in.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    Emma_Smith101Emma_Smith101 Posts: 453 Member
    My monitor is also a tv and it's connected by vga. It can depend on what your tv will allow you to do, the ports it has I think. I don't really know enough about it but good luck.
    I share my builds and Sims' stories sometimes at: https://simplicityplaysss.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    never thought of doing that great idea much more comfy